On the Summit Right Now

Projunior

515 passengers on board. It is heavenly. Crew no longer required to wear masks. Beaming smiles everywhere you go from both crew and passengers. Want a lounge chair near the pool on a sea day? Choose from dozens. Ditto for seats in the Oceanview.

Next week only 200 pax booked.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I would like to hear more about your trip.

At work they switched to "no masks required if vaccinated".  But I think I will still wear one when walking around.  I keep thinking of "delta variant".

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Projunior said:

515 passengers on board. It is heavenly. Crew no longer required to wear masks. Beaming smiles everywhere you go from both crew and passengers. Want a lounge chair near the pool on a sea day? Choose from dozens. Ditto for seats in the Oceanview.

Hi,

When I cruised aboard the Summit last week, the crew members indicated that their mask requirement hopefully would soon end. I'm glad that they new longer must wear masks. I had a wonderful time on the Summit last week.

Continue to enjoy your cruise! 

Chuck

1 hour ago, Projunior said:

Nice!  I am guessing that these cruises don't make any money but are a necessary investment to get cruises going again and to experiment with the health protocols, etc.

Have a nice cruise.

Edited by mahdnc

If it’s true that only 200 people booked for next week, that really says something about Celebrity as a company. 

They could have easily canceled these sailings and rolled them up into the hundreds of other cancelations, but they didn’t and continued to sail even when profits are small or nonexistent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

If it’s true that only 200 people booked for next week, that really says something about Celebrity as a company. 

They could have easily canceled these sailings and rolled them up into the hundreds of other cancelations, but they didn’t and continued to sail even when profits are small or nonexistent.  

Why cancel others but not this one?

Sailing on the Summit on August 21.  It looks at this time, that all excursions are required to be "ship sponsored"...if there is an alternative to this, I would like to know.  If you don't book an excursion, are you allowed off the ship to just shop?  Sometimes thats all we like to do if we don't see an excursion worth the money. Any info is very appreciated.

OP here. We booked X excursions for all three ports (Barbados, Curacao, Aruba).

In Barbados, no on your own allowed. As an aside,  every single person, without exception, observed on the streets in Bridgetown was masked (as seen during the bus ride to our Harbour Lights beach excursion).

Today,  in Curacao, passengers were allowed to come and go as they pleased. We walked from the ship into town after lunch after returning from our morning X excursion to Hato Caves and Mambo Beach. Masks required in stores, not required walking outside. Taxis parked near the dock were available to those who wanted one to travel on their own.

Aruba tomorrow and no mention in the Daily Planner about restrictions regarding traveling on your own. 

Unrelated - heard from a crew member that some of the upcoming 4/5 day cruises on the Summit have only 75 passengers booked. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Projunior said:

Unrelated - heard from a crew member that some of the upcoming 4/5 day cruises on the Summit have only 75 passengers booked.

That would be almost creepy.  I'm back aboard Summit in November for a 4-nighter.  I'm not sure what I would think about only having a relative handful of other passengers aboard.  I guess it might be fun if we all got along! 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, chefb1 said:

Sailing on the Summit on August 21.  It looks at this time, that all excursions are required to be "ship sponsored"...if there is an alternative to this, I would like to know.  If you don't book an excursion, are you allowed off the ship to just shop?  Sometimes thats all we like to do if we don't see an excursion worth the money. Any info is very appreciated.

We are on the same cruise as you.  I do not believe we will be able to get off the ship and walk around to shop near the port if we aren't on a ship's excursion.  But remember, things change frequently and it's up to each port.  Our cruise (at this point in time) are going to different islands except for Barbados.  I'm good with going wherever the ship takes us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Projunior said:

OP here. We booked X excursions for all three ports (Barbados, Curacao, Aruba).

Projunior ~ I have a VERY odd question about Barbados and their tours.  Can you ask at the shore excursion desk if any of the Barbados tours stop at Earthworks (it's a pottery factory on the island).  All of our dishes are from there and I'm hoping to visit to get something that was broken doing dishes last year (OK, everyone....stop laughing at me!!!!).  No worries if you don't have time to do that.  I just want to book the right tour.

THANKS for posting and continue to enjoy!

On 7/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, zitsky said:

I would like to hear more about your trip.

At work they switched to "no masks required if vaccinated".  But I think I will still wear one when walking around.  I keep thinking of "delta variant".

Who knows what it will be like a year from now when you cruise?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 5:08 PM, Host Anne said:

Projunior ~ I have a VERY odd question about Barbados and their tours.  Can you ask at the shore excursion desk if any of the Barbados tours stop at Earthworks (it's a pottery factory on the island).  All of our dishes are from there and I'm hoping to visit to get something that was broken doing dishes last year (OK, everyone....stop laughing at me!!!!).  No worries if you don't have time to do that.  I just want to book the right tour.

THANKS for posting and continue to enjoy!

Have they changed our ports from Barbados, St. Kitts and Tortola to new ones? I haven't seen that if so. Thanks!