Not Complaining - I promise, but where am I going??

kimandtim

Trust me, after MULTIPLE cancellations, I am very grateful that our September 12 Horizon sailing is a go.  I also understand that situations are fluid but I think that Carnival has to have some idea at this point where we are going.  My consultant suggested that we might only have 2 ports (Ocho Rios and Cozumel since Caymans will most likely remain closed) or that we can get switched to the Amber Cove, HMC, Bimini itinerary.  It seems that port changes are being made quite late. Anyone on September Horizon sailings have any insight?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

just think of it as a cruise version of pin the tail on the donkey

Right!  Cruising during hurricane season and during a pandemic is a crazy time.  Anything can happen.  I used to worry about hurricanes while cruising this time of year, but I don't even give them a second thought right now.

• Like 1

We have the same issue.  We are on the Ocho, Cozumel, GC sailing for Horizon in October.   Told the others in our group to be prepared.  Guessing Cozumel is in, but not sure about the other 2.  I told them what I thought we might end up at (possibly Amber Cove, HMC, Roatan).... either way it is all GOOD!  I LOVE HMC, so I would be great with that compared to Ocho for sure (don't care for Ocho much).  I like GC too so will miss that.

I am reminded of a cruise we were boarding years ago.  We were being directed to the Platinum lounge by this sweet older gentleman that worked for Carnival and he was profusely apologizing for the itinerary change (we had been handed a letter when we got to the port saying due to weather we were switching ports we went to).  Many guests had been less than polite when they found out and this nice man had been dealing with it all day.  I looked at him, took his handed and patted it and said, "I don't care if you take this big boat out and drive it around in big circles, I am on vacation with all the good food and drink I can handle for a week -  and more importantly NOT AT WORK!!  I am GOOD!"

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, wemjam said:

We have the same issue.  We are on the Ocho, Cozumel, GC sailing for Horizon in October.   Told the others in our group to be prepared.  Guessing Cozumel is in, but not sure about the other 2.  I told them what I thought we might end up at (possibly Amber Cove, HMC, Roatan).... either way it is all GOOD!  I LOVE HMC, so I would be great with that compared to Ocho for sure (don't care for Ocho much).  I like GC too so will miss that.

I am reminded of a cruise we were boarding years ago.  We were being directed to the Platinum lounge by this sweet older gentleman that worked for Carnival and he was profusely apologizing for the itinerary change (we had been handed a letter when we got to the port saying due to weather we were switching ports we went to).  Many guests had been less than polite when they found out and this nice man had been dealing with it all day.  I looked at him, took his handed and patted it and said, "I don't care if you take this big boat out and drive it around in big circles, I am on vacation with all the good food and drink I can handle for a week -  and more importantly NOT AT WORK!!  I am GOOD!"

If you go to Ocho Rios check out The Blue Hole.  Like a beautiful oasis/movie set out of Fantasy Island.  We booked through Liberty Tours and had a private driver.  Awesome excursion!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Where you are going is on a cruise.

Sept 12 is prime hurricane season and you may well end up in Canada.

Now that's funny... I don't care who you are.

• Like 2

I truly am excited to be going ANYWHERE. I am an obsessive planner and not knowing where we are going is an issue mostly because we could easily drive a few hours to either Galveston or New Orleans if we end up in say Roatan, Belize , Cozumel or worse only hit two ports.. I agree that any day on a ship no matter where is a good day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kimandtim said:

I truly am excited to be going ANYWHERE. I am an obsessive planner and not knowing where we are going is an issue mostly because we could easily drive a few hours to either Galveston or New Orleans if we end up in say Roatan, Belize , Cozumel or worse only hit two ports.. I agree that any day on a ship no matter where is a good day. 

I get that, I am the same way, control freak here for sure!  Got to know and plan everything well in advance.  Was freaking out for our August cruise (Nassau and HMC) because no HMC excursions were available for weeks (they had just changed the itinerary)..... and I soooo wanted a cabana!  Kept checking 3 times a day.. then the skies parted, the angels were singing and excursions were for sale!  Woopie!

We have an Ocho excursion prebooked for the 6 of us and just know with my luck it will get cancelled and will have to start all over again (was planning Cozumel and Grand Caymen on our own - we have things we always do there not through the ship).  

Trying to coordinate for 3 rooms, 6 people has been an act of congress so every change require passing of both the house, the senate and then sign off by the president!!  And I get to be the TA and Guidance Counselor for all of us! Gives me a headache!

• Like 1

@kimandtim

You are going on a 6 day Carnival cruise.  They don’t promise certain ports of call or really any ports call.  We will be on the same cruise & while I’m disappointed we can’t (or at least shouldn’t) book any excursions at this point, it is:

•our first cruise in 24 months

•first time on Horizon and having access to Havana

•our first cruise out of Miami

•likely we will visit ports we’ve never been to before (heck even Bimini sounds better than Nassau)

•not being at f*#%*#}} work

Think positive & once you step on board realize you are already cruising before 90+% of cruisers out there this year.

48 minutes ago, kimandtim said:

Have you been to Dunn River Falls?  That's closer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

@kimandtim

You are going on a 6 day Carnival cruise.  They don’t promise certain ports of call or really any ports call.  We will be on the same cruise & while I’m disappointed we can’t (or at least shouldn’t) book any excursions at this point, it is:

•our first cruise in 24 months

•first time on Horizon and having access to Havana

•our first cruise out of Miami

•likely we will visit ports we’ve never been to before (heck even Bimini sounds better than Nassau)

•not being at f*#%*#}} work

Think positive & once you step on board realize you are already cruising before 90+% of cruisers out there this year.

Have you booked anything for Bimini?  We are booked for 360 beach through Carnival.

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

Have you booked anything for Bimini?  We are booked for 360 beach through Carnival.

Never been to Bimini & aren’t booking excursions yet since we don’t know if that’s where the 9/12 sailing is going.  I’ll certainly look into it once confirmed.

Edited by TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Never been to Bimini & aren’t booking excursions yet since we don’t know if that’s where the 9/12 sailing is going.  I’ll certainly look into it once confirmed.

We are on the Sept 4 Magic sailing out of Port Canaveral so I'll be posting on our experience!

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Where you are going is on a cruise.

Sept 12 is prime hurricane season and you may well end up in Canada.

Actually, they can't go to Canada. Not until November.

Odds are it could just be Cozumel & Ocho Rios with the Cozumel stop going until 9pm or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm on the same cruise and dying to know, just out of excitement. Doesn't matter where we go, I'm just curious. But still just happy to be cruising. And I know it could change again depending on hurricane season. I'd love to go to HMC again though.