Best Western Plus BWI

nina_930

Looking at Best Western Plus BWI to stay the night and park for the cruise.  I am driving from NC so this is on the way back home.  Is this a good area to leave a car for the week?  It seems far away to have the shuttle to the port, but if it's offered I'd rather stay south than north of the port.  TIA. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 9:14 PM, nina_930 said:

Looking at Best Western Plus BWI to stay the night and park for the cruise.  I am driving from NC so this is on the way back home.  Is this a good area to leave a car for the week?  It seems far away to have the shuttle to the port, but if it's offered I'd rather stay south than north of the port.  TIA. 

Can you provide address ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 11:24 AM, Tony O said:

Can you provide address ?

I believe this one "6755 Dorsey Rd, Elkridge, MD 21075"

It is one that is currently listed on a recommended park/stay site. I sail 9/19 and trying to decided which hotel to choose , but without knowing the area its confusing.

45 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

I believe this one "6755 Dorsey Rd, Elkridge, MD 21075"

It is one that is currently listed on a recommended park/stay site. I sail 9/19 and trying to decided which hotel to choose , but without knowing the area its confusing.

Yes that is a good area as it’s within the BWI Airport district many cruisers have stayed in different hotels in that area.

Just now, Tony O said:

Yes that is a good area as it’s within the BWI Airport district many cruisers have stayed in different hotels in that area.

Thanks , I hope the original poster returns. I believe i saw you mention a Park & Cruise website in another post they currently have 3 hotels listed.

6571 Eastern Ave Baltimore, MD 21224 (Baltimore Cruise Port Hampton Inn)

301 Fallsway Baltimore MD 21202 (Baltimore SLeep Inn)

6755 Dorsey Road Elkridge, MD  (Best Western Plus BWI)

I don't think i will be choosing the Sleep Inn from the various reviews the place seems unsafe. Any opinions on the  Hampton Inn?

Sorry for the slight thread jack

9 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Thanks , I hope the original poster returns. I believe i saw you mention a Park & Cruise website in another post they currently have 3 hotels listed.

6571 Eastern Ave Baltimore, MD 21224 (Baltimore Cruise Port Hampton Inn)

301 Fallsway Baltimore MD 21202 (Baltimore SLeep Inn)

6755 Dorsey Road Elkridge, MD  (Best Western Plus BWI)

I don't think i will be choosing the Sleep Inn from the various reviews the place seems unsafe. Any opinions on the  Hampton Inn?

Sorry for the slight thread jack

The one on Eastern Ave is new. Nothing really around the area.

The sleep inn is on the edge of downtown I don’t recommend this place.

Honestly be careful when picking hotel in  Baltimore City. Yes there are some good areas but crime is rampant and the city states attorney doesn’t prosecute crime as she is worried about the federal criminal investigation again her and her husband.

the website is trinityreservations dot com

Edited by Tony O
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed many times at the BW on Dorsey Road.  It is a nice hotel and many cruisers stay there.  The only issue we have is using the shuttle to return back to the hotel after the cruise.  They do not have any specific plan in place.  You call for the shuttle, go to the waiting area but they give you know confirmation.  We have waited up to more than an hour as the people getting to the waiting area after you get in front and then get on the shuttle as you are still waiting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, Laurab23 said:

What about the best western  on o'donnal st? Is that safe?

I grew up not too far from that area; it has been many years since I have been there, but unless it has changed I would NOT recommend stay there

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, Laurab23 said:

What about the best western  on o'donnal st? Is that safe?

Laura

No Between the track stop across the street the drug dealing down the street and  the ladies of the night visiting the truck stop. But some has stayed there and got luck with no problems

Edited by Tony O
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony O said:

No Between the track stop across the street the drug dealing down the street and  the ladies of the night visiting the truck stop. But some has stayed there and got luck with no problems

Your ideas of where I should stay overnight and leave my car for 14 days? Coming from the north through PA. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Your ideas of where I should stay overnight and leave my car for 14 days? Coming from the north through PA. Thanks.

Laurab, I am not sure of which hotels offer park, sleep, and shuttle. Try the sites mentioned in the previous posts or this one Port of Baltimore Hotels | Hotels Near Port of Baltimore With Parking (parksleepfly.com) With that being said anything near BWI / Elkridge, Arundel Mills, or the Inner Harbor are all generally safe areas in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, dewb5359 said:

Laurab, I am not sure of which hotels offer park, sleep, and shuttle. Try the sites mentioned in the previous posts or this one Port of Baltimore Hotels | Hotels Near Port of Baltimore With Parking (parksleepfly.com) With that being said anything near BWI / Elkridge, Arundel Mills, or the Inner Harbor are all generally safe areas in my opinion. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Thank you.

You are Welcome, I am going through the same process for a 2022 cruise out of Manhattan. We are leaning towards taking the Amtrak out of BWI (includes using their parking garage) and spend the night in Manhattan close to the cruise terminal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 7:03 AM, shippmates said:

We have stayed many times at the BW on Dorsey Road.  It is a nice hotel and many cruisers stay there.  The only issue we have is using the shuttle to return back to the hotel after the cruise.  They do not have any specific plan in place.  You call for the shuttle, go to the waiting area but they give you know confirmation.  We have waited up to more than an hour as the people getting to the waiting area after you get in front and then get on the shuttle as you are still waiting.

I have reservations at this hotel for my next cruise in January.  I'm flying in to BWI and I understand they have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.   I'm traveling solo and have never cruised out of Baltimore.  Can you tell me the best way to get to the port the morning of my sailing?  Do you know if the Best Western has a port shuttle?  Thank you.

16 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

I have reservations at this hotel for my next cruise in January.  I'm flying in to BWI and I understand they have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.   I'm traveling solo and have never cruised out of Baltimore.  Can you tell me the best way to get to the port the morning of my sailing?  Do you know if the Best Western has a port shuttle?  Thank you.

Uber or Lyft is easiest.  Shuttles go on their schedule, Uber, Lyft and cabs go on yours!! 😄

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Best Western BWI on Dorsey/Arundel Mills is a good hotel.  We usually use them when we are flying out of BWI or cruising out of the port  They have a shuttle for both.  The hotel is nice, it is in a safe area and there is an adjacent restaurant.  Book through Trinity reservations, the rates are usually cheaper.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 1:41 PM, megr1125 said:

Uber or Lyft is easiest.  Shuttles go on their schedule, Uber, Lyft and cabs go on yours!! 😄

How much would Uber or Lyft be from the port back to the Best Western on Dorsey Rd? Thinking of taking shuttle there then getting Uber or Lyft back to hotel.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...