Emerald Changes Dates of Christmas Market Cruise WITHOUT Notifying Clients or Travel Agents

ReligBookFreak

I had a Christmas Markets cruise (15-days on the Emerald Destiny) from December 1-15, 2021. I periodically review the Emerald web page for the itinerary. Yesterday, I was shocked to see that the cruise departure and arrival dates were moved (earlier) by 3 days. It now leaves on November 28, 2021 and arrives in Amsterdam on December 12, 2021. Emerald NEVER notified myself or my travel agent. When my travel agent called them, she was told, "I don't see any notes about changes to the cruise. I'll have to contact the European Division."

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Alan

It has been happening quite consistently for the 2021 sailings (although not usually the lack of notification). Companies are consolidating passengers on fewer ships, and moving people by a few days to another sailing. There isn't the normal demand.

5 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Have you personally phoned or contacted Emerald? Or send an email to the CEO I bet he doesn’t know this has happened.

I tried calling them. Since I booked with a travel agent, Emerald refused to talk to me. Do you have an email address for the CEO?

Alan

31 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

Email the address on the website address to the CEO. Insist on an answer.

I already did that. They responded, "I have forwarded your email to your travel agent who can provide you with all the information on your reservation." My travel agent responded to them, "I haven’t received anything other than someone will call me. And no one has yet."

Alan

8 minutes ago, ReligBookFreak said:

I already did that. They responded, "I have forwarded your email to your travel agent who can provide you with all the information on your reservation." My travel agent responded to them, "I haven’t received anything other than someone will call me. And no one has yet."

Alan

This is just another day in a TA's world these days. I think my TA spends all of her time re-arranging clients and tracking down changes.

16 hours ago, ReligBookFreak said:

It now leaves on November 28, 2021 and arrives in Amsterdam on December 12, 2021.

Eww. That puts you in the airport on Thanksgiving weekend.

I think that is the part I'd be most upset about.

• Like 2