Australian Passports

Just received our new Passports.

We think we have got in before the rush.

Our local post office took our photographs last Monday 12th July  and sent all our paperwork

to the passport office. 

Today Wednesday 21st July we received our new passports arrived at the local post office.

Great service  from the post office and the passport office.

Not many applications I suppose, quick service. I hope you get to use it next year or the year after.

You notice My glass is half full? 

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not many applications I suppose, quick service. I hope you get to use it next year or the year after.

You notice My glass is half full? 

We are booked on the Coral Princess World Cruise2022, therefore we hope we get to use our new passports. My glass has been half full for the last year. We wait.

5 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

We are booked on the Coral Princess World Cruise2022, therefore we hope we get to use our new passports. My glass has been half full for the last year. We wait.

Good luck with it all, I have been perusing your roll call if that is ok. Coral is a great ship, been on her twice, Panama Canal and Alaska inside passage.

By the way that P&O Aus and Carnival Cruises (Aus) are emailing people who have bookings - regarding cruise itineraries next year; Jan to June ‘22 so far - it looks like the first cruises from Australia could very well be purely domestic. Both in regard to destinations and passengers, what do you think?

Will this switch by these two cruise lines sway our politicians / authorities to allow cruising to restart?
Without the need for passports 😉

14 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Princess cruisers, always optimistic.LOL

Only the premier cruise line..Princess has these..we don't need an alley cat to sell our product lol.

th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg VERSUS1180918589_th(8).jpg.aad39841862d180ea1407df16cb5c147.jpg

Edited by NSWP

52 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

By the way that P&O Aus and Carnival Cruises (Aus) are emailing people who have bookings - regarding cruise itineraries next year; Jan to June ‘22 so far - it looks like the first cruises from Australia could very well be purely domestic. Both in regard to destinations and passengers, what do you think?

Will this switch by these two cruise lines sway our politicians / authorities to allow cruising to restart?

I haven't received any emails, yet. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

I've been saying for several months that domestic cruises only, locals only (including Kiwis), fully vaccinated passengers and crew, is the logical eay to have a restart.

My guess is there is a lot of negotiating going on behind the scenes, and our regular cruise lines are showing their hands to try to convince the governments that it's feasible. However this current Delta outbreak may put the kybosh on a return to cruising from December onwards.

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've been saying for several months that domestic cruises only, locals only (including Kiwis), fully vaccinated passengers and crew, is the logical eay to have a restart.

My guess is there is a lot of negotiating going on behind the scenes, and our regular cruise lines are showing their hands to try to convince the governments that it's feasible. However this current Delta outbreak may put the kybosh on a return to cruising from December onwards.

Wonder of the seas is going to be delivered 3-4 months early.

I  hoping Royal may offer it to the front line medical as appreciation just like they did with spectrum.

Just to prove it’s safe and manageable to have domestic cruises.

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Cruise Weekly is reporting this about Princess.

"Princess Cruises has announced a number of itinerary changes for its Australian season in early 2022, with the cruise line admitting it’s likely ongoing travel restrictions will prevent it from visiting some destinations in the region.

For voyages that fall within 180 days of departure cancellation, fees will not apply, if the guest opts to cancel by 21 Aug".

Interesting, they are reporting cruises to NZ. I doubt that will be happening. Source

They have amended the March 2nd Island cruise from Melb on Sapphire to be Nth Qld.  As Sapphire has now left her anchorage off Singapore and is now bound for Cyprus via the Suez I don't believe she will come back this season.  Costs a lot of money and time to go through there.  I don't believe the New Zealand cruises will go ahead either.  Our governments are too risk averse.

Only poor P&O left for us now and she has nowhere else to go - yet.

20 hours ago, ekka49 said:

Just received our new Passports.

We think we have got in before the rush.

Our local post office took our photographs last Monday 12th July  and sent all our paperwork

to the passport office. 

Today Wednesday 21st July we received our new passports arrived at the local post office.

Great service  from the post office and the passport office.

So funny (the unlined part).

I applied for a new passport last month and was told it could take up to three weeks.

Like you I received mine in 8 days.

My husband said that I must have made their day at the passport office.

They must have jumped with joy when they received an application.😄

Ten years ago I was worried if I would get my new passport in time.

How times have changed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Cruise Weekly is reporting this about Princess.

"Princess Cruises has announced a number of itinerary changes for its Australian season in early 2022, with the cruise line admitting it’s likely ongoing travel restrictions will prevent it from visiting some destinations in the region.

For voyages that fall within 180 days of departure cancellation, fees will not apply, if the guest opts to cancel by 21 Aug".

Interesting, they are reporting cruises to NZ. I doubt that will be happening. Source

I wonder when they will make an announcement re Coral Princess World Cruise, May 2022? 

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It would be a bit hard to modify the itinerary for that one.

A triple circumnavigation of Australia?🤣

Ohh yes please with different Ports each lap.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Ohh yes please with different Ports each lap.

There aren't enough ports for that. 🤣

What they could do is one circumnavigation but spend more time at each port ie a couple of days for smaller ports and several days at bigger ports to allow people more time ashore. Then go really, really slowly between ports so there are plenty of sea days as well. 

I'd happily spend three months doing that. After the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise I've developed a real liking of long cruises with groups of port days interspersed with sets of 4-5 sea days in a row. It was blissful!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It would be a bit hard to modify the itinerary for that one.

A triple circumnavigation of Australia?🤣

At 5 knots to use up the 107 days, lol.   Coral would have to refuel and resupply at sea.😁

• Haha 1