Australian Passports

A location I visited on a Seabourn ship in 2018 was Beauty Point in Tasmania. It is a deep water port but I am not sure how big or deep the ships can be. It is an introduction to the Tamar valley food and wines. We did a wine & food tasting tour from there that was great.

https://www.tamarvalley.com.au

But even at the port we visited a sanctuary for echidnas and platypus that we would be able to get up close, even to the point of having the echidnas running around us...they were so cute.

https://www.discovertasmania.com.au/about/regions-of-tasmania/launceston-and-north/beauty-point

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

This is kinda the norm for threads here, we wander all over the place and along the way some fun stuff happens. 

Yeah, any ship will do but Princess by preference. 😋

Look out for the next voyage of our virtual cruise ship, the Ocean Pearl. She could be embarking fairly soon for an extensive cruise. 🤔😊

Maybe she should do an extended circumnavigation.

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Look out for the next voyage of our virtual cruise ship, the Ocean Pearl. She could be embarking fairly soon for an extensive cruise.

Around Australia - we can fill in the details for you as you get to each State 👏

23 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We didn't need passports when we did Sydney to Tasmania return, just photo ID. Do the British cruises include Ireland? If so that would be why passports are needed.

We did British Isles cruise on Royal Princess in 2018, yes Cobh..Cork Harbour,  was a stop. Also Belfast in Northern Island. We did the same cruise on Crown Princess in 2009.

Edited by NSWP

On 7/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

It would be a bit hard to modify the itinerary for that one.

A triple circumnavigation of Australia?🤣

Thanks for the laugh out loud!  So sad really, a bit like laughing in church where you know you shouldn’t laugh but can’t help it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
28 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

My Passport has been in the dark since Dec 2019..... ( it is in the safe )

One day it will see the light of day.... may be late 2022... we will wait..... with baited breath

Don with Coffee

Now that we are allowed on the red and white boat, you could take it with you as part of an “overseas” cruise

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Now that we are allowed on the red and white boat, you could take it with you as part of an “overseas” cruise

That red and white boat will have a new home at Corio Quay south next year. That will be our next o/s cruise will be taking the car with us so that we can spend a couple of weeks leisurely exploring the Apple isle hopefully a day time trip a sort of a pretend sea day!!!

Passports needed for Tassie ???   well some years ago   the BH needed her Passport to fly to King Island on Rex.... as that was was you only photo ID she had     LOL....

Had flown with King Island fly a few time....   no ID needed    very causal.... but really don't like little planes......

On the Red and White Boat ... starting to wonder if is will be at Corio before we get there

noting Masks  an now to be worn indoors in Tassie now

Don with second coffee

42 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Passports needed for Tassie ???   well some years ago   the BH needed her Passport to fly to King Island on Rex.... as that was was you only photo ID she had     LOL....

The way things are going we may need a passport for WA.🤞

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LC1950 said:

Personally I think we should get a rebate on our passports.  They have be unused these past 2 years. 

Or an extension. I have a club membership that has been extended an extra two years because of lack of use, would be nice if passports did the same thing 😝

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Or an extension. I have a club membership that has been extended an extra two years because of lack of use, would be nice if passports did the same thing 😝

SO many thing have been in limbo the last 2 years

Like   Car Rego and Insurance have only done a tiny amount of km's

all one's good clothes   have be in moth balls

Number of photos taken...

Dinners out

Wondering where I am waking up

Looking at the road Map

Seeing a cruise ship

Everything at home has been used a lot more  though....

Don with Coffee

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

SO many thing have been in limbo the last 2 years

Like   Car Rego and Insurance have only done a tiny amount of km's

all one's good clothes   have be in moth balls

Number of photos taken...

Dinners out

Wondering where I am waking up

Looking at the road Map

Seeing a cruise ship

Everything at home has been used a lot more  though....

Don with Coffee

When it comes to the car I actually did get use out of it this year 😂. Snuck in one decent road trip between lockdowns 😉. My mechanic was so surprised to see how many kms I had added to the odometer. Told me I was the first customer he had to pile on the kms in over a year☹️

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

When it comes to the car I actually did get use out of it this year 😂. Snuck in one decent road trip between lockdowns 😉. My mechanic was so surprised to see how many kms I had added to the odometer. Told me I was the first customer he had to pile on the kms in over a year☹️

I have had 10 road trips within NSW in the past 18 months, duration 4 days to 8 days. Done 14,000 km in the Nissan in the past year, going round in circles, lol.

779408825_th(2).jpg.dc0a385c7b53cc6d98046d1218bee286.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 8:16 AM, getting older slowly said:

Had flown with King Island fly a few time....   no ID needed    very causal.... but really don't like little planes......

On the Red and White Boat ... starting to wonder if is will be at Corio before we get there

noting Masks  an now to be worn indoors in Tassie now

Don with second coffee

I went past Corio Quay the other day to check what is happening. The have started work on the wharf and I expect things to ramp up early in the new year current expectations are that the SPOT will be operating out of Corio Quay by the end of 2022. A new state of the art terminal will be built with access roads to the terminal being up graded this project interests me and I intend keeping an eye on the progress of the works being done.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ozziepost said:

I went past Corio Quay the other day to check what is happening. The have started work on the wharf and I expect things to ramp up early in the new year current expectations are that the SPOT will be operating out of Corio Quay by the end of 2022. A new state of the art terminal will be built with access roads to the terminal being up graded this project interests me and I intend keeping an eye on the progress of the works being done.

Any chance you could post some photo's? Thanks.

On 12/28/2021 at 5:07 PM, LC1950 said:

Personally I think we should get a rebate on our passports.  They have be unused these past 2 years. 

My sister wrote to her local MP on this already - no luck so far as I understand it.

I actually got to use my passport recently, first time since Aug 2019 when we went to Fiji. New/changed banking requirements meant I had to attend a bank and present my credentials to remain a signatory on an account - my passport 😜.

Not sure when I will be using it again??? 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 8:20 AM, By The Bay said:

Any chance you could post some photo's? Thanks.

We are moving to Geelong! (spiritoftasmania.com.au) this link might interest you the only photo I have is when the red and white boat visited CQ north in Sept 2020 about the time the announcement was made. CQ south is to the right of the SPOT where the large red and white tender is berthed.

1165233382_SPOTvisittoCQNorthSept2020.thumb.JPG.23b9dec8c234d35e738c1df4d98e5155.JPG

Edited by ozziepost
Inserted photo