Anyone booking any of the new sailings today ?

Host Hattie

On 7/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, Stu UK said:

Try Cover For You or Cedartree 

Both these insurers are the same as all the others I have contacted.

No travel cover for the time you are on an international cruise whilst the foreign office advises against international cruising. 
Cruises come under their own umbrella and have nothing to do with the traffic light system in place for travel abroad. 
Hopefully this will be updated soon. Cruise lines seem to still being hit hard.  Aviation appears to be treated more fairly.  
Got to be safer on a cruise ship with vaccinated passengers from one country than in a hotel with people from other countries. 

7D153BB9-89B0-4CC4-8095-51F1677A6B53.jpeg

C5D26817-A7C8-43A0-8F97-90FE9A9DCAF5.jpeg

1 hour ago, seapals2 said:

Both these insurers are the same as all the others I have contacted.

No travel cover for the time you are on an international cruise whilst the foreign office advises against international cruising. 
Cruises come under their own umbrella and have nothing to do with the traffic light system in place for travel abroad. 
Hopefully this will be updated soon. Cruise lines seem to still being hit hard.  Aviation appears to be treated more fairly.  
Got to be safer on a cruise ship with vaccinated passengers from one country than in a hotel with people from other countries. 

7D153BB9-89B0-4CC4-8095-51F1677A6B53.jpeg

C5D26817-A7C8-43A0-8F97-90FE9A9DCAF5.jpeg

When you speak to them or email them they confirm their cover is driven by the country FCO advice and not the FCO cruise advise - that is the way their policies are written they say. They will provide endorsement letter also. All very fast moving so looks like website maybe out of date. 

16 hours ago, Stu UK said:

When you speak to them or email them they confirm their cover is driven by the country FCO advice and not the FCO cruise advise - that is the way their policies are written they say. They will provide endorsement letter also. All very fast moving so looks like website maybe out of date. 

Ok .. will make a phone call on Monday. 👍🏻

However I do think this is a bit of a loop hole.  As I can fly and stay in the Canaries no problem and my insurance will cover me. 
it’s the form of travel that’s the issue.  
In my opinion a safer way to travel and stay.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seapals2 said:

However I do think this is a bit of a loop hole.  As I can fly and stay in the Canaries no problem and my insurance will cover me. 
it’s the form of travel that’s the issue.  
In my opinion a safer way to travel and stay.  🤷‍♀️

Our closest cruises are on Celebrity from Greece. They give free Covid cover coupled with our EHIC cover. That gives a good start point. 

We have booked a Q5 for the January Caribbean roundtrip. Will it go ahead, who knows, but if it is possible, we’ll have the cabin we want. At the end of the day, it’s only used FCC that was sitting with Cunard, not any actual cash.

Something to aim for. Time to get in shape and bring out the evening dresses.

We are booked on that voyage which sold so fast, I understand not all the cabins have been released. 

Looking forward to being back onboard, we were on QV  Around South America when Covid 19 put the end to future trips for the moment. Two World Cruises 2 trips to Japan/Australia and Barcelona to Melbourne, cancelled, everything crossed this wil go ahead.

We too are seeing the next September 2022 14 day NE/CAN sailing booking like crazy.

What I see very little cabins are available. Lots of passengers really hit the road rebooking.

In previous conversations, many from 2020 headed for 2022 with concerns if 2021 sailings were going to take place.

It's a wait and wait see game if sailing will proceed or be cancelled. 

16 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Looks like FCDO advice has finally relaxed so travel insurance situation should be clearer. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel#history

The update we had been hoping for.🥳🥳.  
Will make a call later today to confirm but presumably normal travel cover is back in place with our insurers.  Great news.  Can start looking forward to our sailing.  Seems it was worth the gamble.  A great cruise .. and a great price!  

Not out of the woods regarding other countries entry requirements. Still mostly requiring PCR tests  and quarantine in a lot of cases. Cunard did not address my question of how they will handle these, merely telling me they will be at my expense apart from the initial boarding one.  Italy and some Caribbean islands insisting on 5 day quarantine so how this will work on some itineraries is a mystery.  UK is too obsessed with its requirements and most cruisers/holidaymakers booking are not looking into Government advice on their destinations' requirements.