AOV Summer 2021 Health and Safety Protocols

keokukjoe

This appeared on their website yesterday. I called my AOV agent because she told me that the crew and staff would be "double immunized and quarantined before the first voyage". She re-confirmed this info yesterday but it is not on this published protocol (she wasn't even aware of this addition to the website).  AOV took this down from their website when I checked this AM so perhaps they are editing the document. I hope so because I only made our final payment because of this assurance. All the other items are reassuring and I'm happy to see that AOV is taking these measures.

https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/health-and-safety-protocol/

SUMMER 2021

HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOL

The health and safety of our guests, as well as of our staff and crew, is our top priority.

We constantly monitor the latest health guidance from the U.S. and European CDC in order to stay current on our prevention and response measures. As we’ve seen lately, the requirements frequently change, and we will communicate the most up-to-date requirements as we get closer to each sailing.

To ensure that guests enjoy an unforgettable, luxurious vacation, Atlas Ocean Voyages has instituted the following health and safety measures:

• All onboard spaces are deep cleaned prior to guests’ embarkation and sanitized frequently during the day throughout the voyage.
  • Additional hand sanitizing dispensers have been placed throughout the ship for guests’ convenience.
  • The ship’s maximum occupancy is reduced to 75% or less.
  • Furniture in public spaces is adjusted accommodate for appropriate social distancing.
  • All staff and crew members are required to provide a valid, negative PCR test prior to embarking the ship, and wear masks onboard.
  • Guests will be required to present a valid, negative PCR test taken up to 72 hours prior to their embarkation.
  • World Navigator staff will administer a COVID-19 antigen test to guests at the embarkation terminal. Only tested guests with negative results will be allowed to proceed on board.
  • Throughout the voyage, our attentive housekeeping staff will frequently sanitize all surfaces daily.
  • Antigen tests will be conducted for all guests starting on the third day of voyage.
  • COVID-19 PCR tests will also be conducted onboard for disembarking guests.
  • We highly recommend that guests get vaccinated and we will ask guests to attest to their vaccination prior to boarding.
  • Depending on the regulations of the counties we visit, unvaccinated guests may be subject to additional testing and restricted from independent shoreside activities.

We take guests’ health and safety, and those of fellow staff and crew, most seriously.

We’re continuing to update our policies and procedures according to the latest guidance to ensure that guests enjoy safe and unforgettable luxe-adventure voyage.

5 hours ago, keokukjoe said:

This appeared on their website yesterday. I called my AOV agent because she told me that the crew and staff would be "double immunized and quarantined before the first voyage". She re-confirmed this info yesterday but it is not on this published protocol (she wasn't even aware of this addition to the website).  AOV took this down from their website when I checked this AM so perhaps they are editing the document. I hope so because I only made our final payment because of this assurance. All the other items are reassuring and I'm happy to see that AOV is taking these measures.

https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/health-and-safety-protocol/

SUMMER 2021

HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOL

The health and safety of our guests, as well as of our staff and crew, is our top priority.

We constantly monitor the latest health guidance from the U.S. and European CDC in order to stay current on our prevention and response measures. As we’ve seen lately, the requirements frequently change, and we will communicate the most up-to-date requirements as we get closer to each sailing.

To ensure that guests enjoy an unforgettable, luxurious vacation, Atlas Ocean Voyages has instituted the following health and safety measures:

• All onboard spaces are deep cleaned prior to guests’ embarkation and sanitized frequently during the day throughout the voyage.
  • Additional hand sanitizing dispensers have been placed throughout the ship for guests’ convenience.
  • The ship’s maximum occupancy is reduced to 75% or less.
  • Furniture in public spaces is adjusted accommodate for appropriate social distancing.
  • All staff and crew members are required to provide a valid, negative PCR test prior to embarking the ship, and wear masks onboard.
  • Guests will be required to present a valid, negative PCR test taken up to 72 hours prior to their embarkation.
  • World Navigator staff will administer a COVID-19 antigen test to guests at the embarkation terminal. Only tested guests with negative results will be allowed to proceed on board.
  • Throughout the voyage, our attentive housekeeping staff will frequently sanitize all surfaces daily.
  • Antigen tests will be conducted for all guests starting on the third day of voyage.
  • COVID-19 PCR tests will also be conducted onboard for disembarking guests.
  • We highly recommend that guests get vaccinated and we will ask guests to attest to their vaccination prior to boarding.
  • Depending on the regulations of the counties we visit, unvaccinated guests may be subject to additional testing and restricted from independent shoreside activities.

We take guests’ health and safety, and those of fellow staff and crew, most seriously.

We’re continuing to update our policies and procedures according to the latest guidance to ensure that guests enjoy safe and unforgettable luxe-adventure voyage.

So we are doing 2 nights pre-cruise in Cairo. I guess we are going to have to land and immediately find a place to get a Covid Test so we will have it on the 3rd day. And we are fully vaccinated. Fun. Wish this info had been on something coming from Atlas. We leave in 3 weeks and have nothing in writing from them but our itinerary which only says it’s our responsibility to make sure we have the appropriate tests for the itinerary. 

32 minutes ago, saddledowndani said:

So we are doing 2 nights pre-cruise in Cairo. I guess we are going to have to land and immediately find a place to get a Covid Test so we will have it on the 3rd day. And we are fully vaccinated. Fun. Wish this info had been on something coming from Atlas. We leave in 3 weeks and have nothing in writing from them but our itinerary which only says it’s our responsibility to make sure we have the appropriate tests for the itinerary. 

Ugh...

I have found them to not be responsive lately.

The Health and Safety Protocol document has been updated to reflect that staff/crew will be vaccinated. We were also told that passengers who signed up for a pre-cruise option, as we did, will be receiving a PCR test at the Atlas assigned hotel provided by the doctor sent from the ship. This is because the time validity of the PCR test we are using to enter Portugal will expire prior to boarding the ship. Originally, Atlas said  that the second PCR test wasn't necessary since we were in a "bubble". This is in addition to the antigen test administered at the boarding terminal. I wouldn't be surprised if this procedure will change again as the situation is so fluid. 

• All staff and crew members are vaccinated and wear masks on board. They are also required to provide a valid, negative PCR test result, taken within 72 hours prior to embarking the ship
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 3:32 PM, amunhbuu said:

Ugh...

I have found them to not be responsive lately.

Personally I have yet to find them responsive.  In my opinion, they have some organizational issues they will need to work on in order to effectively compete with the well run cruise lines in the higher end category that they seem to want to compete in.  Granted they are new and starting out in a very challenging and frankly bizarre time, but basic things like booking flights should not take up to 4 weeks, repeated phone calls and emails, only one date and flight option at a time....

Hoping their first couple cruises go well and the kinks in the system get working more smoothly.  They must be pulling their hair out by now given all the endless changes.      

• Like 1