Clicking on a topic title now takes me to first unread post instead of first post

I'm seeing a change in behavior while navigating the Cruise Critic forums that appears to have started in the past few days. When I am logged in and on the list of topics for a forum (such as within one of the cruise line forums), if I click on the title of one of the topics, I am now taken to the first unread post instead of the first post in that topic.

There used to be a distinction between clicking on the title of the topic (which took me to the first post in that topic) and clicking on the circle or star to the left of the title of the topic (which took me to the first unread post in the topic). That used to be one of the purposes of the circle or star, to differentiate between starting the topic from the beginning or picking up where I left off last time.

Is this an intentional change in the behavior of the Cruise Critic forums or is it perhaps an unintended side-effect of some other change?

Edited by bluemarble

• bluemarble changed the title to Clicking on a topic title now takes me to first unread post instead of first post
On 7/21/2021 at 1:08 PM, bluemarble said:

I'm seeing a change in behavior while navigating the Cruise Critic forums that appears to have started in the past few days. When I am logged in and on the list of topics for a forum (such as within one of the cruise line forums), if I click on the title of one of the topics, I am now taken to the first unread post instead of the first post in that topic.

There used to be a distinction between clicking on the title of the topic (which took me to the first post in that topic) and clicking on the circle or star to the left of the title of the topic (which took me to the first unread post in the topic). That used to be one of the purposes of the circle or star, to differentiate between starting the topic from the beginning or picking up where I left off last time.

Is this an intentional change in the behavior of the Cruise Critic forums or is it perhaps an unintended side-effect of some other change?

@bluemarble

To add to Jenn's info, have you checked your Content View Behavior setting located at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/settings/links/? You can choose what behavior happens each time you click a thread title.

When opening content...

• Take me to comments I haven't read
  • Take me to the beginning
  • Take me to the latest comment

Click the radio button for your choice then click Save.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1