Online check-in for Regent Cruises

This is precisely why I decided not to cruise until 2023.  Regent will have enough time to work out any operational kinks and, hopefully, COVID and its variants will be greatly reduced.....one can only hope.

I have no idea how I am going to last that long before sailing again.

I hope Regent does as nice a job as RCCL/Celebrity has done with their return to service protocols.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, darn88 said:

This is precisely why I decided not to cruise until 2023.  Regent will have enough time to work out any operational kinks and, hopefully, COVID and its variants will be greatly reduced.....one can only hope.

And here we were, thinking that waiting until July 2022 would be enough time!  You might be right.

• 3 months later...

Did the online checkin this morning for our Nov 15 cruise. It works pretty well (I used a selfie for the photo), except that it would take only one credit card for the two of us. I am cruising with a friend, and the credit card fields were grayed out for her. Not a big deal—we can sort it out onboard. Nevertheless, that’s kind of weird.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

Did the online checkin this morning for our Nov 15 cruise. It works pretty well (I used a selfie for the photo), except that it would take only one credit card for the two of us. I am cruising with a friend, and the credit card fields were grayed out for her. Not a big deal—we can sort it out onboard. Nevertheless, that’s kind of weird.

Hi wishIweretravelling - you can assign a different card to each guest in the suite. If you entered your details first, you just need to make sure your friend's name is not checked under the "use this payment for" section on your record. It sounds like you inadvertently assigned you card to her, so if you uncheck her name and save it, she should be able to go in under her record and add her card details.

5 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

Hi wishIweretravelling - you can assign a different card to each guest in the suite. If you entered your details first, you just need to make sure your friend's name is not checked under the "use this payment for" section on your record. It sounds like you inadvertently assigned you card to her, so if you uncheck her name and save it, she should be able to go in under her record and add her card details.

Mike - That was nice of you to "jump on here" and provide that personal assistance "touch and expertise" to the conversation in order to help us Regent Customers out.  Many Thanks!!  Best Regards.

39 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

I appreciate your response.

No, her name is NOT checked in my record. However, I had not realized when I first went in to complete the forms that it defaulted to her name and not mine (even though I was logged into my own account), so I mistakenly filled my information into her record first. However, when I realized the mistake, I went back and deleted the information. However, while I could delete the card number and my personal details, there was no way to delete the information in the drop-down boxes for things like expiration date of card. When she went to fill in the forms a bit later, she found the credit card area completely grayed out and now my information filled back in.  Again, it’s not a big deal and will be easy enough to remedy onboard. I’m just explaining what happened fyi.

While I have your ear, let me mention another glitch. Or really, just a misleading message. When you get to the Request Boarding Pass section, the message says that the boarding pass has been sent to the email address in the Guest Registration section, and if you want it sent to a different address fill in the blank below.  Well, neither of us filled that blank in, since our correct email addresses were in the Guest Registration section. The section then showed as “sent”,  but we hadn’t gotten our boarding passes several hours later. So I went back and filled in my email address.  And got the boarding pass a minute later.  

Edited by wishIweretravelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Moore said:

Thank you sir.

In case anyone is not aware, Mike is the VP for Ecommerce for NCLH (website design, etc).

GO BULLS!!!!!

15 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

I appreciate your response.

No, her name is NOT checked in my record. However, I had not realized when I first went in to complete the forms that it defaulted to her name and not mine (even though I was logged into my own account), so I mistakenly filled my information into her record first. However, when I realized the mistake, I went back and deleted the information. However, while I could delete the card number and my personal details, there was no way to delete the information in the drop-down boxes for things like expiration date of card. When she went to fill in the forms a bit later, she found the credit card area completely grayed out and now my information filled back in.  Again, it’s not a big deal and will be easy enough to remedy onboard. I’m just explaining what happened fyi.

While I have your ear, let me mention another glitch. Or really, just a misleading message. When you get to the Request Boarding Pass section, the message says that the boarding pass has been sent to the email address in the Guest Registration section, and if you want it sent to a different address fill in the blank below.  Well, neither of us filled that blank in, since our correct email addresses were in the Guest Registration section. The section then showed as “sent”,  but we hadn’t gotten our boarding passes several hours later. So I went back and filled in my email address.  And got the boarding pass a minute later.  

Thank you for the background. We'll do some digging to see if we can replicate the issue and account for that scenario.

@Pcardad - hopefully things will improve the rest of the season, but as a Bucs and Lightning fan, I certainly can't complain about the past couple of years! 😄

• Haha 1

Check in was easy…filing out all the travel forms for Greece, Italy and France…anything but!!!!! However, I think I have been successful…at least I hope so…but won’t know for sure until we are on the Splendor in early November. Wish me luck!

We also are on the Splendor in November.  The country forms are a nightmare to fill out.  My husband has done two of them and it took him several days.  It would be great if Regent at least gave us a template to know how to fill them out since we all will be in the same places.

1 hour ago, Ladys Mom said:

We also are on the Splendor in November.  The country forms are a nightmare to fill out.  My husband has done two of them and it took him several days.  It would be great if Regent at least gave us a template to know how to fill them out since we all will be in the same places.

This could easily be automated with some coding work...

Mike Moore - the esteemed gentleman in this thread - did the website. He could certainly pass your thoughts on to the right person. But I am willing to bet you wont tell him anything he doesn't already know and wants to fix but has a budget to work within...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

Hi Ladys Mom - we do send out a "how to" guide for those countries that have entry requirement forms, a few weeks in advance of sailing, assuming that we have your email address on file. That information can also be found at https://www.rssc.com/voyage-health as soon as it becomes available, and any updates are made if applicable. 

5 minutes ago, Turn 8A said:

I vote that Regent send me less marketing material and apply the savings to Mike's budget. 😀

I totally agree.  Mike, Regent has our emails on file.  My husband (who also is an IT guy) got the information from a link given to him by our travel agent.  By the way, could you please do something about entering the shore excursion choices.  When I entered my information for the 2022 World Cruise (for the second time mind you) I gave up and called Regent rather than trying to keep entering information online, only to have it deleted.  Thanks so much.  We all know you have a hard job.

1 hour ago, Ladys Mom said:

I totally agree.  Mike, Regent has our emails on file.  My husband (who also is an IT guy) got the information from a link given to him by our travel agent.  By the way, could you please do something about entering the shore excursion choices.  When I entered my information for the 2022 World Cruise (for the second time mind you) I gave up and called Regent rather than trying to keep entering information online, only to have it deleted.  Thanks so much.  We all know you have a hard job.

I'm glad that your travel agent forwarded the information along - we are now sending that same information directly to guests' moving forward. And changes to the shore excursion shopping experience will be coming next year as we strive to make our website experience as pleasant as our onboard experience!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I tried to fill out the Health Authorization for Panama (something that Regent can't do, as it asks for a lot of info they wouldn't have). There are drop-down boxes for nationality and country of residence. Interestingly, neither offers United States (or Estados Unidos) as an option. Its options do include all sorts of "places", my favorites being "Old and bearded" and "Eel."  There's no way to write in a country. 

Signed, 

Stumped but Tempted to Go With Old and Bearded

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

I tried to fill out the Health Authorization for Panama (something that Regent can't do, as it asks for a lot of info they wouldn't have). There are drop-down boxes for nationality and country of residence. Interestingly, neither offers United States (or Estados Unidos) as an option. Its options do include all sorts of "places", my favorites being "Old and bearded" and "Eel."  There's no way to write in a country. 

Signed, 

Stumped but Tempted to Go With Old and Bearded

Between my friend and I, we figured it out. The list is in English, but some of the countries are arranged in their Spanish-language order. So, United States (Estados Unidos) is tucked in between Spain (Espana) and Estonia, but is called USA. Old and Bearded is Antigua (good luck to Antiguans trying to figure that one out)  and Eel is Anguila.  

Wow!  That’s too funny. Literal translations don’t always work out for the best. Following that binning process, if we had to pick states I guess New Jersey would fall under C for Camisa Nueva. 
Z and TB

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

I'm glad that your travel agent forwarded the information along - we are now sending that same information directly to guests' moving forward. And changes to the shore excursion shopping experience will be coming next year as we strive to make our website experience as pleasant as our onboard experience!

Thank you so much for such as positive response.  Improving our online experience will just make our total Regent experience even better.

1 hour ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Wow!  That’s too funny. Literal translations don’t always work out for the best. Following that binning process, if we had to pick states I guess New Jersey would fall under C for Camisa Nueva. 
Z and TB

They clearly used Google Translate. Antigua and Barbuda translate to old and bearded, respectively. Eel is indeed Anguilla in Spanish. And there was another country called The Savior. El Salvador.  

Edited by wishIweretravelling

Has anyone received the final cruise vacation summary for the November Splendor TA cruise departing Athens?  Regent says it is required for the French COVID pass and that it was emailed 21 days prior to cruise departure.  I received the preliminary, but not the final summary.

9 hours ago, NORTOM said:

Has anyone received the final cruise vacation summary for the November Splendor TA cruise departing Athens?  Regent says it is required for the French COVID pass and that it was emailed 21 days prior to cruise departure.  I received the preliminary, but not the final summary.

We received our final on 10/21 from our travel agent.  I would check with your agent or Regent to send you one.  We still have not received our hard copy documents yet.