Kinky Boots Still on Encore?

For those who have upcoming cruises on Encore, are you seeing Kinky Boots as an option?

My cruise isn’t til January, so I know it’s too early to book, but I’m not seeing Kinky Boots listed, and just wondering what folks booked on cruises within the 120 day window are seeing.

Also, are you able to book shows in advance? I notice some things say “too early to book,” while others, like Choir of Man, say “Book on board.” I am a planner, so really hope I’ll be able to book shows in advance as usual. 

ECF9B55C-84FD-42F6-8298-67EFE3D024BB.jpeg

Yes, it’s on the Sept 11th Alaska sailing, but we received an email that we could no longer reserve the shows in advance and that reservations would be cancelled (mine oddly enough still show on my vacation though).  That probably won’t be the case for your sailing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TardisDance said:

Yes, it’s on the Sept 11th Alaska sailing, but we received an email that we could no longer reserve the shows in advance and that reservations would be cancelled (mine oddly enough still show on my vacation though).  That probably won’t be the case for your sailing.

Thank you! Can you tell me which nights Choir of Man and Kinky Boots are on? Not sure if it will be the same nights when they go down to the Caribbean, but I’m curious. And desperate for a cruise to look forward to. 

Enjoy Alaska! 

We are on the Encore Thanksgiving week. Yes Kinky Boots is the show. We have a group with some Club suites and some balcony cabins. Right now the suites can only book specialty dining. The balcony’s can book on Saturday. Still shows too early to book the shows. You just have to keep checking. By the way, Choir of Man is wonderful and a really fun night.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Thank you! Can you tell me which nights Choir of Man and Kinky Boots are on? Not sure if it will be the same nights when they go down to the Caribbean, but I’m curious. And desperate for a cruise to look forward to. 

Enjoy Alaska! 

Before they shut down reservations, Choir was on Day 2 and Day 7 at 7:30 and 10:00.

Now,,, that makes absolutely no sense if they are running two shows (normally the install the set and run the shows either on consecutive nights or with one night gap, at most, then tear down the set. They wouldn't alternate shows (way too much effort to setup and tear down sets - the fabulous 2-story bar set for Choir - largest in the fleet). 

• Like 1

The only available Entertainment listings on my 08/21/2021 Alaska Sailing:

1. Choir of Man

2. Social Comedy and Night Club

3. Cavern Club

Kinky Boots and Happy Hour Prohibition are no longer showing. 

Kinky Boots is no longer showing on 16th October but Choir of Man (not bookable) is now showing on every single day instead of just twice (as it was before).

I wonder if they plan to have just the one show, repeated every night with lower audience numbers? It certainly looks that way on the planner.

Edited by ziggyuk

I’m booked on Encore December 12th. Up until a few days ago both Kinky Boots and Prohibition showed and were labeled “too early to book”. Now they have both been removed. Not too worried, yet….  Was really looking forward to seeing NCL‘s version of Kinky Boots having previously seen it on Broadway and on tour as well as watching the filmed West End version on Broadway HD. Such a fun show!

Someone on the Facebook roll call for my 08/21/2021 Encore sailing said they called NCL and was informed that the Entertainment will stay the same and Kinky Boots would be available but just not available for pre-booking. 

**This is 2nd hand information**

I hope this is correct . . . but can you really trust NCL at this point?

• Like 1

I am booked on Encore 9/11 sailing.  I also received the email saying all previously booked entertainment has been canceled yet my vacation summary still has both shows booked (Kinky boots day 2 and Choir of men day 6).

I do hope they remain as I was really looking forward to seeing them both.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 7:29 AM, jcu1210 said:

On our Aug 7 ours shows the same.  I guess we will find out in 2 weeks

Please let us know what you find out. I’ve seen the touring production of Kinky Boots and loved it, but my kids were too young at the time. They are old enough for it to be age-appropriate now. 

• 2 weeks later...