Brisbane Olympics 2032

Anyone else really glad that Brisbane has clinched the 2032 Olympic Games? It gives me an excuse to go on a lengthy cruise while it is on (if I'm still around šŸ˜).

Ā 

I notice that the Olympic Village is intended to go in next to the old Cruise Terminal at Hamilton. They could bring all the athletes over on cruise ships and quarantine them on the way over. We'll probably still be in lockdown anyway.

Ā 

It's a pity that almost all the ships that could dock there have been sold off. I think Pacific Explorer might be the last one left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Anyone else really glad that Brisbane has clinched the 2032 Olympic Games? It gives me an excuse to go on a lengthy cruise while it is on (if I'm still around šŸ˜).

Ā 

I notice that the Olympic Village is intended to go in next to the old Cruise Terminal at Hamilton. They could bring all the athletes over on cruise ships and quarantine them on the way over. We'll probably still be in lockdown anyway.

Ā 

It's a pity that almost all the ships that could dock there have been sold off. I think Pacific Explorer might be the last one left.

I workedšŸ‘®ā€ā™‚ļø on the Sydney Olympics in 2000, I can tell you now, both residents and businesses have to put up with some restrictions and inconvenience, I was mainly involved with the road events, torch relay motorcades, marathon, triathlon, road cyclingĀ etc.Ā Ā 

Ā 

The last Commonwealth Games in Brisvegas and SE Qld were miniscule compared to the big sporting carnival of 2032.Ā  In the last Commonwealth Games, my sister living in Currumbin was locked into her house for a day or two with the events coming along her street at Currumbin Beach.

Ā 

Viva Brisvegas !!

Great for attracting money into Brisbane for infrastructure and jobs. Will help with Covid recovery.

Ā 

Over the next decade we now have at least the followingĀ projects around the city core:

- Queens Wharf including the heritage precinct, the Neville Bonner bridge, a public Sky Deck, the Integrated Resort and the newĀ Dorsett, Rosewood and Ritz-Carlton hotelsĀ + two other international brand hotels

- Brisbane Live concert venue (Boondall replacement at Roma Street)

- Cross River Rail

- Brisbane Metro

- Victoria Park developmentĀ 

- Kangaroo Point Bridge

- Gabba rebuild

- Olympics!!

Edited by newbris
  • Like 1

Wouldn't live anywhere else.Ā  What an exciting time ahead for us living in South East Queensland and the whole of Australia as it will roll on boosting tourism everywhere.

The fire works and the bridge light up in green and gold was spectacular at the announcement of Brisbane winning the Olympics bid.Ā Ā 

Woohoooooooo

Ā 

The impact of the Olympics is dependent on where you live and work relative to the event locations.

Ā 

I am sure it will work out ok for most.

Ā 

Qld will get some big Federal Govt hand outs for infrastructure, they would have to, big ticket projects.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Qld will get some big Federal Govt hand outs for infrastructure, they would have to, big ticket projects.

Scotty said yesterday that 2032 Olympics costĀ is a 50/50 splitĀ between the Feds and Qld Govt. Which is great news, seeing that our State is broke.

Ā 

Iā€™m on that cruise that Sinbad mentioned at the same time as the Olympics in 2032 šŸ„ŗ

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Porky55

4 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Scotty said yesterday that 2032 Olympics costĀ is a 50/50 splitĀ between the Feds and Qld Govt. Which is great news, seeing that our State is broke.

Ā 

Iā€™m on that cruise that Sinbad mentioned at the same time as the Olympics in 2032 šŸ„ŗ

Ā 

Ā 

qm2, qv and qe will be part of theĀ Ā P and o straya fleet by then, formal wear t shirts, shorts and thongs lol.

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2021 at 1:05 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

Ā 

Ā 

I think IĀ will have to book a world cruise for the Australian winter of 2032.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2