H-----How

O-----OUR

W-----WEIGHT

S-----SLIPS AWAY

L-----LIKE 

O-----OURSELVES

S-----SLIMMER

S-----SMILES😊🌝😎

Good morning Belle. Again nice to read your motivational start to the week.  

Has been Quite a week for me.  Yesterday was online paying bills -  and noticed my savings acct wasn’t showing up.  Got my Irish boiling —drove to bank.  The savings acct had gone dormant status because of lack of activity.  Recommendation that I periodically transfer money into the acct. I transferred a dollar and the acct should show back up on my mobile app.

I’m down 3.2 lbs  sounds like a lot but had weighed the same 3 weeks in a row.   Thanks to everyone on this site I am able to stay  focused on my over all goal.

Good morning all....Wow Izena...you just keep amazing me.  I am down 1/2 pound...again.  But I will take it.  I have 2 more months before cruising starts for me.  That is if they get to continue.  I just wish people would just get vaccinated!  I understand the right to refuse..I just don't understand the reasoning of it.   Oh well...I really don't need to go there.  Today has only a 40% chance of rain.  That is the most promising of not getting rain in the last long while.  Have a good day everyone and Thank You Belle for starting us out.....Susan

Good Morning all --- Nice losses Izena and Susan!!!  I stayed the same this week (I've stayed the same for the last 5 weeks - somehow I think that means I'm not giving it much!!!

I had a doctor's appointment this week (I'm diabetic (on Trulicity not insulin) - I seem to have lots of visits) - My kidneys seem to be a bit of a problem so have to have an ultrasound of my kidney's etc.  I've always had a problem that if I'm not active they don't always work the way they should.  I'm hoping that this gets me off my behind and motivates me.  I am going to try to take the dog for a walk today (instead of being on the computer all day).  I do meet with my trainer twice a week ... don't know if I want to do 3 days a week.  Think the world of her, but don't want to spend the extra money!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Jan

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice start to the thread, thanks.

Izena & Alabaster Cruiser ~ WTG losing weight!

Jan ~ staying the same is good too. Do what you have to to keep healthy, especially with kidneys, you wouldn't want to need dialysis.

I'm happy that I'm down 1.6 lbs,  now at the lowest weight I've been all year.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~😊

Good morning Belle. Again nice to read your motivational start to the week.  

Has been Quite a week for me.  Yesterday was online paying bills -  and noticed my savings acct wasn’t showing up.  Got my Irish boiling —drove to bank.  The savings acct had gone dormant status because of lack of activity.  Recommendation that I periodically transfer money into the acct. I transferred a dollar and the acct should show back up on my mobile app.

I’m down 3.2 lbs  sounds like a lot but had weighed the same 3 weeks in a row.   Thanks to everyone on this site I am able to stay  focused on my over all goal.

Good Afternoon to whoever comes in.

Izena---Great loss! See you keep at it after staying the same--It comes off.

Glad you got the bank  item fixed.

Susan---Glad you had a loss. Your cruise will be here soon. I understand you

not understanding why people won't get the vaccine.

Jan---Sorry your having problems with your kidneys,  Hope your ultrasound is alright.

Do what you need to get better. Glad you didn't have a gain this week.

Jo---Good job on losing and being at lowest weight this year. Are you at Goal

or almost?

Me--Stayed the same. Kids came Thursday. Nothing much else going on. Having

warm weather. Such exciting life I lead. Trying to eat healthy or if not,

small portions.

Hope to see the others come in this weekend.  Also wish everyone is having

a nice weekend.

Edited by Belle

HI all!

Izena ~ I hate when banks charge for things!! Heck it's our money & at least here, they're not paying us any interest!!  Nice loss, you're doing great!!

Belle ~ no, I'm nowhere near goal unfortunately but am happy to be going in the right direction this week. I weighed myself Friday as I was lighter on calories Thursday & was down another few ounces....

then I went shopping!!! I bought some guac chips but will probably throw them out as they're not worth the calories. Right now I'm waiting for a rhubarb cake to bake but hope to give half to my neighbour & freeze some.

I picked up the Christmas in July turkey dinner yesterday & was delighted to see a chocolate cupcake, that & the coleslaw were the best parts of it. WHen the Church has it usually it's a pot luck with so many side, choices of desserts etc but this was just a little turkey, a lot of stuffing, veg & maybe a bit of potatoes with gravy. I'm hoping for better on the one I'm getting Thursday.

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Good Morning All--Hope your Monday is starting your week off right

after your weekend. That eating healthy this week comes easy to you.

Jo I thought you were but you don't have much to lose. Your picture you look great!

Your Christmas dinner in July sounds nice. A little treat is always nice.

I hope people keep talking in here or this thread  will just fade away.

Be sad after all these years.

Rose, Ombud, Mel, Opti and Katie-- where are you? Plus all the others that were coming in?

Take care

Edited by Belle
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone. Hope everyone is having a good week (it's only Monday as I type this lol).

I was down two pounds this week for my Saturday weigh which was nice to see. Still another 17.4 to reach my goal. I think I finally admitted to myself that losing that 17.4 pounds might be obtainable but my imagined result of being "gut free" probably would require a lot more weight loss. It has been nice seeing my stomach shrink some the past few months but I don't think I was really being honest with myself about how much weight I'd have to lose to have a flat stomach. 

With that all said, if I lose another 17.4 pounds I'm confident that I won't be confused with any sea life that has become beached on the shore during our next vacation. That next (cruise) vacation is also nearly six months away now instead of three so I've got more time to get rid of this flat tire looking thing around my midsection lol.

Spent a lot of time in the gym this past week doing more cycling and weight training. Biked 49.24 miles which is a lot more than my norm. Already biked twenty plus miles over the weekend so I'm hoping to break the fifty mile barrier this week.

Keep up the hard work everyone, if it was easy we'd all look like supermodels!

Afternoon everyone.  Saw plastic surgeon today. Plan remove weak implant replace with smaller saline.  I decided to have the tummy tuck now (ugly belly wrinkles) since already having surgery - the money I saved from not cruising the past 2 years will cover the cost.  Friends from dog park will take care of transportation,  spend the first night since it’s an afternoon surgery.  keep Jazzper for 2-3 days.

I’m so blessed

won’t weigh in during august.  It will take a month for swelling to resolve.   (reporting any wt loss  post op feels to me like cheating)

should get me to goal - so will be focusing on maintainence. 

i agree Bella —I wish others would check in just to say hi.   All the friends made the last year please just check in and say hi.  You can start a new journey  no need for explanations.  

• Like 1

Afternoon All

Opti--Great loss! Your really working hard at eating right and exercising.

Yes why does the stomach seem to take the longest to get smaller when

we want that the 1st to go. Yours will with all your exercise. 50 miles

on a bike.  The way your going bet you'll make your goal by your cruise.

Wishing you a good week.

Izena--Happy for you that your getting your implant fixed and a tummy tuck

at the same time. Know that's what you wanted. When do you have it done?

Sounds like soon.  Please come in even if not weighing but you can, don't feel/

think it's cheating. It's your day to day life. We want to know how your feeling and

that everything went fine. Glad you have someone to watch Jazzper.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Hello Ombud.

Are you taking a Alaska cruise on Princess? I think that was it.

What date? Your following the one that left Sunday? Know you'll

have fun even with some of the changes. Don't stay away now

or when you come back. Need you here.

It seems that lately cruise critic hasn't really been about cruising (which is very understandable) ... but, I miss talking about cruising.  

I have been trying to take the dog (Molly) for a walk each day and then going to the trainer two days per week.  It is a little bit more on walking ... I should be better ... but, small steps are good too.

Love reading all the posts ...  Keeps me going - Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

Belle, I cruise in 3 weeks and yes, following the July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska thread. I'm getting a little confused there because a lot of people who aren't on the voyage are answering questions.  So it's not really helpful, other than the menus. It will be hard to stay on track when I'm presented with all those food options

Jan, I agree. Other than here and on the animals thread people are short / curt. I think its because we've been confined so long and worried about Delta. 

Izena, Alabaster, Jo 👍on losses

I'm up. To be expected.  And just another 1/2". So that's up 1" total. Just have to stop the daily bagel & cream cheese. 

Edited by Ombud

Jan now cruising is starting we can follow different cruises and talk more about cruising and

count the months, days till we go. I miss it so much.

Your doing good on walking each day and going to the gym.

Ombud I'm following the Majestic to even if not going to Alaska this year.

Between last year and this was going 4 times. Now not till next year.

Am following to see how Princess is doing things now which I know some things could

change later too. Food menus are a little different.

Yes maybe cut out the bagels for the 3 weeks and see how it goes. Can have them

on the ship. Enjoy food on ship, you'll be walking a lot and start back when home.

Ombud think your the 1st one of us to cruise this year--Lucky. Are you going to

get the wfi since it's not free anymore? If so maybe you can come here a couple

of the days and tell us how things are.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday from me.😎 

(wearing glasses because sitting out on the Lido deck with drink in hand)🌞

(wishful thinking)😄

• Like 1

🛳🛳🛳 balcony enjoying  the imaginary sun rise and sun sets.  I’ll people watch later.  On my ship(imaginary) every one is vaccinated , we don’t have to wear masks and the buffets are endless . Going to scuba dive then zipline.   We can eat all we want and not gain any weight.  

in this perfect world I can cruise all I want and Jazzper  has his own personal  attendant who takes him for long walks, let’s him sleep on the bed  and arranges for squirrels and cats to chase.

nice to hear from ombud, Jan, Belle, jo

• Like 1

Yes, I've already bought the wifi. Its only $5 a day so I figured it was a good deal. I don't buy the upgraded fare ($40 pd) as I don't drink enough to make it worthwhile. (Tips 14.50 + wifi 5 = 19.50. I get 30 free lattes and that's my weakness. 1 wine bottle lasts me a week & that's nc)

Izena: everyone has to be fully vaccinated 14 days before embarkation but some still wear masks. No scuba diving as it's Alaska. Will zipline through the ship. 

I am more worried about the flight and Seattle then the cruise. I'm leaving an area thats 80.9% fully vaxed / 5.2% partially vaxed for an unknown then a 100% vaxed ship and ship shore excursions (my choice).

I hope to hold the line on weight gain. In some ways it's easier as my problem is portion control. 

Ok:: back to lurking. 

I just looked up Seattle.  They're only 57.3% vaxed. No wonder I'm nervous

Down 1/2" .... 1/2" to go. Initial loss is always the greatest. But I've got 3 weeks and the dress still zips

Afternoon All

Ombud getting excited for you. Congrats in getting 1/2 inch off! 

When I finally go cruising will I get the internet? Not the money--just hate that

they took it away. What does it cost them? I have so many cruise booked together.

( but will probably buy it.) Also took money away for cruises sailed.

Yes glad can get coffee card for the bar if you want. I like Princess and will keep

sailing with them. Now to see what other changes they make.

Can't wait to hear what you say about your cruise. The ship is different I know was made for

the Japan market but have made some changes. So just sailing that ship will be different

then sailing another Princess ship. Know you'll enjoy. Glad Alaska will get some business

again. Heard Skagway is really hurting. Other ports doing a little better but still not good.

What is the date your leaving? Since you'll have internet hope you post here when your on 

board when you have the time.

Ombud and Izena hope you both are having a good day.

Edited by Belle

Belle, I leave on the 13th and just found out that my PVP was given a free cruise!! Excited to finally meet her -- still hoping it isn't canceled 

Izena, yes I'm checking that dress. Tried on a pencil skirt & that will be my next bench mark

Jan, bet Molly is loving her walks 

• Like 1