FOREIGN OFFICE ADVICE ON INTERNATIONAL CRUISING

seapals2

There has been no change since the general easing of restrictions on the gov.uk web site with regards to international cruise travel. 
Cruises are still being advertised and full payments taken.  This like taking a gamble or playing Russian roulette right now.  
It has taken so much of the enjoyment away from booking a holiday.  Placing our cash into the Cruise lines banks.  Presumably all cruises leaving the UK will have to cancel once summer seacations end.  No one can be insured for travel against foreign office advice … they changed it just for domestic cruises.  Where does this leave us … up the creek without a paddle!   🥴

Our next cruise, deposit paid, is not till June when I'm assuming things will look a lot better than currently.  This is a Southampton to Southampton with Oceania, visiting ports in France & Spain.

I think the major question not yet answered for cruising is how to deal with what may be differing entry requirements for the various countries visited.

• Like 1

Really ,what we really need is to be aligned with the US system of being able to

cancel cruises without losing deposits.  I have been unable to get a convincing

reason why we are not.  I get several emails a day selling cruises, imo shouldnt be

allowed until gov say we can go on one.  -Yes I know I can stop them.;)

• Like 3

It’s all change now!

Freedom of the seas again, but I don’t mean you have to cruise with RCI.

Insurance will be valid now, but we are waiting till next year to sail. Hoping there may be less testing required by then.

Happy holidays, everyone 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

It’s all change now!

Freedom of the seas again, but I don’t mean you have to cruise with RCI.

Insurance will be valid now, but we are waiting till next year to sail. Hoping there may be less testing required by then.

Happy holidays, everyone 

I'm really hopeful now. I booked a Greek Islands cruise for 29 August on the basis that Greece was amber, not realising that there was separate advice for international cruises. 

I was contemplating whether NCL's assurances that they would look after us should we be unfortunate enough to catch covid, were good enough to chance going without travel insurance.

Won't have to worry now with a bit of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone answer a question on FCDO Policy regarding shore tours. We are booked with Fred Olsen to Spain and Balearics  in September, since booking in early May they have added a notice that the only way you can go ashore is on one of their organised tours and quoting government guidelines! I cannot find any such guidelines confirming this. This note was added after we booked and main reason for going  was to visit family in Barcelona whom we have not seen for 2 years, This now seems highly unlikely but guess we have no chance of getting a refund.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:21 AM, Andy1832 said:

Can anyone answer a question on FCDO Policy regarding shore tours. We are booked with Fred Olsen to Spain and Balearics  in September, since booking in early May they have added a notice that the only way you can go ashore is on one of their organised tours and quoting government guidelines! I cannot find any such guidelines confirming this.

Maybe this is because of Spanish government guidelines rather than FCDO 🤔