Reegatta - Nautica Large OV Cabins

Empehi

3 hours ago, Empehi said:

Are the C2 OV cabins on deck 6 & 7 (6004 & 5, 7004 & 5) preferable to the cabins on deck 4?

They seem to sell out first.

e

I haven't been in the deck 4 forward OV's, however both the deck 6 and 7 staterooms you reference are very spacious.  The additional depth to the cabins is gained by the lack of verandas which the adjacent concierge cabins have.  These C2's are worth fighting for if you prefer ocean views to verandas.

We prefer the midship deck 4 OV cabins since they are much more stable during rough seas. The 6th and 7th floor cabins are a bit more spacious, but more sensitive to motion in the ocean, with a friend of ours being rocked out of bed when we were crossing the North Atlantic.

We have been in these cabins on the Nautica, as well as on the Azamara Journey, another R ship.   We like the extra space, especially when we are sailing an itinerary that is either port intensive, or where the weather won't be that conducive to having a balcony (our Nautica cruise was British Isles and Ireland).  We have been able to deal with the movement of the ship.  However, do be aware that you will hear anchor noise if you are tendering.   Our recent Azamara Journey cruise was in the Baltics, so the itinerary, which included 3 days docked in St. Petersburg, made it a good choice to have this cabin. 

All that being said, for our booked Asian cruise on Nautica, we've decided to take a verandah for some fresh air and private space on sea days,  and we did the same on our booked Azamara Med cruise because on this one the added benefits made the verandah a much better deal.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, grmmybtty said:

We prefer the midship deck 4 OV cabins since they are much more stable during rough seas. The 6th and 7th floor cabins are a bit more spacious, but more sensitive to motion in the ocean, with a friend of ours being rocked out of bed when we were crossing the North Atlantic.

I completely agree!  We had the opportunity to book one of those cabins but took deck 4 instead.  Our particular cruise ended up having some pretty terrible weather the last couple of days and I wandered up to the hallway outside those cabins and the motion, as expected, was noticeably more!  

We also book interior cabins and have avoided the 2 very forward interiors on deck 6 and 7 for the very same reason!  

• 2 months later...

I just booked a category D OV stateroom 3025 on Nautica. The 22-day itinerary departs 5 May 2022 from Rome to Istanbul. I’m very interested in the overnights scheduled in Venice/(Trieste?) and Istanbul.

I’ll be traveling solo if in this cabin. If my SIL joins me, we’ll get a larger cabin (Concierge level is still showing availability). If both my SIL & BIL come on this cruise, I’ll stay by myself in the smaller cabin.

Any thoughts as to this cabin? I’m not concerned about a small bathroom, I’m just back from a Danube River cruise on Uniworld, and I can’t imagine any bathroom being smaller. It’s not a problem traveling solo.

I think my only concern is that since my next Riviera cruise will be in Penthouse category, I might get spoiled and have to upgrade to PH on all future cruises!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I just booked a category D OV stateroom 3025 on Nautica. The 22-day itinerary departs 5 May 2022 from Rome to Istanbul. I’m very interested in the overnights scheduled in Venice/(Trieste?) and Istanbul.

I’ll be traveling solo if in this cabin. If my SIL joins me, we’ll get a larger cabin (Concierge level is still showing availability). If both my SIL & BIL come on this cruise, I’ll stay by myself in the smaller cabin.

The cabins are the same size  the only difference is  A cabins have a balcony   & extra amenities

30 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

"... I think my only concern is that since my next Riviera cruise will be in Penthouse category, I might get spoiled and have to upgrade to PH on all future cruises!"

Oh,yeah ... PH's will be your future category of choice. 😁 Nothing at all wrong with your deck 3 OV - most stable part of the ship and you'll still have the same access to all of the great public spaces and the same wonderful food!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bigmjh said:

you'll still have the same access to all of the great public spaces and the same wonderful food!

And also access to the wonderful pax who favor Oceania! I enjoy this O forum more than the Celebrity or even the Regent forums. We O-cruisers are just the right mix of spunk and courtesy. 🤗

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Hi ORV, I didn’t notice your post earlier. My cabin 3025 is kinda midship, but more aft than forward. What do you think?

I think you’ll hear engine noise and feel some vibration. But you get used to it. I’d bring ear plugs for sleeping. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 2:54 PM, PhD-iva said:

And also access to the wonderful pax who favor Oceania! I enjoy this O forum more than the Celebrity or even the Regent forums. We O-cruisers are just the right mix of spunk and courtesy. 🤗

I agree 1000% with all three statements.  Probably the friendliest, most unpretentious  group of fellow passengers I've ever sailed with, regardless of whether staying in an inside, Oceanview, balcony or suite!  We've met some great folks on board with whom we still stay in contact with and have also done multiple cruises with.

Donna

18 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Hi ORV, I didn’t notice your post earlier. My cabin 3025 is kinda midship, but more aft than forward. What do you think?

14 hours ago, ORV said:

I think you’ll hear engine noise and feel some vibration. But you get used to it. I’d bring ear plugs for sleeping. 

I have been on Deck 3 before, cabin 3019, and I remember it being super quiet.  I don't recall any engine noise or vibration.  Because those cabins can only be accessed from one direction, there is no through-traffic of people walking down the hall. The only people down there are the people in those cabins.  

• Thanks 1

Those forward ov cabins on deck 6 and 7 are larger than other ov cabins.  They sell out fast because they are very desirable.  Choose deck 7 over deck 6. It is quieter.  Avoid midship ov cabins on deck 6. They are tiny and have no view.  Deck 4 or 3/ov are ok.  Deck 4 have large window. Deck 3 cabins are same size with port holes. 

7 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Those forward ov cabins on deck 6 and 7 are larger than other ov cabins.  They sell out fast because they are very desirable.  Choose deck 7 over deck 6. It is quieter.  Avoid midship ov cabins on deck 6. They are tiny and have no view.  Deck 4 or 3/ov are ok.  Deck 4 have large window. Deck 3 cabins are same size with port holes. 

Thx! V helpful. My cabin has been allocated (3025). ORV suggested there could be engine noise and vibration. I am #1 on the waitlist for a C1 cabin, but I won’t get to choose which one…..