Where to get coffee early?

MarkWiltonM

I am not  an early riser  but I think they still have the self serve machines  in the Terrace & Horizons  as well as the Concierge/executive lounges

Barristas usually open about 6:30 am

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Horizons on Nautica has (had?) a self-serve machine.  I and a few others (mostly men) often were up there from about 4:00 am watching the sunrise as we went into the next port.  Pastries would show up later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We found the coffee in the self serve machines was actually pretty good. Have never been a fan of the brewed stuff they serve in the restaurants or room service. We've given them that feedback multiple times. We have also had luck ordering espresso in room service. Just gotta learn the tricks!!

Horizons and the Terraces have the machines 24/7.

• Thanks 1

I am an early riser and have gotten up really early but at different early times on board Marina and Nautica (Riviera should be like Marina).  As said, you can usually find a working machine (and sometimes company!) in Horizons and Terrace with coffee that will do before 6:30 am when the barista starts serving to enjoy while looking at the horizon or sail in.  There are usually pastries by 6 or 6:30 to keep you going until breakfast.  If you are in a concierge cabin, you can get machine coffee there but the room is only good for reading a paper- no  view.  Very early fortified with coffee is a  pleasant time to explore the ship and enjoy a view of something in peace and quiet.

• Thanks 1

We will all have to do some searching and hopefully getting some feedback from people on Marina when she sails in about a month because with the health and safety protocols, we can expect the elimination of all self service beverages/coffee and pastries so whenever they start serving, probably 6-6:30 is when it will be available.  
My personal favorite and recommendation would be get your coffee in Baristas. Absolutely the best coffee on board any of the O ships.  

Ciao,

My early morning routine on Marina in the old days was to get up about 6ish, nip up to Horizons grab a coffee and a couple of pastries (just for quality control), enjoy the view for a while then by 6:30 Baristas would be open, and it would be rude not to. Then I would go wake up hubby and take him to his first and technically my second breakfast. 

In our new normal I can imagine there will be an attendant at the coffee machine dolling out the coffees and the pastries in Horizons.  

Either way it will still be a very pleasant way to start the day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Can anyone tell me the time and location for the earliest available coffee on the Riviera? (Not including room service.)

I know you said not including room service, but I would take my Yeti with me, fill it with coffee from the carafe delivered to your room at whatever time you wish and then wander, enjoy and sip. It is much better than any machine produced stuff.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Robjame said:

I know you said not including room service, but I would take my Yeti with me, fill it with coffee from the carafe delivered to your room at whatever time you wish and then wander, enjoy and sip. It is much better than any machine produced stuff.

It's really cool that you have a Yeti and travel with it. I had no idea they drink coffee.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

It's really cool that you have a Yeti and travel with it. I had no idea they drink coffee

LOL

well you could put your coffee in a “Dixie cup” but be sure you have plenty of “Kleenex” in case you spill it on your favourite “Polo”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

It's really cool that you have a Yeti and travel with it. I had no idea they drink coffee.

Only on northern cruises. They get a little overheated in the tropics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, Dourobert said:

Horizons on Nautica has (had?) a self-serve machine.  I and a few others (mostly men) often were up there from about 4:00 am watching the sunrise as we went into the next port.  Pastries would show up later.

Sometimes that getting up thing for us older bulls turns into an early morning