Horrible Customer Service -- is there someone over a CSR Supervisor I can call?

22 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Companies put the credit in the name on the ticket because they don't want to get into he said she said arguments. 

For every person who truly did pay for the other person in the room there's someone else where one person paid the whole fare on a credit card but then the other person gave them cash for their part. I've done the latter numerous times with friends (hotels and cruises) and I'd be livid if Royal gave them all the credit because their name was on the credit card. 

That is not RCI's problem.

X credit card paid, any credit/refund goes back to the same place.

21 minutes ago, SRF said:

Considering that Royal is not the only company that does that with credit, plenty have decided it is a problem enough to only issue credit in the name on the ticket. 

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Obviously this is standard business practice probably because of the skim the CC takes for using their services.  It could work the other way where one person put the entire amount on their card, another person reimbursed them, then the person with the CC gets a refund and basically have extra money in their pocket.  Hopefully they'd do the right thing and reverse the reimbursement but I'm aware of similar situations where that did not happen.  

15 hours ago, DeanD said:

Obviously this is standard business practice probably because of the skim the CC takes for using their services.  It could work the other way where one person put the entire amount on their card, another person reimbursed them, then the person with the CC gets a refund and basically have extra money in their pocket.  Hopefully they'd do the right thing and reverse the reimbursement but I'm aware of similar situations where that did not happen.  

And how is the the problem with the vendor or the credit card company?

That is an agreement between the two people who exchanged the money.  Vendor only has a relationship with the person who actually paid the bill.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 11:09 AM, boilachicken said:

We did the FCC because we booked a new cruise for a year later hoping the pandemic would be gone.

then that one got cancelled and they sent us new FCC’s with no option of refund. 

at that point he could still cruise. Now he can’t. 

the burden shouldn’t be on the customer to be able to use money they spent with a company. We didn’t cancel the cruises. They did. 

When the 2nd booked cruise was cancelled you did have a choice for cash refund, that has always been available option when rcl cancelled.

The fcc rules of being non transferrable unless over 70 or under 12 probably wont be changed anytime soon.

The only hope is for the guy that is unable to go  is for him to contact the resolution dept and ask for an exception if he is unable to cruise by expiratory date of fcc, which is sept 2022.   

I think we all agree that the FCC cannot transfer from one individual to another (and this case does not fit into any of the exceptions).

The question is whether RCI will allow for an exception for the OP since the initial sales rep (an agent of the company) allegedly provided incorrect information.

I wonder how the cruise line will handle this?

3 hours ago, Travel R said:

I think we all agree that the FCC cannot transfer from one individual to another (and this case does not fit into any of the exceptions).

The question is whether RCI will allow for an exception for the OP since the initial sales rep (an agent of the company) allegedly provided incorrect information.

I wonder how the cruise line will handle this?

My guess is that even if they admit the first sales rep made a mistake, they will say, Sorry, Charlie.