Covid testing for Tahiti

NMTraveller

I had a couple of questions about this.  We are doing a Christmas Tahiti cruise.  We are also going into Tahiti several days before the cruise and leaving several days after.  

1.  I would assume that I need to get a test before I arrive in Tahiti.  Can I do this at LAX?  Through Air Tahiti Nui?

2.  I would also assume that I may need another test before I board?  Can this be done in Tahiti or will Windstar perform this test?

3.  I would also assume that I will need a test before coming back into the US.  Are these readily available in Tahiti?

• Like 1

We are on the same cruise as you and also staying a few days before and after.  We are planning to have our COVID test locally at CVS a couple of days prior to departure. I am not sure what is available at LAX. 

Currently from the trip advisor Tahiti forum, COVID testing is also done when you arrive at the airport.  You will also be tested by Windstar before boarding.

You can purchase departure testing through Windstar, it needs to be completed within 3 days of departure to the US. Depending on how long your your post stay is, this may work for you. 

There are several options for the required testing for travel to the US.There is a home test that you can purchase through emed. There is also testing available at the airport for a price. I don’t know too much about that option.

Remember, we are several months away, and the testing situation is very fluid. I would expect that there may be changes to the arrival and departure protocols.

• Like 2

There is a link on the Air Tahiti Nui website that takes you to the information for covid testing at LAX. The testing company has several testing sites at different terminals, including the Tom Bradley International terminal.

• Like 2