Anyone used "Great VIP Limo" in Houston?

Southwest

Hello,

I found this company on line, and they did reply to an email request for quote.   Their pricing is a little less than a couple of the other shuttle/transportation services that I was able to reach.  Unfortunately it seems like several of the companies discussed in some of the pre-pandemic posts have gone out of business.  I want to be sure this company is legitimate before booking with them.  The one review I found on-line for this company was from 2018, nothing newer shows up, and I want to be sure a scam artist hasn't taken over their website.  We don't want to start our long awaited trip this August by having our credit card compromised and no one showing up to pick us up from our hotel to take us to the ship!   If anyone from the Houston/Galveston area can tell me if they know anything about "Great VIP Limo", or how I can confirm if this is a real business, I sure would appreciate it.  Thank you!

I haven't used them. After looking at their website, they look legit. I google street viewed the address and there were vehicles there when Google maps drove by last time. It looks like they may go by more than one name though. I think that is pretty common with things like moving companies. I don't know if they get bought up and consolidated often, or if they're just trying to get you to compare prices with themselves. Lol

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply.  

Just wanted to let other cruisers know that we decided to go ahead and book with "Great VIP Limo", and we were glad that we did.  They provided a prompt quote via email using their on-line system.  I called the office to ask some questions about required deposit, refund policy, if gratuity and all fees were included, because that information did now appear in the emailed quote.  Sandra answered my call and was very helpful.  Right now they charge a $50 deposit that is not refundable to hold your booking. Sandra said it is their intention is to eventually allow for refunds if given advance notice of cancellation, but that would be after they are fully up and running after the pandemic is finally something they aren't having to deal with.  The balance of the booking price was charged on the business day before the ride took place.  The gratuity was not included in the quote, I paid that directly to the driver after each ride.  I imagine companies are having to adapt their procedures to fit these ever changing circumstances, so asking about cancellation policies and what is included in the fare is a good idea with any company you are getting a quote from.

We were a party of 5 adults, we flew in the night before the cruise and stayed in a hotel near IAH.  Our driver arrived approximately 15 minutes before our scheduled pick up time outside the front door.  We were in the lobby ready to go.  The driver loaded our luggage into the back of the Suburban and we had a nice, comfortable ride to Galveston. There was bottled water available for us and the vehicle was clean.   At the end of the cruise we followed the instructions we had been given to meet up with our driver.  Once again we were ready a bit earlier than our scheduled ride, but we contacted the company and the driver was around the corner waiting for the pick up time, so he came on over to the pier ahead of schedule and we were on our way to IAH.  

We were traveling on a Sunday for both rides and it took about an hour way.  The driver mentioned that the ride can take longer on other days of the week because of higher traffic volume and highway construction that is often taking place.  We saw various areas where construction was in process, but no crews were working on the mornings we were traveling and there were no lane closures. 

If I am in the Houston area in the future and need private transportation, I would choose Great VIP Limo again.  I was pleased with their service.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 11:37 AM, Southwest said:

Thanks for the reply.  

Just wanted to let other cruisers know that we decided to go ahead and book with "Great VIP Limo", and we were glad that we did.  They provided a prompt quote via email using their on-line system.  I called the office to ask some questions about required deposit, refund policy, if gratuity and all fees were included, because that information did now appear in the emailed quote.  Sandra answered my call and was very helpful.  Right now they charge a $50 deposit that is not refundable to hold your booking. Sandra said it is their intention is to eventually allow for refunds if given advance notice of cancellation, but that would be after they are fully up and running after the pandemic is finally something they aren't having to deal with.  The balance of the booking price was charged on the business day before the ride took place.  The gratuity was not included in the quote, I paid that directly to the driver after each ride.  I imagine companies are having to adapt their procedures to fit these ever changing circumstances, so asking about cancellation policies and what is included in the fare is a good idea with any company you are getting a quote from.

We were a party of 5 adults, we flew in the night before the cruise and stayed in a hotel near IAH.  Our driver arrived approximately 15 minutes before our scheduled pick up time outside the front door.  We were in the lobby ready to go.  The driver loaded our luggage into the back of the Suburban and we had a nice, comfortable ride to Galveston. There was bottled water available for us and the vehicle was clean.   At the end of the cruise we followed the instructions we had been given to meet up with our driver.  Once again we were ready a bit earlier than our scheduled ride, but we contacted the company and the driver was around the corner waiting for the pick up time, so he came on over to the pier ahead of schedule and we were on our way to IAH.  

We were traveling on a Sunday for both rides and it took about an hour way.  The driver mentioned that the ride can take longer on other days of the week because of higher traffic volume and highway construction that is often taking place.  We saw various areas where construction was in process, but no crews were working on the mornings we were traveling and there were no lane closures. 

If I am in the Houston area in the future and need private transportation, I would choose Great VIP Limo again.  I was pleased with their service.

How did you find your driver?  I’m curious how you knew what car he was in. 
I have requested a quote from them, so thanks for all the information!

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for the long delay in my response, hadn't been on line to see your question until now.  Our emailed instructions that I got after we booked told us where to go outside the terminal to meet the driver, they have a pick up area with a cover to give you some shade.  It is basically the same place they drop you off and there are port staff who can point people who are waiting for rides to the right area.  The confirmation email I got also said we were supposed to get a call from the driver a half hour or so before our pick up time, but that didn't happen.  I called the company office and they contacted the driver on my behalf so it was not a problem that I didn't get the call.   I told the office person that we were outside ready for pick up, they relayed that info to the driver and he showed up within minutes .   While on the phone they told me what kind of vehicle and the driver's name.  The driver knew my name and verified that we were  the right party when he arrived.  

Hope this info gets to you in time to be of use to you!  Have a great vacation.