Conflicting info from Princess

A question on The Book of Faces, “Do you have to be vaccinated to sail on Princess 

Yes. These cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination, in accordance with CDC guidelines.

and this

Unvaccinated guests will be required to wear a face mask at all times while indoors, in accordance with health authority requirements.

Source.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/#:~:text=There will be,are required immediately.  

All a bit conflicting 

Cheers Carole

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not really, Carole. They intend to only have vaccinated people onboard but may have to make provision for those people who are medically exempt from being vaccinated.

The that should be made clear don’t you think.

Cheers Carole

15 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

The that should be made clear don’t you think.

Cheers Carole

If you read right though the FAQ section you quoted, especially this bit:  If I have been given special accommodation to board due to a medical or religious exemption preventing me from being vaccinated against COVID-19, how will our cruise experience differ from guests who are fully vaccinated? then it all becomes clear. 

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If you read right though the FAQ section you quoted, especially this bit:  If I have been given special accommodation to board due to a medical or religious exemption preventing me from being vaccinated against COVID-19, how will our cruise experience differ from guests who are fully vaccinated? then it all becomes clear. 

A case of fools rush in from me then.

Cheers Carole

1 minute ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

I wonder though how many anti vaxers will change religions to avoid the jab so they cruise ? Wonder what religion would suggest you not to get vaccinated.

Cheers Carole 

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

Wonder what religion would suggest you not to get vaccinated.

Christian Science definitely doesn't allow vaccinations. I can't think of any other organised religions that don't allow vaccination. Maybe some cults.

Other than that it's really all about personal preference and I don't see why personal preference should be a matter of exemption.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

I wonder though how many anti vaxers will change religions to avoid the jab so they cruise ? Wonder what religion would suggest you not to get vaccinated.

Cheers Carole 

We do not want those lunatics on the ships then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Lock em in their cabin, 24/7. Room service. Then they have their different cruise experience.

Edited by NSWP

Cheers Carole

Not totally. If you only looked at the mask wearing section you could easily get confused but if you start at the top of the FAQs it all makes perfect sense. 

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Lock em in their cabin, 24/7. Room service. Then they have their different cruise experience.

I suspect Princess will try to avoid having non-vaccinated people onboard but needed to spell the rules out just as a CYA.

27 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Other than that it's really all about personal preference and I don't see why personal preference should be a matter of exemption.

Edited 24 minutes ago by SinbadThePorter

Me neither Sinbad.looney tune religions

here’s Carole 

Cheers Carole 

They still have to get special permission to embark and I imagine that won't be easy to get.