How will we show proof of vaccination to Cunard?

ace2542

We are on November 14th sailing. How do we show proof of vaccination to Cunard and presumably U.S immigration if it gets to that stage? We don't possess smart phones and would rather avoid having to pay for them if we can.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

We are on November 14th sailing. How do we show proof of vaccination to Cunard and presumably U.S immigration if it gets to that stage? We don't possess smart phones and would rather avoid having to pay for them if we can.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

It's all explained here:- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass

• Thanks 1

do you have a tablet NHS app works on those, just like on a phone .

However even if you have a phone or tablet play safe, both download it and print it out.

Don't be like the people I read about yesterday , turned up at airport earlier in week, the NHS app (and many other thing on internet ) was down for a few hours, no backup so couldn't get on plane as couldn't prove vaccination . 

Just be aware that the copy on your phone has an expiry date, it usually lasts a month. I am not sure if that applies to hard copies but it's possible that anything you get now might have expired by November so you will need to get another close to sailing

21 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Just be aware that the copy on your phone has an expiry date, it usually lasts a month. I am not sure if that applies to hard copies but it's possible that anything you get now might have expired by November so you will need to get another close to sailing

The paper copy NHS England sent me hasn't no expiry date, though I will presumably need a new one if I have a booster jab.

• 3 weeks later...

My vaccination centre moved. Ie I had my vaccinations at different locations, but my NHS details show the same address for both jabs.

Don’t suppose that matters, but it only shows my first and surnames, no middle names as in my passport. What joy.😳

I just looked up my vaccine record on the NHS app and it only gives my first name and my surname. Yet elsewhere on the app my full name, with middle name appears. So they have my name recorded correctly but it doesn't appear in that form on the covid pass bit.

It says on gov Web page under covid pass name should match name on passport and you should check that it matches . I found topic on going to Greece that someone was worried that their middle name was not on it and it seems the app was only designed for first name and surname . Although they were checking in Greece wasn't a problem that it was missing so I am only trying to be corsious and be on the safe side .Would not like to think we came across a jobsworth and denied boarding in Southampton. 

Let's hope that the USA will accept  the AZ vaccine when they allow UK  visitors,  otherwise it will only be passengers with the Pfizer allowed to travel. There are also people I know that had one of each jab, due to reaction of the first AZ Jab,  Will be of interest if they will be classified as double jabbed by the USA authorities.  

Edited by LifeonMars

Had a reply from the doctors saying that they can't do any updates on nhs covid 19 proof printout  imformation on middle name is definitely on my records so don't think that anything can be done .She said it was a known issue .

Regarding the certificate name not matching the passport name exactly: We're having a similar issue with crossing the border from the US into Canada. The entry requirement is that the certificate must include the address of the testing facility, but our provider's app doesn't include this on the certificate itself. So we're going to print the information for the *appointment* (which includes the address) back-to-back with the certificate.

Since your name appears in full elsewhere in the NH application, would some sort of trick like that help? Not familiar with the app you folks use or the other requirements ... just throwing this out there.