internet /drink package on ship for just one day

6 minutes ago, vm6514 said:

Does anyone know if you get the internet on the ship can you get it for just one day.

Also the drink package do you have to get the package for the whole cruise? Thank you

Not sure about the Internet packages - they used to sell a package of "minutes" of access but I don't think they do that anymore.  

You do need to get the drinks package for the entire cruise and for all adults in the cabin.  If you buy the drinks package onboard you have to get from that day through the end of the cruise, so for example if you wait til day 3, you're only paying from there to the end of the cruise.  But prices usually higher onboard.

Edited by Brucemcdou

No, you usually can only buy the drink package during the first few days of a sailing and must purchase it for all remaining days.

You can purchase the internet package on any day for the remainder of your sailing at the onboard prices. And there is a 24-consecutive-hour package you can purchase also, at higher prices of course.

VOOMFlyer-1.thumb.jpg.415ab3f48bb86bf969e829d55716742e.jpg

VOOMFlyer-2.thumb.jpg.88742f594abc7d0ad957c9c1b4e25208.jpg

15 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

If it's an option for you, the last few days, they sell a coupon book of 10 drinks for like $75.00.  So, a good deal if you drink cocktails .

Thank you,

10 minutes ago, dswallow said:

No, you usually can only buy the drink package during the first few days of a sailing and must purchase it for all remaining days.

You can purchase the internet package on any day for the remainder of your sailing at the onboard prices. And there is a 24-consecutive-hour package you can purchase also, at higher prices of course.

11 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Thank you for helpful info

Note that if you get just a day's worth of Voom on board, it's for a consecutive 24-hour period from when you purchase.  So you can start it at noon on Tuesday and use it until noon on Wednesday, so technically you'd get to use it on two different days.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dswallow said:

Can you make phone calls with package to USA

41 minutes ago, vm6514 said:

Can you make phone calls with package to USA

You would need to enable Wi-Fi calling at home first -- you have to be connected to your mobile provider to get it set up initially.  

After setting up Wi-Fi calling on your phone, when on the ship you want to turn on Airplane Mode (which disconnects your phone from looking for a cellular signal -- important to do that to prevent your phone from connecting to the ship's EXPENSIVE cellular signal) and then turn on Wi-Fi on your phone and connect to Voom.  Then you can send/receive texts and make/receive phone calls just like normal.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

If it's an option for you, the last few days, they sell a coupon book of 10 drinks for like $75.00.  So, a good deal if you drink cocktails .

This varies from sailing to sailing is not guaranteed to be offered on any particular sailing. 

Supposedly it's only offered when bar sales are not meeting projections/budget.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Can I pick the days I want the Drink Package???

You can only buy it for all remaining days in the sailing, usually only during the first few days of the sailing. And unless you are Diamond Plus or Pinnacle it is almost always cheaper to buy the package online in the Cruise Planner before you board. Onboard it will be the onboard pricing. Sometimes, at least pre-COVID, they would usually offer the then-current discount that was in the Cruise Planner before sailing. But there's no guarantee; they did NOT do that on Adventure of the Seas -- onboard it was $84/day plus 18% gratuity, sold just the first 2 days of the sailing. Diamond Plus gets 30% off the onboard pricing; Pinnacle gets 40% off the onboard pricing.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, vm6514 said:

Does anyone know if you get the internet on the ship can you get it for just one day.

Also the drink package do you have to get the package for the whole cruise? Thank you

Not drink package related, but you can bring on 2 bottles per cabin of wine or champagne. 750ml size or smaller. Must be in your carry on bags.

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

You would need to enable Wi-Fi calling at home first -- you have to be connected to your mobile provider to get it set up initially.  

After setting up Wi-Fi calling on your phone, when on the ship you want to turn on Airplane Mode (which disconnects your phone from looking for a cellular signal -- important to do that to prevent your phone from connecting to the ship's EXPENSIVE cellular signal) and then turn on Wi-Fi on your phone and connect to Voom.  Then you can send/receive texts and make/receive phone calls just like normal.

Do i have to call my cell phone provider before the cruise to set this up? Also can i make phone calls

with just Voom surf? You have been very helpful thank you

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not drink package related, but you can bring on 2 bottles per cabin of wine or champagne. 750ml size or smaller. Must be in your carry on bags.

Thank you good advise.  I think we are going to do that, no drink package

4 hours ago, vm6514 said:

Do i have to call my cell phone provider before the cruise to set this up? Also can i make phone calls

No, you have to turn on WiFi calling while connected to your provider via a cellular signal.  You cannot do this once you are out of range on the ship.  So do it at home.

Surf should be fine for voice calls, but video calls will be choppy and have freezes.

4 hours ago, vm6514 said:

You don't need to call your provider to do it, but you do need to set it up on land before you board.  I actually have a very weak cell signal at my house, so I use Wi-Fi calling regularly at home. Once you set it up, your phone automatically uses the stronger/best option for routing the call.

The method varies a little based on the type of phone you have, so I would just do a simple Google search to get the instructions.  Just search for the following:  wifi calling <cell provider> <type of phone>

Examples:
wifi calling at&t android
wifi calling verizon iphone

Go ahead and set it up now and try it out -- you can turn on airplane mode at home, then turn on your wifi, and then just make a regular phone call or send a text via wifi.  (Make sure to turn off airplane mode before leaving home, or you won't have any network connection!)

You can turn wifi calling on and off if you want, but I've never found a need -- I just set it up and leave it turned on all the time, and my phone decides which signal is going to give me the better call signal.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, brillohead said:

Note that if you get just a day's worth of Voom on board, it's for a consecutive 24-hour period from when you purchase.  So you can start it at noon on Tuesday and use it until noon on Wednesday, so technically you'd get to use it on two different days.

Timing is everything for the 24-hour period.  Signing up at some point after you return to the ship on a port day followed by a sea day will give you the maximum benefit.  Signing up in the morning before you leave the ship for the day is a waste.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

You don't need to call your provider to do it, but you do need to set it up on land before you board.  I actually have a very weak cell signal at my house, so I use Wi-Fi calling regularly at home. Once you set it up, your phone automatically uses the stronger/best option for routing the call.

The method varies a little based on the type of phone you have, so I would just do a simple Google search to get the instructions.  Just search for the following:  wifi calling <cell provider> <type of phone>

Examples:
wifi calling at&t android
wifi calling verizon iphone

Go ahead and set it up now and try it out -- you can turn on airplane mode at home, then turn on your wifi, and then just make a regular phone call or send a text via wifi.  (Make sure to turn off airplane mode before leaving home, or you won't have any network connection!)

You can turn wifi calling on and off if you want, but I've never found a need -- I just set it up and leave it turned on all the time, and my phone decides which signal is going to give me the better call signal.

Thank you so much for all your detailed help. It is good to know that there is so helpful people

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRF said:

No, you have to turn on WiFi calling while connected to your provider via a cellular signal.  You cannot do this once you are out of range on the ship.  So do it at home.

Surf should be fine for voice calls, but video calls will be choppy and have freezes.

Very helpful thank you

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Timing is everything for the 24-hour period.  Signing up at some point after you return to the ship on a port day followed by a sea day will give you the maximum benefit.  Signing up in the morning before you leave the ship for the day is a waste.

Great advise thank you

7 minutes ago, vm6514 said:

Thank you so much for all your detailed help. It is good to know that there is so helpful people

I found out about wifi calling from people here on CC -- I'm glad to be able to pay it forward!

16 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Can I pick the days I want the Drink Package???

No. If you purchase the drink package it is for the rest of the time on board, you don’t get to pick & chose. The drink card might be a better option (&you can share the card). It might not be offered on your cruise tho 

Edited by awhfy