Current Uber/Lyft Availability in MCO/Port Canaveral

preb

We are blessed to be sailing on the Allure simulation cruise July 27-29.  We are staying the night of the 26th at an airport hotel.  I am having a hard time finding a transfer company that is currently operating on those dates and Royal is not offering transfers.  Can anyone local or who has been in Orlando recently advise how easy it is to get a Lyft or Uber to the port (and back on the 29th)?  Or, does anyone know of a shuttle service currently operating MCO to Port Canaveral round trip?  I don't want to wind up stranded.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, preb said:

We are blessed to be sailing on the Allure simulation cruise July 27-29.  We are staying the night of the 26th at an airport hotel.  I am having a hard time finding a transfer company that is currently operating on those dates and Royal is not offering transfers.  Can anyone local or who has been in Orlando recently advise how easy it is to get a Lyft or Uber to the port (and back on the 29th)?  Or, does anyone know of a shuttle service currently operating MCO to Port Canaveral round trip?  I don't want to wind up stranded.  Thanks!

Try contacting:

Cortrans Shuttle

Cruise Control Transportation

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Try contacting:

Cortrans Shuttle

Cruise Control Transportation

Cortrans and goport are not operating yet.  Cruise Control is and Corey was wonderful, so we are all set!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, preb said:

Cortrans and goport are not operating yet.  Cruise Control is and Corey was wonderful, so we are all set!  Thank you!

thanks for the info on Cortrans….hopefully they will start back up soon as they are a great company too.

So glad Cruise Control was able to help you out….😁

23 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Has any ship sailed from Canaveral yet?

So far just the Disney Dream test cruise last week.  Allure of the Seas will be doing their test cruise Tuesday.  Mardi Gras will be the first "real" cruise on 7/31.

From MCO, it might not be a problem but Uber/Lyft continues to be kind of a challenge over here with long wait times - not always, but often.  Hopefully all that will change this week when flights start coming in first with Allure and then Mardi Gras passengers.  If it's anything like "before" the Uber/Lyft drivers will pick up passengers at MCO, drop them off at the port then hang around in this area for the day picking up short trips until they get pinged for a trip back to Orlando.  As more cruises start going out of Port Canaveral, there should be plenty of Uber/Lyft drivers in the area again.  I hope!

Edited by cruisemom2

Cruisemom is correct, we're pretty light on ride shares. Better to book with someone.

I recommend Blacklane from personal experience worldwide.

Think of a luxury Uber that takes reservations.

Yes, it's more expensive, but they'll be there without question and it'll be clean and nice.

Usually things like Mercedes, Escalades, luxury cars