San Pedro Monthly Parking Permit

SoCA6ft5

One of the tips I’ve read for cruise parking in San Pedro is that a monthly parking permit costs $90 compared to the $20 daily rate. Unfortunately, I’ve been unable to discover where one can purchase the monthly permit.  Has anyone done this? Can these be purchased at the lot or must they be obtained before parking? Thanks for your help.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:36 PM, SoCA6ft5 said:

One of the tips I’ve read for cruise parking in San Pedro is that a monthly parking permit costs $90 compared to the $20 daily rate. Unfortunately, I’ve been unable to discover where one can purchase the monthly permit.  Has anyone done this? Can these be purchased at the lot or must they be obtained before parking? Thanks for your help.

$90 for a monthly permit vs $20 per day fails the common sense sniff test. I doubt it's true. At one time in New York (but no longer) you could park at the pier for up to 30 days for the price of 14 days, but who would price a month at less than the price of a week? 

Where did you read that ?

19 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Yes, that's the site.  It seems it may be for parking spaces at the Cruise Port designated for the Harbor Department (City Department), which the Executive Director is authorized to sell. I'm still looking for the process to purchase.SEC13

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

1 hour ago, SoCA6ft5 said:

Yes, that's the site.  It seems it may be for parking spaces at the Cruise Port designated for the Harbor Department (City Department), which the Executive Director is authorized to sell. I'm still looking for the process to purchase.SEC13

Yes, I've seen that site. It's not  the official website of the World Cruise Center of the Port of Los Angeles. I'd take what you see there with a grain of salt.

The links to parking information on both the official port website https://www.lawaterfront.org/cruise/cruise-faqs and from the official website of the port operator, Ports America, https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule  take you to an inoperative page for the parking operator at cruisecenterparking.com .

The official websites give an 800 phone number, (800) 540-PARK . Perhaps you can call. 

Edited by njhorseman

34 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Yes, I've seen that site. It's not  the official website of the World Cruise Center of the Port of Los Angeles. I'd take what you see there with a grain of salt.

The links to parking information on both the official port website https://www.lawaterfront.org/cruise/cruise-faqs and from the official website of the port operator, Ports America, https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule  take you to an inoperative page for the parking operator at cruisecenterparking.com .

The official websites give an 800 phone number, (800) 540-PARK . Perhaps you can call. 

Even Parking Concepts' (the operator of the cruise parking lot) website does not currently list the lot in San Pedro. Could be related to the fact cruise departures won't start up again until August 21.