airport to PG

guitarcrazy

Hi all,

We have our (lol, rescheduled!) 7 day cruise end of October.  I'm looking at an LAX-PPT flight that leaves 3pm and arrives 8:30pm in PPT.  The boat takes off 11:55pm.  Any concerns getting from airport to PG?  I would guess as it's a small island, the answer is no, but perhaps some of you seasoned Paul Gauguin folk can confirm...

Thanks for your responses.  I will check with PG tomorrow.  I have taken many many other cruises, some arriving the same day, others the day before and never an issue.  My question was thus if there was some structural issue I should be aware of in getting from the airport to the cruise boat.  I presume it should be easy enough to catch a taxi at that time…

17 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

Thanks for your responses.  I will check with PG tomorrow.  I have taken many many other cruises, some arriving the same day, others the day before and never an issue.  My question was thus if there was some structural issue I should be aware of in getting from the airport to the cruise boat.  I presume it should be easy enough to catch a taxi at that time…

Taxis are at the airport when flights arrive. After dark there is a surcharge  ... figure $25 to the ship. I believe the shuttle can only be booked when it's part of a package booked through PG. I've tried to book the shuttle when I've booked air myself and was told no can do  ... but do check, things may have changed. 

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

On 7/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Taxis are at the airport when flights arrive. After dark there is a surcharge  ... figure $25 to the ship. I believe the shuttle can only be booked when it's part of a package booked through PG. I've tried to book the shuttle when I've booked air myself and was told no can do  ... but do check, things may have changed. 

So, follow up-called PG this am and I am able to pay for their shuttle ($30/person) from the Airpot to the ship.  The PG representative said my flight is the flight PG is using, and thus a ton of my cruise mates will be on the flight with me;.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Just take a cab.  Yes, you pay a little more after dark.  If you manage to get on the PG bus, you'll be hanging around waiting for it.

Wendy and I agree on this  ... take a taxi ... probably a bit less and your not waiting around until everyone from the plane makes it through customs 😉

• Like 1