Flew to the Moon, Thoughts on my sailing....She is a beauty

Lois R

13 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

I would really appreciate the crew being so disciplined with mask-wearing because it cannot be easy during their very long shifts.  They do it so passengers can have a break from wearing theirs.

I agree.  And to be totally honest, after a while, you (as the guest) really don't think about it. Well, I shouldn't speak for other people. I would say I got used to it quite quickly.  Actually, I always carried my mask with me. Inside, they did request guests mask up. They did not "force you".....but they had signs (small ones) that were on the bar counters, for example. It said Please:  Mask up with a small photo of a mask..........2) Wash your hands  3) Social distance.   Again, there were protocols in place but I just got used to them.  As for the distancing part........we only had 200 guests so it was pretty easy to do that🙂

The Arts Cafe is always the Arts Cafe. 

It doesn’t change in the evening.  Here is a photo of the seating outside at the Arts.F10E9366-A992-46C2-BDBD-AEC224B6924F.thumb.jpeg.5dc372c3c40a9ea052a042dbfbb0becc.jpeg

La Terrazza changes into the more formal version of itself with a focus on Italian cuisine.

It was really hard for me to watch the very dedicated crew maintain their mask wearing in the intense heat at the pool deck, but they did it, with nary a whimper. 

It is their job and they know it. 

And thanks Lois for your review. 

I think the Moon is pretty much a version of the Muse with a few changes such as the bar being centered in La Dolce Vita, the approach to the restaurants on deck 4, the SALT bar ( so very cool), SALT restaurant, SALT lab….

The suites seemed to be a very close replica of the Muse. Same color scheme, the mushroom and celadon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Spins, thanks for that Arts Cafe clarification🙂.

And I agree about the staff......superior in every way.  Those masks were basically a part of their uniforms and I guess after being on board for months before your maiden voyage? They got used to wearing them. Or at least it seemed that way. There had to be new training for it. I know there were times I left my cabin and turned around and went back to it because I forgot my mask.

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone is sailing on the Muse starting on 7/29? It is her first Alaskan cruise......I would love to know what protocols are in place for her.......I wonder if there are less restrictions than what was in Greece?

I know I will find out first hand in just over 3 weeks but if anyone is sailing prior to me, hope you can give us some insight😃

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

That the crew had to wear them? It didn't make them any less friendly or anything like that.......

I appreciate your response.  There's little doubt in my mind that having to wear their masks would impact their service, friendliness, etc.  But, it would impact my enjoyment of the cruise experience.  

12 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I appreciate your response.  There's little doubt in my mind that having to wear their masks would impact their service, friendliness, etc.  But, it would impact my enjoyment of the cruise experience.  

Just because I am curious. Why would it impact your enjoyment?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Hi, why would it impact your experience? Just curious. Or how would it impact you would be the question?

10 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Just because I am curious. Why would it impact your enjoyment?

Wearing a mask is not "normal".  Wearing a mask, for me, is a physical impediment because of two physical conditions beyond my control.  I have not "enjoyed" observing the requirements to wear a mask because I know it is my responsibility to do so.  I have no interest in paying for a "vacation" where masks must be worn at all times by either the staff or the guests.  Why should I do so?  

Being able to observe another's facial expressions is part of the non-verbal clues that I use that help me form an opinion about the person.  And, what that person is saying to me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the explanation.  You are right about a couple of things......it is not normal but we are not really in normal times anymore.  And of course it is your choice  to sail with them or not.

• Like 3

RKA - also just curious, are you currently booked on Silversea & will need to cancel a cruise because of the masking issue or just thinking of booking?  It's so fortunate that you have other options for vacations.   Knowing the fabulous, amazing crew of the Silversea fleet, I'm just going to imagine the big smiles on the crew members when they welcome us on the Shadow & they'll be able to see my great big smile through/around my mask because I'm going to be so happy to be there & not here.  What a small price to pay.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, nowornever said:

RKA - also just curious, are you currently booked on Silversea & will need to cancel a cruise because of the masking issue or just thinking of booking?  It's so fortunate that you have other options for vacations.   Knowing the fabulous, amazing crew of the Silversea fleet, I'm just going to imagine the big smiles on the crew members when they welcome us on the Shadow & they'll be able to see my great big smile through/around my mask because I'm going to be so happy to be there & not here.  What a small price to pay.

I agree-masking isn’t a big deal, unless you don’t wear one.

• Like 1

I didn't re-read all of what I wrote but my one negative I posted about on that live from thread.......

Guests could not sit at the bars.  As much as I missed that, I know the bartenders missed it more.

They always enjoy interacting with the guests too.   But I adjusted to things pretty quickly.......once I found the Salt Bar? Made my evenings great🙂......the venue is small enough you could sit and enjoy the place and still interact with the bartender. And yes, he kept his mask on.......I will miss it on Muse but look forward to Dawn next year👍

4 minutes ago, smilin jack said:

I have always enjoyed sitting at the bars on cruises, my wife, not so much...I hope when we take our first cruise on the Spirt in January, that rule will be gone....however if it isn't, I understand.

Hi Jack🙂.......I am hoping there may be a possibility of it being allowed on my Alaska cruise on Muse next month! Will find out soon enough.

4 hours ago, M&PGermany said:

Welcome to the "New Normal" 🥳

All our COVID docs loaded to SS and to BA ready for Wednesday! 
The only new ‘clothes’ that we have bought for this cruise are 3 new masks each to go with our various outfits 😂

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Whaleofatime said:

All our COVID docs loaded to SS and to BA ready for Wednesday! 
The only new ‘clothes’ that we have bought for this cruise are 3 new masks each to go with our various outfits 😂

Wednesday? Are you sailing on The Moon?🙂

19 hours ago, nowornever said:

RKA - also just curious, are you currently booked on Silversea & will need to cancel a cruise because of the masking issue or just thinking of booking? 

I am shopping for an upscale cruising experience.  My experience in January, 2020 on MSC Meraviglia in their Yacht Club was an eye-opening experience after 37 HAL cruises, et al.  

5 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I agree-masking isn’t a big deal,

Masking when one must/ought is, of course, important to others, you, and me.  But, when one is dealing with two physical conditions that makes having to wear a mask a difficult thing to do, mask wearing, then, is a "big deal".  

4 hours ago, M&PGermany said:

Welcome to the "New Normal" 🥳

I have much difficulty justifying spending thousands of dollars on a "vacation" just because it is currently "now the new normal" which I believe would adversely impact the enjoyment of my vacation.  The requirement of 100% of Crew and guests being fully vaccinated is the "New Normal" that I will accept.  

Hi RKA, looks like my review has turned into another discussion........I will say one more thing and maybe we can move on........nobody can tell you what to spend your money on and we all have different opinions about the subject.........do what is best for you. Hope you are able to find whatever you are looking for and I mean that sincerely. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I have much difficulty justifying spending thousands of dollars on a "vacation" just because it is currently "now the new normal" which I believe would adversely impact the enjoyment of my vacation.  

Freedom of choice. Stay home, book a different cruise line, book a different kind of holiday, or do it the Emerson-way ("Life in the woods"). You choose.

NOW BACK TO LOIS R.

Can't wait to hear more from your cruise experience on the Moon. It's certainly building up my excitement. 2 more days before boarding the Moon... 😎

Lois,

Thank you so much for your review.  We experienced the same excellent level of service on the first 2 segments.  We were completely “blown away” by the Moon.  The minor protocol inconveniences were completely overshadowed by the superb experiences onboard.

If I may add just a couple of additional highlights for future cruisers.  Silver Note was exceptional.  It is the perfect venue for dinner or an after dinner espresso martini.  The entertainment onboard of Natalia, Charlie and the Silversea singers was terrific.  Also, do not miss Vicki’s show.  Entertaining, emotional and extremely well done.  

P.S.- Do not miss the late evening pool dance party!  

Edited by pdaniel