The Trailblazers- Sailing for Alaska!

GoHoward

22 hours ago, zgscl said:

One question - On embarkation day was there entertainment other than the music walk? I know they used to do a single welcome aboard show but wondering if that still happened or if the comedian did a show. We are debating if will miss anything with a later dinner or if we should do it early. 

Entertainment on embarkation day was limited - BB King’s and Billboard Onboard performed in the evening, and there was a 9:00 EXC Mainstage talk on HAL’s history in Alaska that was well produced but just under 30 minutes. You won’t be missing much with a late dinner.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Just curious - I'm sure the earthquake didn't affect you but I wondered if the Captain came on and mentioned it. That would be a first for me!

The captain did mention the earthquake during the morning announcements- we first found out about it from friends and family reaching out to to ask if we were safe (messages that we saw after waking up from a good night’s sleep!).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GoHoward said:

Entertainment on embarkation day was limited - BB King’s and Billboard Onboard performed in the evening, and there was a 9:00 EXC Mainstage talk on HAL’s history in Alaska that was well produced but just under 30 minutes. You won’t be missing much with a late dinner.

Perfect, thank you! 

This is kind of a silly question, but is there still a soap holder in the tub/shower? I know they changed to liquid shower body soap quite a while ago, but there still was a soap holder the last time we were aboard the Westerdam in 2019. I prefer bar soap, even if I have to bring my own. 

On 7/28/2021 at 8:27 PM, GoHoward said:

- We have the Serenade of the Seas with us in Sitka. The shuttle to town was a bit chaotic at first, with passengers mingled from both ships, but was smooth from mid morning onwards. Some of the Serenade passengers ignored the mask requirement on our shuttle bus, though most complied.

This is sad when looking at the CDC chart. Don't get on another shuttle with them LOL

image.png.bf4e67bd248be154c6af82841789e310.png

Yellow status means the ship has met the threshold for CDC investigation because the ship has met one of the following criteria:

at or above the investigation threshold for crew COVID-19 cases,

at or above the investigation threshold for passenger COVID-19 cases; or

state or local health department notified CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

• Like 1

@GoHoward Howdy neighbor, what a great cruise. So glad we got to meet. 
This was such a special cruise. I really feel that the whales were so happy to “see” us. It  was like coming home and having your puppy so happy. The whales must have really missed us.  I have never seen so many whales on any Alaska cruise I have done.

🐳

• Like 3