Has anyone been on a cruise recently?

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Is there a particular region you are looking for? Not all experiences will be the same depending on ship and region. Anyway here is one experience I was reading on CC about Greece:

Thoughts on my sailing....She is a beauty

Honestly, since everything is so different, it's even more reason to want to hear as many different answers as possible. Who is not able to offer to signature amenities? What's the difference, if any, between the cruise lines or big ship vs small ship? Is there a bigger impact to mass-market or luxury? Is Caribbean a better idea than Mediterranean, or vice- versa? Neither? Is cruising not worth it? Is it much different?

• Like 1

Yes, I have been on a cruise recently. I sailed around Greece from July 8-18th.........I was on a small ship that holds 600 when full.......we only had 200 passengers🙂.  Oh...that is my review in the previous post.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Is there a particular region you are looking for? Not all experiences will be the same depending on ship and region. Anyway here is one experience I was reading on CC about Greece:

Thoughts on my sailing....She is a beauty

That is mine🙂

• Like 2

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

HAL just sailed their first ship...lots of chatter about things on the HAL board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/103-holland-america-line/

Here are the RCI and Celebrity boards, as they are sailing some now:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/51-royal-caribbean-international/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/

• Like 1

Hi All!

In particular, I have been wondering how things are going on a cruise now vs pre-covid.(on any cruise line)

Is it still an awesome experience from beginning to end?

What changes have been made?

Are you able to go out and about on your own at each port?

I have been sitting on the fence as to whether or not book a cruise now but wanted to hear from others what their experience was. 

Hi Global Traveller.......there are some answers above.......you had originally started this thread.

I am guessing since you are brand new to Cruise Critic you may not have realized this is your original thread.

We just returned from our first cruise on Crystal.  We had a wonderful time, but since it was our first time on this line, we have nothing to compare it to.  I think differences in pre and post Covid-19 experiences will be between fully vaccinated ships, and those accepting some not vaccinated.  Visit every cruise line board here for the lines now sailing and you will see reviews and ‘live from’s.  EM

• Like 2

I was on a small ship cruise ending in Piraeus this week. There were 4 other cruise ships with us in Piraeus. Our debark was delayed by the local Port Medical authorities. The other 4 ships had very loose COVID standards onboard. All had COVID cases on arrival and had to be inspected by the Medical Authorities.

My ship had stricter standards and zero COVID cases.

2 hours ago, BruceMuzz said:

I was on a small ship cruise ending in Piraeus this week. There were 4 other cruise ships with us in Piraeus. Our debark was delayed by the local Port Medical authorities. The other 4 ships had very loose COVID standards onboard. All had COVID cases on arrival and had to be inspected by the Medical Authorities.

My ship had stricter standards and zero COVID cases.

Could you be more specific in what standards your ship had that were more strict? Are they equivalent to the CDC standards or even more strict?

My ship required mask wearing in all public areas except while drinking, eating, or swimming.

Anybody seen without a mask was given a fresh one immediately and instructed to put it on.

Social distancing - except for family groups - was strictly enforced.

1 hour ago, BruceMuzz said:

My ship required mask wearing in all public areas except while drinking, eating, or swimming.

Anybody seen without a mask was given a fresh one immediately and instructed to put it on.

Social distancing - except for family groups - was strictly enforced.

Hi Bruce, may I ask what cruise line you sailed?