Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale Transfer Recommendatio

MrsFloody

4 minutes ago, MrsFloody said:

Hi, can anyone recommend a reasonable priced company for private transfer from MIA to Fort Lauderdale for 2 pax please? Thanks.

Why not simply use Uber or Lyft?  We have done that many times (between Lauderdale and Miami).  The price has increased because of COVID but you are likely looking at less than $50 (total cost for 2).  That gets you a private vehicle.   There are several transfer companies that will save you a few dollars but you will likely make multiple stops and will be sharing a larger vehicle.

Hank

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If you want an SUV or town car (mostly to fit you and your luggage) try the airport transfer search engine Mozio.com.

I had never heard of that site so after reading your post decided to try a faux booking from the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale to the Port of Miami for 2 persons.   The lowest price that came up was $112 with the next lowest price $140.  Uber and Lyft would be about $40-$50 (depending on surge pricing) for the same trip.   I had to laugh that one of the limo companies had in their description "English speaking Driver"  which made me smile.  

Hank

Just now, Hlitner said:

I had never heard of that site so after reading your post decided to try a faux booking from the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale to the Port of Miami for 2 persons.   The lowest price that came up was $112 with the next lowest price $140.  Uber and Lyft would be about $40-$50 (depending on surge pricing) for the same trip.   I had to laugh that one of the limo companies had in their description "English speaking Driver"  which made me smile.  

Hank

The reason I suggest mozio as a search engine is that it is a worldwide search engine and not all uber/lift regions around the world have larger vehicles (e.g., for folks with large 28”+ suitcases or multiple suitcases and/or passengers). At a minimum, mozio gives you an idea of the price range and availability of transfers in far flung locations.

Along the same lines, we’ve often found that many hotels we use will provide town car transfers to FF members of their chain at little to no cost. 

Finally, it’s always good to have a backup. On our last trip to London (pre-Covid) the Uber app had a temporary system breakdown that prevented bookings for more than a few hours.
Fortunately, the company we regularly use to get to the Southampton port arranged for our local London needs that day at a very good price.

• Thanks 1