Meraviglia Balcony - Fantastica location

thepla

Hi

We have fantastica experience and our cabin is on 9th deck in area that jets out further than what looks like Bella experience. 9th deck seems to be just above deck with lifeboats. Will we be able to look own to ocean or will lifeboats be in way?

I also booked 9th deck but chose a cabin with a larger balcony.  I am not worried about the life boats.  Deck 8 may be more of an issue but how often do you stand up to look down? I have cruised many times with life boats below me and have never cared.  I like being lower to the water rather than having a higher deck.  Another thing that bugs me about higher decks in the overhang of the pool deck that makes it such that your balcony is in the shade all day.

Pick your battles.  Life boats is one battle that to me is not worth a worry.  Especially on deck 9.

Edited by Lisichka

I'm also on the 9th deck, but I have one of what i call the armpit cabins.  It has the largest balcony of the regular fantasica cabins.  It is the one right next to the cabins that jet out.  i'm in 9139.  I'm curious if I can look left and see anything other than the wall.  Seems like I get a great balcony, but only half the view.

11 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I'm also on the 9th deck, but I have one of what i call the armpit cabins.  It has the largest balcony of the regular fantasica cabins.  It is the one right next to the cabins that jet out.  i'm in 9139.  I'm curious if I can look left and see anything other than the wall.  Seems like I get a great balcony, but only half the view.

I am the next cabin over, also with a larger balcony (but not as large as yours).  I chose mine because I wanted a little more view than yours, yet still have a bigger balcony (9137). There are pictures of both all over the internet (will post them on next post).  I didn’t want to feel ”boxed in” and didn’t mind losing a little of the balcony since I am traveling solo.

Edited by Lisichka

11 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

Here are some pictures that show the difference between your balcony and mine. I chose deck 9 because the overhang of deck 14 freaks me out.  I don’t want my balcony to be in the shade all the time (would have preferred deck 10, but was not available).

0FE1C83D-8C04-4128-9F2E-AF571D280F6D.jpeg

5DCA5886-7A6C-4A81-BD3F-D37EA60C9578.jpeg

4C239D89-0EA4-4260-9531-EDB6AFE0B396.jpeg

1A296545-D143-45C8-BB11-956C794D1C6E.jpeg

Edited by Lisichka

17 hours ago, Lisichka said:

Here are some pictures that show the difference between your balcony and mine. I chose deck 9 because the overhang of deck 14 freaks me out.  I don’t want my balcony to be in the shade all the time (would have preferred deck 10, but was not available).

0FE1C83D-8C04-4128-9F2E-AF571D280F6D.jpeg

5DCA5886-7A6C-4A81-BD3F-D37EA60C9578.jpeg

4C239D89-0EA4-4260-9531-EDB6AFE0B396.jpeg

1A296545-D143-45C8-BB11-956C794D1C6E.jpeg

So looking at what you posted, I'm basically in 11084.  if your picture for what is my cabin's view, i'm severely rethinking my choice.  I want a balcony cabin so I can enjoy the view from the cabin.  With this picture, I'm in my cabin, looking down a long hallway, then see the ocean.  Talk about tunnel vision.  On Carnival, the dividers are translucent so light still gets through, but these are opaque dividers and it looks unappetizing.  

59 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

With this picture, I'm in my cabin, looking down a long hallway, then see the ocean.  Talk about tunnel vision

Looks claustrophobic to me.  I wouldn't care for such a balcony cabin.  

• Like 1

Yeah those pictures have me rethinking my balcony too I picked 11233 which has the larger balcony. But it does look very tunnel like . Now I'm wondering if I should try and change, anyone have any experience with these cabins?

I think that is why the cabin right next to the “tunnel vision” one seems to be most popular.  Still a larger balcony but not a tunnel shape.  Yours though a lot of people like because it provides both shade and sun on the same balcony, so for families/couples with different preferences this works well.  Plus it is large enough to put chaises on there.

It is all about preference.  I purposefully didn’t want the tunnel balcony because I don’t like the closed off walls.  Others love it because it provides privacy and shade/sun.

1 hour ago, cocod08 said:

Yeah those pictures have me rethinking my balcony too I picked 11233 which has the larger balcony. But it does look very tunnel like . Now I'm wondering if I should try and change, anyone have any experience with these cabins?

Yours would be even worse.  Not only does it have the tunnel vision, it also has the overhang on top to boot.  Perfect for shade lovers, but I have stayed in a cabin like that before and I felt like I was always inside, looking out.  Also, yours is towards the back of the ship with a shorter row of inset cabins, making the view even less.  Notice most cabins in that area are Bella cabins.

Read this and watch the video to see what my balcony looks like.  Unfortunately not a video of the tunnel vision one….

https://www.suitcasescholar.com/2020/03/04/the-best-balcony-cabins-on-the-msc-meraviglia/

Edited by Lisichka

Cocod08, here is your cabin.  As you can see almost all are Bella cabins due to being in a less desirable location.  The larger balcony is the only thing that makes your cabin Fantastica.  If you think you won’t  care for the tunnel like vision of that particular cabin, I would change.

A567F507-2249-438F-99D5-92158687BB96.jpeg

Edited by Lisichka

• 1 year later...
On 7/27/2021 at 10:16 AM, thesnoopster2 said:

How was the room and balcony on 9139? Looking at that room for my next cruise.