John Heald walking tours of Mardi Gras on FB

The punchliner looks even smaller than on vista class.

Hopefully they have some comedy shows in the theater which has the theater style seating everyone wants. It has more seating than the punchliner but for a main theater it looks like they’re really packed in. No cup holders but it looks like there may be a tray table on the seat back in front of you that folds down.

They have almost totally eliminated the sports bar. On panorama it seemed to be expanded with the wide open hero’s bar. Now it’s just a room in the back of the smokehouse. No bar. Hopefully they change that before I’m on celebration during football season.

I really liked JiJi’s so I’m not a fan of changing it to Chibang. It doesn’t look as fancy as JiJi’s did and they removed some of the menu items I liked. At least it’s included for now but I doubt that will last. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

I also noticed they combined the pizza and deli into one place. I wonder if that means sandwiches are going to be available 24/7 now. If so that’s good. I just hope they have the proper staffing to handle the pizza and deli lines combined.

• Like 4

I think it’s a beautiful ship, I am concerned about crowding though, as the buffet does not seem to be much larger if at all compared to other ships. It seems to me as some places were enlarged and some stayed the same and not much thought was put into the extra people that will be on this ship.

The theater, comedy club, and buffet are my main concerns, as well as that 2nd theater in the atrium area, if there is some kind of main event going on there I don’t see too much seating to be able to watch if they were to host something like the love and marriage show, or some of those more popular game show type things. 

I really think it looks beautiful. I also have concern with the buffet area seeming small. But honestly with the ability to get breakfast at the coffee house, where I’ll likely be anyways, I’m ok with avoiding the buffet. Lunch has so many options too, I bet they’re banking on the fact that people will use the other places to eat that are free.. blue iguana, big chicken, guys, cucina  and maybe others all being free for lunch hopefully will lighten the demand on the buffet. I can’t wait to

see more! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I really think it looks beautiful. I also have concern with the buffet area seeming small. But honestly with the ability to get breakfast at the coffee house, where I’ll likely be anyways, I’m ok with avoiding the buffet. Lunch has so many options too, I bet they’re banking on the fact that people will use the other places to eat that are free.. blue iguana, big chicken, guys, cucina  and maybe others all being free for lunch hopefully will lighten the demand on the buffet. I can’t wait to

see more! 

I totally agree.  So many options to choose from and I like that they are spread out on different decks.  I think that will help with crowd control.  

• Like 1

My PVP was on board today to, my husband has been showing me all the videos he is posting also!

Can't wait to try her out for Labor Day week!

We usually stay away from the big ships, but decided to give it a whirl as one of our 4 this year.

• Like 2

Did anyone notice the fountain drink machine in the Lido Marketplace? It's at about the 3:30 mark in the Lido video. No more waiting at the bar for a soda with Bottomless Bubbles! WOO-HOO!

I like that the shops are spread out. Hopefully that will reduce the mash-up that occurs when they have drawings for prizes.

I also agree with other posters that Carnival is betting the alternative food venues reduce capacity at the Lido Marketplace. There are so many more choices for lunch on this ship.

Can't wait to spend two weeks in April getting acquainted with this beautiful new addition to the Carnival family! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I also noticed they combined the pizza and deli into one place. I wonder if that means sandwiches are going to be available 24/7 now. If so that’s good. I just hope they have the proper staffing to handle the pizza and deli lines combined.

Pizza lines on the pride took forever after a show and late at night after everyone had a drink or two..

Very nice touch with the Heroes Tribute Lounge, deck 8 aft. A place for veterans and active military to gather and socialize. All are welcome, of course, but Carnivals gesture here is one of recognition and thanks. Well done. 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 13

35 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Very nice touch with the Heroes Tribute Lounge, deck 8 aft. A place for veterans and active military to gather and socialize. All are welcome, of course, but Carnivals gesture here is one of recognition and thanks. Well done. 

They have one on Panorama but it's like three times as big with a bar instead of just being a back room in the BBQ place. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jperry2011 said:

Pizza lines on the pride took forever after a show and late at night after everyone had a drink or two..

i noticed pizza lines is always long that take forever on all carnival ships i sailed on. from what i noticed they only have 1 person making the pizza and severing the pizza. they need more staff

• Like 2

My thoughts of the video - I thought it was weird how Heroes and the bbq place are so open to each other - almost hard to tell where one ends and the other begins (except for the furniture).

I thought the dining rooms looked a little utilitarian. A little underwhelming.

The seafood restaurant was beautiful!

The lobby area seems to be more open - maybe even more spacious.

The ability to get breakfast (although limited) at the coffee bar is a great +.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

My thoughts of the video - I thought it was weird how Heroes and the bbq place are so open to each other - almost hard to tell where one ends and the other begins (except for the furniture).

I thought the dining rooms looked a little utilitarian. A little underwhelming.

The seafood restaurant was beautiful!

The lobby area seems to be more open - maybe even more spacious.

The ability to get breakfast (although limited) at the coffee bar is a great +.

I agree about the dining rooms. I mean, honestly I don’t really get involved in the debate over table cloths vs. no table cloths because it doesn’t really matter that much to me. However, I really was underwhelmed with the dining room. It didn’t fit the decor of the ship IMO. What I’ve seen so far the ship is very glitzy, glam-y, but also classy and the dining rooms just were blah. They were extremely casual looking. 

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They have one on Panorama but it's like three times as big with a bar instead of just being a back room in the BBQ place. 

The veterans use to gather in the library at 10am the 2nd day until Jaime D started the Military Appreciation event in 2013 so having any constant place to gather will be great.  

12 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

I'm ready to try some of that bbq and some of that brewery beer already.. saturday can't come soon enough.

Unless they've changed the quality and cooking, Guy's BBQ is "meh" for those of us who have eaten fantastic BBQ across the country.  Brewery beers on the Horizon and Vista were good, better than the Bud Thirsty Red Frog stuff.  Just hope the barkeeps know how to pour.  Some do, some don't.  

• Like 1

We're on board after Thanksgiving.  Can't wait to try Shaq's breakfast biscuits.  Could be an alternative to the Iguana's breakfast burrito and huevos rancheros.  Keeps me out of the omelet line.

Curious about the patio pool area. in terms of how crowded it will be and impact on serenity deck and the new "landing' area.  Hoping for an alternative to the greatly diminished Havana area. 

Also curious on the new bars, Emeril's,  the new seafood restaurant, gym/spa showers-locker rooms, gym set up-equipment. And of course who crowded things were on reduced capacity sailings. 

Will the Havana bar have live latin jazz?  Will there be whiskey tasting/blending classes?--need a refill.

With Terry Cruze now on AGT, not expecting any great comedians, but these change out regularly .  and as always--Alchemy or Piano bar? 

Choices,choices.

Waiting for "Real Reviews" here vs JH's structured PR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sailingships said:

The veterans use to gather in the library at 10am the 2nd day until Jaime D started the Military Appreciation event in 2013 so having any constant place to gather will be great.  

That’s not really what this is. I mean veterans can gather there. Anyone can. This is going to be where anyone who wants to watch sports has to go because from what I can tell it’s the only place to watch sports on the ship. What they did was after vista and horizon they opened up the sports bar area on Panorama and changed the name and decor to the hero’s tribute bar. Now they’ve pushed that into the back room of the BBQ place and called it the heros tribute room. But this is going to be where everyone watches their sports. And sometimes they’re going to have to listen to whatever band is playing in there or maybe karaoke while trying to watch Monday night football.

• Like 1