My Cunard - and cabin number

cruiseluvva

Can anyone answer this conundrum which arose on another forum and has been driving me - and others - mad all afternoon?

I have invoices for all our booked Cunard cruises, having booked the Cunard Fare, or Select Fare, whatever they call it these days, each invoice confirms the cabin number. However, the cabin number does not show ANYWHERE in My Cunard ( the old Voyage Personaliser) And it’s the same for some other Cunard passengers.  No problem, except lots of people DO have their cabin numbers and grades showing in their My Cunard.

It really doesn’t matter, I know I have my bookings and they are all confirmed, but why don’t any of mine - and others - show in My Cunard, while some people’s do? 

This appears to be a here-today-gone-tomorrow thing in the US. A month or so ago, one could go to "Booked Guests" and on to "Before You Sail" and "Life on Board" to a page that gave names, deck on which cabin is located, cabin number, and bed configuration. This now appears to be missing (again). As far as I can tell, this information is no longer given anywhere on the booking summary pages. Rather irritating, actually.

Previous discussion on the topic: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruiseluvva said:

Ah I see this is an ongoing issue with the unbelievable Carnival IT programme. 
Thanks for clarifying.

Ahhh… The wonderful new IT system, all singing, all dancing, greatly improved, non crashing, user friendly, with brilliant new features, maintaining the best of the old, never failing to enhance the guest experience, an IT system for the 21st Century that Cunard can proud of.

Or…..?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Ahhh… The wonderful new IT system, all singing, all dancing, greatly improved, non crashing, user friendly, with brilliant new features, maintaining the best of the old, never failing to enhance the guest experience, an IT system for the 21st Century that Cunard can proud of.

Or…..?

Indeed. The previous "Voyage Personaliser" always worked for me. I have to wonder why Cunard hasn't fixed the many problems with the new version during the lengthy pause in operations.

• Like 1

We to agree that the information that appears on the copy of the statement from Cunard is missing from My Cunard VP.

Yes we did like seeing all the information in the past complete to compare to the statement.

That last IT upgrade really changed things for the future.

Totally agree that the confirmation on paper is good enough.

1 hour ago, david,Mississauga said:

Indeed. The previous "Voyage Personaliser" always worked for me. I have to wonder why Cunard hasn't fixed the many problems with the new version during the lengthy pause in operations.

Cunard management have repeatedly clearly evidenced their abject inability to arrange a simple, copious consumption, beverage only function in beer making facility.

• Like 1

A couple of years ago, Cunard "gave" me an unwanted upgrade in a cruise where there were two TAs handling my booking. (A group with one who was supposed to pass on info and a bit of commission to my usual TA, but wound up being a brick wall or a black hole - choose your metaphor) In any event, the only way I was able to see this was by the change of the cabin number in the VP.

And why can't they fix the caption on the bed arrangement? 

• Like 2

Of course I agree about the many advantages of working with a good TA. In the case I listed above, my TA was good, however the TA at the group agency ignored any requests and passed on nothing (It was like a dysfunctional game of telephone). Lesson learned - do not use a subcontract/pass-through relationship. 

However, I still appreciate visibility into my booking and the ability to monitor and take care of things like advance reservations for dining and excursions (Functions provided on most other lines). Although my wonderful TA does a heroic job of keeping track of her clients' needs and details, another set of eyes is always a good thing, 

And, as I count down the days, I love going back over the details of the booking...

Edited by MarkBearSF