Cozumel excursions through Royal -- specifically Fury catamaran

6 minutes ago, LoriLoriLori said:

Have you taken the Fury catamaran with stop at the beach excursion through Royal?  Can you share your experience?  Thank you very much.

Not sure if you are specifically asking since cruising resumed? I have seen it mentioned on some Adventure of the Seas reviews.

Lots of old threads and reviews if you use the search engine on Cozumel board 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/131-cozumel/

I have previously seen you tube reviews. 

• Like 1

We have snorkeled all over the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America and frankly Fury in Cozumel was one of the least impressive.

The snorkeling was mediocre at best. We were nearly swimming distance from the cruise ships. Not much to see. The beach was ok. It had sand and water so technically it qualified.

The real emphasis seemed to be on the included booze served on the way back. 

If you have nothing to compare it to and have low expectations Fury is alright but there are much better options out there.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  Still not sure what to do instead if we cancel this excursion. We have snorkeled here and there before -- John Pennekamp for instance -- and live in Florida and live in a beach town that is beautiful,  so beaches are not something we necessarily need on this trip,  nor do we care about drinking on this excursion. Will have to think about alternatives...  Thank you again!

I can recommend Tiger for a snorkel tour in Cozumel.  He uses Marina Fonatur, which is a short cab ride (5-10 minutes) from the port (I want to say it was $8 for the cab?).  

I've been snorkeling with Tiger probably 5-6 times now.  Miguel makes the most AMAZING guacamole, right there on the boat while you're out in the water, and at the sandbar Tiger brings the tray of chips and guac right to you in the water.  Also included are water, soda, beer, and tequila/margaritas, plus a tray of fresh fruit. If Angel is working that day, he'll take photos underwater and you can pay to have them emailed to you.  

56539214_2116900295094038_3094181773903396864_n.jpg

I agree with what others have stated. My summary is that it is a party cruise, with 30 minutes of snorkeling. It's all about selling pictures and getting tips. After doing a few "snorkeling" excursions this appears to be fairly common, to the point that I am very leery about booking future ones, especially through the cruise lines, without research. I'm not looking for 4 hours of travel & cruising for 30m of snorkeling.

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

I agree with what others have stated. My summary is that it is a party cruise, with 30 minutes of snorkeling. It's all about selling pictures and getting tips. After doing a few "snorkeling" excursions this appears to be fairly common, to the point that I am very leery about booking future ones, especially through the cruise lines, without research. I'm not looking for 4 hours of travel & cruising for 30m of snorkeling.

That's why I book snorkeling excursions independently.

When I want to go snorkeling, I want to go SNORKELING, not ride around in a boat eating and drinking!  I'm already on the water with food and drink when I'm on the ship, what I want is to be IN the water!