First Alaska Cruise - Which ones go to Glacier Bay

amyben40

Glacier Bay is one thing we definitely want to see and I'm having trouble finding which ones go to Glacier Bay.  I read somewhere that Glacier Bay isn't always listed even when the ship goes there, but I don't want to make a mistake and miss it.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

If a cruise ship goes to Glacier Bay, it will definitely be listed on the itinerary. I know that for Princess ships doing round-trip cruises from Seattle next year, some go to Glacier Bay and some go to Endicott Arm/Dawes Glacier instead. The northbound and southbound cruises on Princess all go to Glacier Bay.

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, amyben40 said:

Sorry!  I posted a little too quickly.  Just found this schedule https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/glacier-bay-port-494?tab=schedule&month=2022-07#schedule

I would still check the cruise line site to make sure.  I was about to book the NCL Sun for May 2022 to get to Sitka, Icy Strait and Glacier Bay but after checking the NCL site directly the posted itinerary I wanted doesn't include Glacier Bay.  

On 7/26/2021 at 6:29 AM, LEtue said:

I would still check the cruise line site to make sure.  I was about to book the NCL Sun for May 2022 to get to Sitka, Icy Strait and Glacier Bay but after checking the NCL site directly the posted itinerary I wanted doesn't include Glacier Bay.  

You have to look very carefully at the NCL Sun cruises to Alaska in May 2022...cause there IS one that goes to Glacier Bay...!  It's a 9-day roundtrip from Seattle.  (There's also a 9-day on the Sun out of Seattle that does NOT go to Glacier Bay...!)  

I know this cause we just booked the one that does visit Glacier Bay today...! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

The latest contracts for Glacier Bay were issued about October 2019 and were awarded to Princess, HAL, NCL, Cunard, Seaborn, Viking Ocean and RCCL.

If a specific cruise is visiting Glacier Bay it will be listed on the itinerary.

23 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

The latest contracts for Glacier Bay were issued about October 2019 and were awarded to Princess, HAL, NCL, Cunard, Seaborn, Viking Ocean and RCCL.

If a specific cruise is visiting Glacier Bay it will be listed on the itinerary.

Do you remember the breakdown on percentages given to the cruise lines? The prior contract had the huge bulk of the total permits issued going to Princess, HAL, and a lessor share to NCL, totaling 80% combined for those 3 cruise lines.

45 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Do you remember the breakdown on percentages given to the cruise lines? The prior contract had the huge bulk of the total permits issued going to Princess, HAL, and a lessor share to NCL, totaling 80% combined for those 3 cruise lines.

Negative, I haven't read the breakdown of the permits by cruise line for the new permits. Believe I recall reading that RCCL may have declined their share. 

We just returned from a Princess cruise that did Glacier Bay. I have to admit we got lucky with the weather this time. It was clear and sunny but I would bet it was 38 degrees outside with the Glacier that close to the ship.DSC09145.thumb.JPG.8afd2eb4bb050c273482756bbf342f3a.JPG

Edited by vivian02
complete spelling of ship
  • Like 3