Loyalty rewards awarded during cruise?

CptBoatface

7 minutes ago, CptBoatface said:

If one was on a long cruise, and moved loyalty levels from the points awarded, do they apply during the cruise. Or after?  I believe the answer was during the cruise, but couldn't find the data in a search. 

If an upcoming cruise involves enough cruise credits to move you up a level in O Club, you’ll be moved to that level on day one of the qualifying cruise (including receiving any increased perks).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If an upcoming cruise involves enough cruise credits to move you up a level in O Club, you’ll be moved to that level on day one of the qualifying cruise (including receiving any increased perks).

It has been my experience that when your FIRST segment starts you get the the rewards for what you would achieve by the end. Reference those going on a World Cruise. They get Gold loyalty level from the start, even if they've never been on Oceania before. 

• Like 2

Orv,

I've booked my 15th cruise and am now working on the air arrangements.  I want to deviate the return by 10 days.  Since it is my 15th, which gives me a free deviation, do you think I can get it for the flights  of/for the 15th, or does it really mean the O Club free deviation benefit begins with the 16th cruise?

TA is asking O this same question right now, so I should know the answer later today, but I'm wondering what you think??

33 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Orv,

I've booked my 15th cruise and am now working on the air arrangements.  I want to deviate the return by 10 days.  Since it is my 15th, which gives me a free deviation, do you think I can get it for the flights  of/for the 15th, or does it really mean the O Club free deviation benefit begins with the 16th cruise?

TA is asking O this same question right now, so I should know the answer later today, but I'm wondering what you think??

Not Orv  but on our 15th cruise  we did not pay the deviation fee   we stayed in the UK for 4 days after the cruise

No problem

4 hours ago, ORV said:

It has been my experience that when your FIRST segment starts you get the the rewards for what you would achieve by the end. Reference those going on a World Cruise. They get Gold loyalty level from the start, even if they've never been on Oceania before. 

This is our plan for 2025...if we can get a slot. Planning a sabbatical of sorts

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Just booked an 18 day cruise in Vista for 2023. If all goes as planned it will be our 10th cruise.   Just to confirm, what I have read above, we will receive free gratuities and $250.00 per person OBC for this cruise.

can someone please confirm

Yes on the Gratuities   OBC is per cabin  I believe

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The benefits have been changing over the years.

On their website under Plat benefits currently they list $500 w/o stating that it is per cabin and not per person while obviously other perks are per person (free cruise, no deviation fees, PPG, etc)

Also I see no spa credit listed. I know the amount has changed but is it gone altogether?

29 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

On their website under Plat benefits currently they list $500 w/o stating that it is per cabin and not per person while obviously other perks are per person (free cruise, no deviation fees, PPG, etc)

Also I see no spa credit listed. I know the amount has changed but is it gone altogether?

image.thumb.png.566e0462cb99941e0a4ce343207032cb.png

4 hours ago, Paulchili said:

You may be looking at an older chart. The spa credit did temporarily disappear during the transition from Canyon Ranch to Aquamar.

15 hours ago, LHT28 said:

SBC is per cabin.

When you start getting the O Club gratuities, still ask your TA to cover them (in addition to the commission sharing). If that deal with the TA works to your benefit (grats not subtracted from commission share- rather done with TA consortium or O incentive $), O will then give you $250 “in lieu” of their gratuities coverage.

Lyn & FF - thank you for refreshing my memory. Maybe I need a new brain chip (along with all other vital body parts replaced )😀

Is the TA given OBC refundable vs status OBC which is not?

Edited by Paulchili
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Lyn & FF - thank you for refreshing my memory. Maybe I need a new brain chip (along with all other vital body parts replaced )😀

Is the TA given OBC refundable vs status OBC which is not?

As far as I know, any TA specified gratuities are non-refundable (I.e., not convertible to refundable SBC). That’s why I suggest getting the TA gratuities (as long as it doesn’t subtract from any commission sharing they’re giving you). In that way, you also get the O Club “in lieu” $250 (if you’re status is high enough)..