Testing, Testing re Icelandic Adventure 10 Sept

Is anyone here on this cruise and like me, wondering what is required re testing before we get to Iceland?

I've looked on my booking with Tui and all the information re covid test etc is related to flying to/from your destination and nothing in the info is geared towards international cruises leaving from the UK.

I know we will be tested at the cruise terminal prior to boarding at Newcastle, but we don't arrive in Reykjavik until day 6 so do we need to fill in the Iceland pre-arrival online form before we arrive
https://visit.covid.is/
or is this aspect done by TUI as part of the cruise?

Also for arrival back in the UK, we will depart Iceland on Day 8 and sail to Orkney, arriving Day 11 so will we need to take our own covid test kit with us to take prior to arrival back at a UK port - and if this needs to be submitted online how do we manage that if we're out at sea?  or will this be done by TUI on the ship? 

I've looked on TUI's website, My Booking etc and can't find any information. Tried to get through on phone to ask but gave up waiting on hold for an adviser.

Obviously, this could all change a dozen times before we set sail the way things chop and change/u-turn at the mo so who knows what we'll need. It's all just sooooo confusing not knowing what we need to do 🤪

Edited by JuneDavid

• 1 month later...

We are on this cruise, sailing in 2 days, and we've found the information from Marella to be confusing, disjointed and even contradictory. Even on the phone they've given me 2 differing version of requirements - why on earth couldn't they have sent a simple instruction saying what everyone needs to do and when, tailored for that cruise?! We used the testing company they strongly advised us to use - Chronomics - who have been worse than abysmal! We are travelling from the tip of Cornwall to Newcastle and the kits haven't turned up (and the kits it said I needed when I bought them were also one short from what I was told later!). I contacted them 3 times - twice by the supposed priority enquiry form for Tui customers - and not a single response. Heaven knows if we'll get yo Iceland or not!! I would d have expected better from Tui.... 

Edited by HolidayDad
Typo