Celebrity Edge/Apex - Category ES single stateroom with infinite veranda

Cruiser Nonna

First, let me apologize if this has been covered - I did post on Celebrity board but no one has the answers - so am hopeful that someone here can help with the following who have either seen this category or hopefully have sailed in it - I know that it is a much smaller cabin made for solo traveler but for a long cruise - albeit much less expensive for a single - questions as follows

Queen bed - is their storage beneath the bed?

Pictures shows single closet and no drawers?

A small nook with two small shelves - again no drawers?

I had read that the bathroom is the same size as other cabins but appears smaller?

Is there a drawer in the bathroom under the sink?

The infinite veranda appears same size as others?

If you have sailed in this category - your pros and cons?  Would you sail in this category again for longer than 7 nights?

Any answers and thoughts - greatly appreciated - Stay well and safe

5 hours ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

First, let me apologize if this has been covered - I did post on Celebrity board but no one has the answers - so am hopeful that someone here can help with the following who have either seen this category or hopefully have sailed in it - I know that it is a much smaller cabin made for solo traveler but for a long cruise - albeit much less expensive for a single - questions as follows

Queen bed - is their storage beneath the bed?

Pictures shows single closet and no drawers?

A small nook with two small shelves - again no drawers?

I had read that the bathroom is the same size as other cabins but appears smaller?

Is there a drawer in the bathroom under the sink?

The infinite veranda appears same size as others?

If you have sailed in this category - your pros and cons?  Would you sail in this category again for longer than 7 nights?

Any answers and thoughts - greatly appreciated - Stay well and safe

To my surprise, there was a grand total of *one* cabin tour on YouTube, at least that I could find! It's pretty thorough though, and points out all the storage areas (nope, no drawers anywhere).

Celebrity Edge Single Stateroom room tour

• Thanks 3

Thank you - looking at this - still cannot tell if luggage will go under bed

Bathroom looks smaller than other videos of infinite staterooms

Was hoping that someone who had booked this category would respond - but strange - nothing on Celebrity and not here - so whoever is booking these categories both on Edge and Apex are not responding.  So appreciate your time looking at the video - Stay well and safe

• 2 weeks later...

I don't sail until October 16th, and am booked in this style of cabin, and funny enough the exact one that the above video gives a tour. It maybe too late for you, but I'll be happy to post back if my suitcase fits under the bed or not, as I had that same question! 

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of booking one of these cabins.  The overall room size gives my pause because I don't like feeling cramped.  However, the price difference between this room any other balcony is significant.

As for the bed question, I don't see why the bed height would be different from other beds on the ship.  What would be the advantage of lowering a bed? There wouldn't be any extra square footage gained by doing this.  

You are correct to be concerned about storage space.  Suitcases can always be given to the cabin steward for storage, but here's a review from 2018 on the Single Veranda Cabin:

Edge Single Veranda Stateroom

I had a solo cabin on deck 6...VERY BIG MISTAKE!!! I was expecting a small cabin, which was fine, but it lacked adequate storage space. The view was obstructed by the hydronics that raised and lowered the life boats. But then I noticed many of the cabins on deck 6 had the obstruction be it a solo cabin or a double cabin. My advice is to avoid deck 6 altogether. The bathroom and shower were a very decent size for a solo cabin. Bottom line I would still avoid the solo cabins and spend a little more money for a double cabin on a higher deck.

• 1 year later...

Late to this thread but thought I would post for anyone else coming across it.  I had one of these rooms on the Edge.  Second the opinion that I would not book on Deck 6 again due to the obstructed views but I did enjoy the single cabin and loved the extra space of the infinity veranda.  Luggage fit under the bed, the bathroom was lovely but there were few storage drawers.  If the single cabins were on a deck other than 6, I would book another in a minute.  I’m sorry, I don’t remember the specifics about drawers but have attached a few photos that might help.

7E725FF0-76A2-406A-AAE8-4A2E37C12451.jpeg

69AF75BE-8737-4EE6-9636-598B1F0610E4.jpeg

11C8AE98-68F6-4637-B663-AEFAB6F18B9D.jpeg

ED3DFE41-81EF-4FDE-82B2-FF6B8EB9EB99.jpeg

F36477DD-AC56-457A-9F46-3DE3ED901E4D.jpeg

0C007A9C-DBDB-4F31-AA76-5C5CBE16A592.jpeg

• Like 2

I love this cabin type, have sailed in it four times and have four more cruises booked in this class.  The cabin seemed large to me.  The floor to ceiling window and IV make it seem roomy.  The lack of drawer space is correct, maybe there are two.  I’ve solved this by bringing a couple of collapsible packing cubes.  I put my non hanging clothes in these cubes and put those in the corner of the room which keeps the room neat.  The suitcase does fit under the bed.  Another advantage is that I like to book the all inclusive fare, I.e. including drinks, gratuities and wi fi.  Sometimes in a “normal” cabin that allows two passengers, Celebrity may charge double for the AI fare.  

On 3/27/2023 at 2:10 PM, ILgirl said:

Celebrity may charge double for the AI fare.  

I do know that Holland America Line does not charge double for their "Have it All" package for a solo.  At least there's that.  Cabins with verandas and up have always been double for me on HAL. 🙁

~Nancy

On 3/27/2023 at 2:10 PM, ILgirl said:

I love this cabin type, have sailed in it four times and have four more cruises booked in this class.  The cabin seemed large to me.  The floor to ceiling window and IV make it seem roomy.  The lack of drawer space is correct, maybe there are two.  I’ve solved this by bringing a couple of collapsible packing cubes.  I put my non hanging clothes in these cubes and put those in the corner of the room which keeps the room neat.  The suitcase does fit under the bed.  Another advantage is that I like to book the all inclusive fare, I.e. including drinks, gratuities and wi fi.  Sometimes in a “normal” cabin that allows two passengers, Celebrity may charge double for the AI fare.  

What’s the best way to search for this cabin type across different cruises?

I’m not sure I understand your question but I’ll take a shot at answering just the same. The ES class cabins are on the Edge class ships only.  Edge, Apex, Beyond and Ascent.  If you do a mock booking online of a cruise you are interested in when you have to select a cabin type select veranda.  It then lists the various veranda types and the ES cabin class will be shown as the last one listed if there are any available for that sailing.  I hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2023 at 11:41 PM, oakridger said:

I do know that Holland America Line does not charge double for their "Have it All" package for a solo.  At least there's that.  Cabins with verandas and up have always been double for me on HAL. 🙁

~Nancy

I am sailing on the Rotterdam in Oct on a transatlantic sailing. I only had to pay for one HAVE IT ALL PACKAGE.

Just now, Rudi-Cruiser said:

I am sailing on the Rotterdam in Oct on a transatlantic sailing. I only had to pay for one HAVE IT ALL PACKAGE.

Just now, Rudi-Cruiser said:

I got a great price when they had a sale and only paid a 50% supplement Look for the sale.