Season Nov ‘21- February ‘22, Cruises to South America Cancelling?

dreamercruise

Well, it appears that Chile has re-opened, sort of.  You have to be vaccinated and have medical insurance for covid in excess of 30K.  Most of the South American cruises require Chile and Argentina, even Uruguay can be excluded.  If any more cruises gets cancelled, I suspect it will be because they can't fill the ships with enough people to make it worth their while.  

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked the Norwegian Star for Jan. 30-Feb. 13, 2022, round trip to Buenos Aires. There's another sailing scheduled from Jan. 16-30, but that looks like the first one NCL is running in 2022. They canceled all of the earlier sailings on the Star. We pulled this in from 2023 because NCL canceled our Panama Canal sailing in January 2022. We will have to see what happens.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, deec said:

what are you feeling now?  We are still keeping fingers crossed for late February on Viking.

From going by what is being reported on the current Viking visit there, I do not feel comfortable for late February although there are other reasons we will not make it then.  

It seems that if current conditions were bad enough for Viking to cancel, they would do so for the next SA cruise departure which is imminent.  Since we haven’t seen anything announced yet, perhaps they intend to go forward with the season.

Our package is still a go.  They have paid for the tickets for the flights, so we have confirmed seats.  We have to jump through hoops to  be allowed into Chile, but I have already started the process.  I am so looking forward to this.  I feel very confident in Silverseas and their protocol.  I am unsure about disembarking in Buenos Aires or Iguazu falls, but we will roll with it.

• Thanks 1