Looking for some Recommendations Please - BEST Drinks!

wemjam

15 hours ago, wemjam said:

After a horrendous day at work today, one final thought for the night before bed as I contemplate the days, hours, minutes and seconds until I set foot on the Sunrise in a coupe weeks.

So for the first time we now have Cheers on all 4 of our cruises this year!  Since I have the extra drinks to play with due to the great price we got, I would like to try out some new things (not so worried if I hate it, since I will never get close to 15 drinks a day so I can always discard one or two if they aren't my cup of tea after trying it).

I drink for flavor and don't like when the alcohol is really strong - ya you know the froufrou drinks.  The drinks I know I like are Strawberry Daquiri, Pina Colada, Miami Vice, a Good Margarita, and recently tried Banana Daquiri on Carnival and that was tasty.  My new all time favorite though is the Tiramisu on board - so yummy.  So this gives you some idea of my taste buds.

Any suggestions would be welcome please on what I should try along these lines.  Looking forward to exploring!

The Cuban iced tea and the espresso martini from Havana bar are quite tasty. Really enjoyed the infused Bloody Mary from Pig and Anchor as well. 

Just now, Cruise Related said:

The Cuban iced tea and the espresso martini from Havana bar are quite tasty. Really enjoyed the infused Bloody Mary from Pig and Anchor as well. 

Thanks!  That reminded me I wanted to try Bloody Mary.  Never had one, but I like tomato juice and V8 so thinking I might like it!

Just now, wemjam said:

Thanks!  That reminded me I wanted to try Bloody Mary.  Never had one, but I like tomato juice and V8 so thinking I might like it!

They are quite tasty! Pig and Anchor does it up too! Bacon, stuffed olives, and random other stuff. The best part is the veggie infused vodka they used. Talk about yum! 

Put me on the Alchemy bar list, especially when it isn't busy. Don't even bother with the menu. Talk to the bar tenders and let them know what you like and don't like. Let them make you something that matches your preferences. When you get the drink, talk to them about what you liked or didn't like about it. I've had them even add a little something to a drink I was already drinking to change it in a way they thought I would like. A good bartender there is priceless if you want to try something new.

Caution: They have habanero infused something or other there. She asked if she could make me a spicy drink on the last night of the cruise. It tasted amazing until my nose started running and eyes started watering. So, be warned, if you tell them you like spicy food be prepared for the HEAT! 

15 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

I guess I'm the only weirdo who really doesn't like Alchemy at all, lol... I love frozen, fruity, tropical drinks and am just not big on cocktails. There's just not one thing on their menu that I've ever wanted to try, and several that I wouldn't try even on a dare. 🙃 But that just means one more seat available for you Alchemy fans!

Just so you know, I rarely order off the menu.  Talk to the staff and see if there's something they can do based on what you do like.  They prefer drinks like that to the menu drinks anyway.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

Put me on the Alchemy bar list, especially when it isn't busy. Don't even bother with the menu. Talk to the bar tenders and let them know what you like and don't like. Let them make you something that matches your preferences. When you get the drink, talk to them about what you liked or didn't like about it. I've had them even add a little something to a drink I was already drinking to change it in a way they thought I would like. A good bartender there is priceless if you want to try something new.

Caution: They have habanero infused something or other there. She asked if she could make me a spicy drink on the last night of the cruise. It tasted amazing until my nose started running and eyes started watering. So, be warned, if you tell them you like spicy food be prepared for the HEAT! 

NO worries on that, I don't do spicy so would say NO for sure if someone asked, thanks for warning though!

6 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

It’s even better when they toss in the habanero stuffed olives! Mmm they made me a spicy dirty smoked martini once. So freaking good. 

• Like 1

Alchemy all day bruh.

A couple of years ago when all was well and right in the world, Ioanna on the Victory made me something that was almost an Old Fashioned, but featuring a little bit of aztec chocolate bitters, Filthy Cherries, and some nice top-flight Scotch.

I won't even try to make it at home because that's my damn cruise drink, and that's where I want to be.

6 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

I guess I'm the only weirdo who really doesn't like Alchemy at all, lol... I love frozen, fruity, tropical drinks and am just not big on cocktails. There's just not one thing on their menu that I've ever wanted to try, and several that I wouldn't try even on a dare. 🙃 But that just means one more seat available for you Alchemy fans!

Thank you as many times the place gets crowded.

12 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Thank you as many times the place gets crowded.

Agreed, every time we have gone by it is very busy.  Maybe why we haven't tried it before.  That and the simple fact that normally we just maybe have 1 drink a day if that.  Now that we have cheers and are going to try new things though, I can see how that might the be BEST place to get a margarita for sure.  Imagine the ingredients might be fresher instead of just a premade mix?  So will have to at least stop by once to try that.

1 minute ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

Try a Moscow mule or a strawberry pina daqueritalada (rum, vodka, and tequila)

I will have to right that one down and hand it to them - That's a mouth full!

22 hours ago, wemjam said:

My new all time favorite though is the Tiramisu on board - so yummy. 

I love the Tiramisu Martini!!!!  My go to is a Grey Goose Cosmo, but after dinner, it's tiramisu all the way.  So smooth and yummy. 

8 hours ago, vacruisin said:

As many have already mentioned, the Alchemy Bar has the best drinks on Carnival's fleet.  You can't go wrong with anything on that menu.

I suggest you try "The Remedy".  That is MY favorite Alchemy bar drink.   

image.png.6b08fe3fe13ae8fbaa2ae46d904523d1.png

Looks good. I will be visiting this location on my upcoming visit. But that choco butterscotch monstrosity certainly was attractive as well. In fact butterscotch is one of my favorite flavors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

image.png.6b08fe3fe13ae8fbaa2ae46d904523d1.png

Looks good. I will be visiting this location on my upcoming visit. But that choco butterscotch monstrosity certainly was attractive as well. In fact butterscotch is one of my favorite flavors.

What choco butterscotch monstrosity?! I uh my wife wants to know! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

This is the official Carnival recipe for it:

1/2 SHOT IRISH CREAM
1/3 SHOT BUTTERSCOTCH SCHNAPPS
1/4 SHOT KAHLUA
1/2 SHOT GOSLINGS BLACK SEAL
3 SQUIRTS GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE SYRUP
2.5 OZ ICE CREAM MIX

Just behold this gloriousness...

mcg.jpg

6 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

What choco butterscotch monstrosity?! I uh my wife wants to know! 

See above! Mocha Chocolate Getaway. I would probably ask if they would substitute all butterscotch schnapps for the Kahlua but it looks pretty darn good as is.

Edited by KmomChicago

4 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

See above! Mocha Chocolate Getaway. I would probably ask if they would substitute all butterscotch schnapps for the Kahlua but it looks pretty darn good as is.

Oh! I’ve had that! Definitely delicious! Darn it, now I need one, like right now, in my mouth. Thanks! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, wemjam said:

OOOO that sounds really good too.  I forgot to mention I used to always drink Kahlua and Cream and about 2 years ago was on a flight and decided to do a Bailey's on ice... OMG, I literally said out loud to my husband - Bailey's! Where have you been all my life?

We first had it on a Caribbean cruise (back in the day) from a guy slinging drinks from a trailer sunken into the sand at Meghan's Bay. Sitting in the sand as the waves lapped at our feet drinking those was HEAVEN!

On 7/27/2021 at 8:39 PM, wemjam said:

After a horrendous day at work today, one final thought for the night before bed as I contemplate the days, hours, minutes and seconds until I set foot on the Sunrise in a coupe weeks.

So for the first time we now have Cheers on all 4 of our cruises this year!  Since I have the extra drinks to play with due to the great price we got, I would like to try out some new things (not so worried if I hate it, since I will never get close to 15 drinks a day so I can always discard one or two if they aren't my cup of tea after trying it).

I drink for flavor and don't like when the alcohol is really strong - ya you know the froufrou drinks.  The drinks I know I like are Strawberry Daquiri, Pina Colada, Miami Vice, a Good Margarita, and recently tried Banana Daquiri on Carnival and that was tasty.  My new all time favorite though is the Tiramisu on board - so yummy.  So this gives you some idea of my taste buds.

Any suggestions would be welcome please on what I should try along these lines.  Looking forward to exploring!

Good for you Wemjam!

Edited by marne001
typo!