Ten Breakfast Venue Choices On Mardi Gras

SNJCruisers

Everyone is already familiar with the basic choices of the MDR (1), buffet (2) and Blue Iguana (3).  It has been previously mentioned that additional options include Shaq's Big Chicken (4), Emeril's (5), and Chibang (6).  Now John Heald mentioned on FB today that additional places are JavaBlue (7), Guy's Pig & Anchor (8), Cucina del Capitano (9), and finally Guy's Burgers (10).   Some of these places will just be serving sandwiches (4, 7, 10), while others will have sit down options.

I think this is a great way to spread everybody out so that the buffet is not congested and it will give cruisers quick options if they have an early port excursion.  Looks like it should be a winner and if successful possibly spread to other ships in the fleet.

As a side note, he mentioned that for the foreseeable future Cucina del Capitano as well as Chibang will be complimentary on the Mardi Gras and reservations can be obtained for YTD patrons via the HUB App once you get onboard and for set dining patrons, they have to reserve on board at each of the two individual locations.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Are Emeril's and JavaBlue no-fee for breakfast?  I had not seen that about breakfast at Chibang. Definitely exciting news. Cucina and Pig and Anchor look pretty spacious and I agree this will help manage the numbers of people swarming in for breakfast. Good to see them planning thoughtfully after seeing so much griping about poor design of Vista class ships, as well as gripes about how Carnival packs on more pax per ton than other lines.  Really doesn't matter as long as it is well managed and everyone is accommodated in an efficient and comfortable manner.

Spoiled for choice and it will be near impossible to experience it all in one cruise. We do have YTD so that explains how to handle those dinner reservations and we will definitely prioritize on the Hub app once onboard. Thanks SNJ! Just ten more days until cruise number 11 for Kmom. Seems somehow appropriate that this one will go to 11. 

Edited by KmomChicago

10 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Are Emeril's and JavaBlue no-fee for breakfast?  I had not seen that about breakfast at Chibang. Definitely exciting news. Cucina and Pig and Anchor look pretty spacious and I agree this will help manage the numbers of people swarming in for breakfast. Good to see them planning thoughtfully after seeing so much griping about poor design of Vista class ships, as well as gripes about how Carnival packs on more pax per ton than other lines.  Really doesn't matter as long as it is well managed and everyone is accommodated in an efficient and comfortable manner.

Spoiled for choice and it will be near impossible to experience it all in one cruise. We do have YTD so that explains how to handle those dinner reservations and we will definitely prioritize on the Hub app once onboard. Thanks SNJ! Just ten more days until cruise number 11 for Kmom. Seems somehow appropriate that this one will go to 11. 

Java Blue is free and will serve sandwiches.  Have to assume that Emeril's will cost money and bananas foster french toast would seem to be the type of food served.  Since dinner will be free, we'll do 4 nights at Cucina, 2 nights at Chibang and 1 cruise elegant night in the MDR, whichever night they have Grand Marnier Souffle. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Java Blue is free and will serve sandwiches.  Have to assume that Emeril's will cost money and bananas foster french toast would seem to be the type of food served.  Since dinner will be free, we'll do 4 nights at Cucina, 2 nights at Chibang and 1 cruise elegant night in the MDR, whichever night they have Grand Marnier Souffle. 

Gotcha. I plan to do just one night at Cucina and Chibang each, though I guess if we love them and there is space on subsequent nights we could change our minds. I feel like they will fill up quick as this cruise will be a lot of experienced and high tier people who actually know what they are doing. Already have steak house one night. We will do MDR probably 2 NON elegant nights only as nobody in my group wants to get formal and I decided I don't actually want to go in and dine all dressed up alone or with a group of strangers. That leaves the possibility of the buffet, Smokehouse, Sushi, or Emeril's for dinners. More than we can fit in. 

I remember those days on cruises where everyone ate dinner every night in the dining room, because it was really the only option, and if it was dress up night, y'all dressed up. Period. The tables were all full for early and late seating because people wanted fed.   

Would love to see these menus.   Already knew about  Shaq's breakfast biscuits.  But Dw would go crazy over Emeril's French toast.  Wondering if Chibaqng will do an egg/protein bao or just compete with Blue Iguana for burritos and huevos.

4 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Would love to see these menus.   Already knew about  Shaq's breakfast biscuits.  But Dw would go crazy over Emeril's French toast.  Wondering if Chibaqng will do an egg/protein bao or just compete with Blue Iguana for burritos and huevos.

On JH's FB, he posted the menu for Guy's burgers.  There were 4 choices, two of which were basically variations of a guy's burger with a fried egg.  The intriguing one had a turkey sausage patty, bacon, provolone cheese and a maple gravy on french toast.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

The variety of food choices on the Mardi Gras is incredible. I can't wait for my cruise!

Literally......double digit choices for all 3 meals. And Cucina and Chibang are free at dinnertime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Literally......double digit choices for all 3 meals. And Cucina and Chibang are free at dinnertime.

I already have a reservation for Cucina and am really looking forward to trying many of the new food options on this cruise.

• Like 1

All that I generally seek out is where the Eggs Benedict can be found. Other than the buffet, is the MDR and La Cucina the two spots on the Mardi Gras where they serve that (from what's been released so far)?

Tom

6 hours ago, mondello said:

And if you can not decide which one tickles your fancy, you can order from 11) Room Service.

Or grab a pizza, or have it delivered to you.  Hey, it's open 24/7 - which includes the breakfast hours.  I don't judge. 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

On JH's FB, he posted the menu for Guy's burgers.  There were 4 choices, two of which were basically variations of a guy's burger with a fried egg.  The intriguing one had a turkey sausage patty, bacon, provolone cheese and a maple gravy on french toast.

OH! the Grease!!😆

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Has anyone seen breakfast menus for chibang, pig/anchor, Cucina, Java blue?

No....did see that the breakfast menu at Emeril's costs $5.00.  Saw an out of focus shot on FB, but I could discern sweet potato waffles.

• Like 1