UK International cruise ban to be lifted

govanguy

Also double vaccinated travellers from  the US won’t have to isolate when arriving in the UK. Although they will still have to take the required tests.  Pity the US still won’t let UK travellers in. 

16 hours ago, Merly said:

Also double vaccinated travellers from  the US won’t have to isolate when arriving in the UK. Although they will still have to take the required tests.  Pity the US still won’t let UK travellers in. 

True.

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for posting.

Not as clear as it seems. The FO's advice now is that we still have to obey the restrictions from the Amber or Red list in every port the ship docks even if we don't get off. What that means in practice I have no idea it needs rapid clarification. Our TA is still a no go.

11 hours ago, the penguins said:

True.

Not as clear as it seems. The FO's advice now is that we still have to obey the restrictions from the Amber or Red list in every port the ship docks even if we don't get off. What that means in practice I have no idea it needs rapid clarification. Our TA is still a no go.

We have made the decision today to cancel our TA on the Apex as there is still no decision about allowing UK passengers into the USA. We have had enough of the ‘will we won’t we’ be able to go.  It’s a shame, this was a replacement for a South America cruise that was cancelled. The advice may change again, and it may turn out that we could have gone but we felt we had to make a decision. We have moved to Silhouette from the UK in October and yes there might still be issues but we feel more confident about getting on this one  🤞

11 hours ago, downsmead said:

@the penguins - do you mean you personally cannot do the TA due to U.K. restrictions or that the TA itself is a no go? I presume the former as others can now come to the U.K. to pick up the TA.

Sorry for any confusion hope this clarifies the position:

1) no UK citizen can take the cruise until the US lifts it's ban on us entering the USA. The ban is unlikely to be lifted before October or if you prefer how it was reported in the US "in September or later".

3) I speculated if Celebrity would operate the cruise purely for Americans.

4) in the meantime the exact rules for allowing double vaccinated Americans to visit the UK without quarantining have been published and the rules are not quite as simple as the headlines suggested:

1) proof of double vaccination required.

2) proof of US residency required.

3) negative test before flying

4) another test within 2 days of arrival (lateral flow or PCR)

5) another PCR test 48 to 72 hours before sailing to meet Celebrity's requirements.

These uncertainties have already caused some to cancel.

Unless the price drops substantially (for us it is 80% higher than the 2019 crossing with no extra benefits) then we will cancel before final payment is due.

• Like 1

I cancelled two cruises, 4 hotels and airfare last week. Too much chance of a problem. Booked Alaska instead. The Brits did not announce elimination of 10 day quarantinein time. Final pay was do on one cruise. Princess did not move the date. The otherwas Cu ard. Now I am a first time Aqua Blue.

I agree the TA is still far too much unknown and dependant on so many factors.

It is bad enough with the U.K. round trip Canary sailing sorting out testing 3 days before entering the U.K. again and then a PCR test before we go and when we get back. I also have a short trip across the channel later (4 days) when this criteria would apply 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I agree the TA is still far too much unknown and dependant on so many factors.

It is bad enough with the U.K. round trip Canary sailing sorting out testing 3 days before entering the U.K. again and then a PCR test before we go and when we get back. I also have a short trip across the channel later (4 days) when this criteria would apply 🤷‍♀️

Following closely -- what will Celebrity offer re testing for international guests. Also any idea of capacity will this be 50% ?

I messaged them on a social media site and the reply was that details would be sent nearer the time! Perhaps once Celebrity has sorted out what they are going to do, or they are waiting to see what are the requirements nearer the sailing.

Seems more like a pacifying Govt PR lift than an actual meaningful lift.. What cruise company can actually sail anywhere with the lift when the red, amber, amber +, green (and coming soon about every other colour no doubt)traffic light system still means anything can change anytime..  I cant see a cruise company taking the risk its itinerary cant be remotely guaranteed (its less an issue for a staycation(god i hate that word))