UK TO ALLOW INTERNATIONAL CRUISING

dalliowner

1 hour ago, auldlassie said:

From what I have read this is only for international cruises DEPARTING FROM THE UK. Not sure about returning back to the UK, but definitely departing from, so it is not a lot of good to me. 😞 

Government website states “ starting calling or ending at ports outside of the UK”

It does not state only for cruises departing from UK

• Like 1

Thanks Jane, I saw on the Silversea board that the new guidance was put up earlier today on the FCDO website, then removed again after a while, so it seems to be back up in an amended format now which is clearer, although lots of websites, like BBC,  still saying this applied to cruises "from the UK". Clearly there is a bit of confusion around Mr Schapps's quotes earlier today.

I notice that if you hit the "see all updates button on that FCDO page it still comes up as 

1. 28 July 2021

Updated guidance following the UK government's announcement that international cruise sailings can restart from England, in line with Public Health England guidance.

Reports in the media that this new guidance generated yesterday, e.g. the one in Travel Weekly and a website article on BBC, were similarly reporting the "sailings from England" line. I live in Scotland and need to be sure I can get insurance correctly, so clarity is vital. Whilst I agree with others here that the intention was to make international cruise travel for all UK passengers insurable again, this is so unclear I cannot help wonder if Mr Schapps, whose comments yesterday to the media were also unclear, could not seek an amendment to the wording here,  just in case idiots seem to be in charge.  Oh...wait....   🙂