Covid19 on Celebrity Edge

myn

12 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

1) Took a vid of the Kate’s announcement; ignore the video unless you want to see a porthole room (lol)

2) Missed the beginning of the announcement

actually wd love to see  a porthole room as I have not before!  Does it have a balcony and window? Thank you for recording for us. Many prayers that this is your only excitement for the cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mom says said:

JMO, but as long as the pandemic exists, a cruise without at least one positive  case will be the exception; not the norm.

Totally agree with this, and hopefully most cruisers now realize this and there's no surprises. JMO with the sailings learning curve the cruise lines protocols will be constantly improved.

(OT even in our 21 story condo building in FL today a sign appeared in the elevator that a resident is in the hospital with COVID and that "you might want to wear your mask in public areas". I fully expect there will be more cases here and am thinking with the number of residents/tourists in and out of here daily it's the same as being on a ship, but with a lot less testing LOL)

I think I have a good idea of what part of their contact tracing protocol is and I do applaud them and understand scouring video footage can take a while.  I was at the buffet and then the pool (the busiest deck and the same deck as the buffet).  I’ve seen three (guessing there’s more) crewmen in light blue shirts with lapels wearing face masks, officers generally wear white shirts and 99% of the crew isn’t wearing face masks.  They’re carrying multiple paper printouts with headshot pictures on them,  they’re all clearly attempting to locate these people.  My best guess is for contact tracing but it could be for something else.

I have not seen crew in light blue shirts, in masks, carrying paper printouts with mug shots before today and have spent a lot of time on the pool deck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I think I have a good idea of what part of their contact tracing protocol is and I do applaud them and understand scouring video footage can take a while.  I was at the buffet and then the pool (the busiest deck and the same deck as the buffet).  I’ve seen three (guessing there’s more) crewmen in light blue shirts with lapels wearing face masks, officers generally wear white shirts and 99% of the crew isn’t wearing face masks.  They’re carrying multiple paper printouts with headshot pictures on them,  they’re all clearly attempting to locate these people.  My best guess is for contact tracing but it could be for something else.

I have not seen crew in light blue shirts, in masks, carrying paper printouts with mug shots before today and have spent a lot of time on the pool deck.

Unless they were looking for any unvaccinated folks not wearing their wristbands (if that's still a requirement) or not wearing their masks. No, unvaccinated folks wouldn't do something like that.

• Haha 1

I would have thought that they would compare those pictures with the ones taken for the cruise card to identify the passengers - that way they would have a name and cabin number rather than trying to pick out a passenger to match a picture 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Are you guys wearing the tracelets on this ship?

No.  But I think the app has geo tracking capabilities?   Curious

3 hours ago, stinkyenglishteacher said:

I’d be willing to bet there’s plenty of data from the app. 

That's what I am thinking

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Have the affected people been evacuated from the ship?

Maybe...  An Ambulance JUST showed up..

20210728_185835.jpg

20210728_185828.jpg

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I saw those guys, too. 

Looks like our sail away is now delayed. We suspect the ambulance is indication of either something that happened in Cosomel or extraction of the positive covid 19 patient.  Stay tuned

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

1) Took a vid of the Kate’s announcement; ignore the video unless you want to see a porthole room (lol); made it for the audio

2) Missed the beginning of the announcement

Off topic, sorry i couldn't send you a PM, it's disabled.  Can you hear the morning announcements in the room?  Unless i'm missing something. i have to open the door to our room to hear the 10am announcements every morning if i'm in the room.

31 minutes ago, myn said:

Maybe...  An Ambulance JUST showed up..

20210728_185835.jpg

20210728_185828.jpg

Everyone's worst cruise nightmare!

Prayers for safe travel home ..

• Like 2

Just got word from Captain Kate that the reason we are late sailing away tonight is due to evacuation of the COVID-19 patient.  

Edited by myn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, conodor said:

Off topic, sorry i couldn't send you a PM, it's disabled.  Can you hear the morning announcements in the room?  Unless i'm missing something. i have to open the door to our room to hear the 10am announcements every morning if i'm in the room.

That's how it works..open the door to hear or warch on TV if posted.

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

In the past they have always removed the positive travel party at the first port and transported them home by air ambulance.  If that is the case the ambulance is most likely for infection control vs symptoms.

Spot on.  That's what just happened.  Transported home on behalf of Royal Carriben.  Full expenses paid.  Love ❤️ Celebrity and Royal.

• Like 1

Too bad but with unvaccinated passengers on board we are likely to see more of this.   On our cruise, Seabourn, we were all vaccinated plus we each had to take a test before boarding the ship and towards the end of each week.   They are as careful as they an be but you could still have a passenger with a compromised immune system bring a COVID infection onboard.   The vaccine works well for most people but not as well for the immune compromised.  Unfortunately, quite a few cruisers are immune compromised and won’t have enough protection from the virus.

1 minute ago, myn said:

Spot on.  That's what just happened.  Transported home on behalf of Royal Carriben.  Full expenses paid.  Love ❤️ Celebrity and Royal.

On them until the end of October.   After that it's going to be on you or hopefully your travel insurance which I bet won't fly you home immediately by private transport.  More likely quarantine in a hotel until negative test and cleared to fly.   It's going to get interesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, myn said:

20210728_185828.jpg

Even if the app has geo tracking ability there is no way to guarantee everyone carries their phone or has the app.  I have the app but seldom have my phone with me.  My DH does not have a smart phone.

6 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Pretty scary that a vaccinated person can get infected on an almost fully vaccinated ship.

They could have picked it up  before they got on the ship in a plane, hotel, restaurant,  taxi or store.

• Like 5

Unfortunately, it is possible for a fully vaccinated individual to contract Covid and be asymptomatic. I have three friends, all in excellent health with no underlying conditions,  two of whom were asymptomatic and one who had symptoms that many vaccinated people would have ignored. A couple I know went to get their required Covid tests to sail out of St.Martin. Both were asymptomatic and tested positive. Another friend had mild symptoms- fatigue, a headache, and general feeling of, to use her word, “ick.” Just to be safe, she got tested and was positive. Her doctor said that “you will be fine after 10 days.” She got tested on day 12 and is still positive for Covid. She feels absolutely fine.

It is entirely possible to be fully  vaccinated and still contract Covid. Therefore, there could easily be vaccinated individuals on a cruise ship who have asymptomatic Covid. 

Yes, I have read the studies that say asymptomatic individuals do not have the viral load that a person with symptoms does, and may therefore, not spread the virus. I hope that is true. I think, in my humble opinion, it might be prudent for cruise lines to test all passengers as part of the embarkation process.. As I said, my opinion, feel free to disagree and flame me.

Edited by Straughn
  • Like 4

I agree with you Cool Cruiser-we just pulled out of our Sept cruise because of what is happening now-we were guaranteed that no one would be allowed on the ship that wasn't vaccinated.....Well you can see how that is going.  You cannot go forward with and try to revive this industry half aXXed!  I am sure by mid August or early September they would have been in trouble anyways with ports having curfew and closing as such-it is a shame.  I do hope we can resume travel soon----longing to be back on the water.  I do hope you come back safely and healthy!