Thinking of cruise from Petra /Mumbai in Jan 2024

Lvshack

Have been to India several times but not untill march !!! Never done Egypt.. etc at all so not sure what the weather would be like in Jan !!! The price is fantastic !!! Even with upgrade to business class flights from London !!! Any thoughts on time of year to travel there???🚢

From whereandwhen.net:

"

Climate of Mumbai in january

THE CLIMATE OF MUMBAI IN JANUARY IS PERFECT

the weather in Mumbai in january is dry ; it never rains.

The climate is very warm in that locality in january. The high seasonal norm is 86°F. On average, the recorded minimum temperature is 77°F. Thus, the mean temperature average on this month of january in Mumbai is 81°F. Note that these seasonal averages are in contrast with those observed in Mumbai in january with a maximum record of 92°F in 2014 and a minimum record of 70°F in 2011. You can plan to have about 16 days with temperatures above 86°F, or 52 of the month.

On average, in Mumbai, the days of january last 11:06. The sun rises at 07:15 and sunset is at 18:21.

With a perfect weather, january is recommended to go in this locality in India."

13 hours ago, goletans said:

From whereandwhen.net:

"

Climate of Mumbai in january

THE CLIMATE OF MUMBAI IN JANUARY IS PERFECT

the weather in Mumbai in january is dry ; it never rains.

The climate is very warm in that locality in january. The high seasonal norm is 86°F. On average, the recorded minimum temperature is 77°F. Thus, the mean temperature average on this month of january in Mumbai is 81°F. Note that these seasonal averages are in contrast with those observed in Mumbai in january with a maximum record of 92°F in 2014 and a minimum record of 70°F in 2011. You can plan to have about 16 days with temperatures above 86°F, or 52 of the month.

On average, in Mumbai, the days of january last 11:06. The sun rises at 07:15 and sunset is at 18:21.

With a perfect weather, january is recommended to go in this locality in India."

Thank you for your kind reply regards to my weather question ... Seems like it's will be hot hot hot 🔥🔥

16 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Never done Egypt.. etc at all so not sure what the weather would be like in Jan !!! The price is fantastic !!! Even with upgrade to business class flights from London !!! Any thoughts on time of year to travel there???🚢

While we have not been to India and Mumbai at any time or during this January period, we did spend time in late November and early December for Egypt, Jordan/Petra, Middle East, etc.  Our weather during this period?  Super WONDERFUL!!

Yes, you can go to website such as Weather Underground and look up the historic weather for the specific dates in various cities and locations.  

Need proof and evidence?  You can look through my live/blog connected below for that "adventure" and see various visuals as to how amazing are the experiences for Petra, Wadi Rum, Luxor, etc. For many of these areas in the Middle East, the summers can be too, too hot, making that December-January period perfect for exploring there.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

From late 2018, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East. Now at 19,859 views.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Petra and Wadi Rum are both amazing, world-class locations in Jordan.  Not to be missed as shown in my visuals!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

DSC_9066.thumb.jpeg.575531140564c9fbb2ff9affd50b3a7e.jpeg

DSC_9230.thumb.jpeg.101a7574cbbc1e6ae690505afbee4814.jpeg

DSC_9344.thumb.jpeg.40ca8bdf031009d7b1f0c8c4e19953e1.jpeg

Luxor and the Nile are also super wonderful.  Great history and significant experiences.  For our cruise, we had an overnight in Luxor, allowing more time to explore, having lunch while sailing the Nile, etc., etc.:

DSC_8469.thumb.jpeg.cee85d8e609da77e7e3d76b34d35e6d8.jpeg

DSC_8395.thumb.jpeg.5b5aa42760abe6a3410581dcc1fd4324.jpeg

DSC_8497.thumb.jpeg.98ee470013b09c0a2565cfea0a830019.jpeg

• Like 1

Just wanted to add here is that although other cruise lines offer itineraries similar to those of Silversea, I've observed that Silversea always seems to offer their cruises at the optimal times of the year. Super important to know if you plan to get off the ship 😉

5 hours ago, goletans said:

Just wanted to add here is that although other cruise lines offer itineraries similar to those of Silversea, I've observed that Silversea always seems to offer their cruises at the optimal times of the year. Super important to know if you plan to get off the ship 😉

I have to agree with this.  I have several trips coming up on SS.  I always look at dates watching for religious holidays and the like: in a 33 day trip SS has arranged the trip so that we are not in Muslim dominate countries at the start of Ramadan and we are at sea for Good Friday & Easter.  I am sure this is no accident.  I have looked at other lines with itineraries where the port day in Barcelona is Easter Sunday -- pretty much guaranteeing the day will be essentially lost.

So much for my excitement in booking a cruise on silversea website for aqaba to Mumbai in Jan 2024 ( I know long way off !!) Price including economy fights & transfer with good price to upgrade to business class looked fantastic..but alas far to good to be true as they have come back this morning & said they can't quote for flights as it's to far out the time zone..which I can appreciate but why advertise Inc flights & transfer if they can't delivery 😞 back to the drawing board 🚢

@Lvshack Wait, I'm confused. The cruise you want includes economy air, right? But because it's more than two years away, they're saying they don't know what their air contracts will be, and that  therefore they can't sell any bookings on this cruise at this time??

Or are you saying they can't give you specifics on flights? Specific flights are never available until about 9 months in advance; airlines only release schedules and open bookings 11 months in advance. Or were you looking for a business class upgrade, and they can't yet confirm a price on that? 

9 hours ago, Lvshack said:

So much for my excitement in booking a cruise on silversea website for aqaba to Mumbai in Jan 2024 ( I know long way off !!) Price including economy fights & transfer with good price to upgrade to business class looked fantastic..but alas far to good to be true as they have come back this morning & said they can't quote for flights as it's to far out the time zone..which I can appreciate but why advertise Inc flights & transfer if they can't delivery 😞 back to the drawing board 🚢

We are on Nov. 2021 Dubai to Mumbai and our Bus Class upgrade was $3,000 each round trip. I can't imagine it going up much in 2 years. That cost seemed reasonable to me. It includes the transfers also.

1 hour ago, A Tucson Guy said:

We are on Nov. 2021 Dubai to Mumbai and our Bus Class upgrade was $3,000 each round trip. I can't imagine it going up much in 2 years.

Yes, but the issue is that the cruise line may not yet have contract in place with the airlines for 2024 yet, so they can't quote prices for an upgrade yet.

Until @Lvshack replies, we don't know if the issue here is about a business class upgrade or not. The original post mentioned an advertised price for a business class update:

13 hours ago, Lvshack said:

...Booking a cruise on silversea website... price including economy fights & transfer with good price to upgrade to business class looked fantastic..but alas far to good to be true as they have come back this morning & said they can't quote for flights

But when I look at this cruise on the Silversea website, I don't see any reference to business class upgrade pricing, so we need Lvshack to clarify what the problem/discrepancy is. 

Good morning to you all.. just woken up it's 815am 😊 if I can try to explain ...

I looked on silversea site ..looked up find a cruise & chose the Jan 2024 silver moon 

Aqaba to Mumbai 16 nights ..& it came up with price £5700 for vista Inc  economy flight & transfer .. then looked at offers for this cruise which was a showing it's a Venetian sailing ..offer to upgrade to business class £99.00 per person each way ...

So you can imagine I was going jump at the chance.. so when I was told I could only be quoted for cruise only they took off £500.00 per person each  for air fare !!!

So why advertise it as all inclusive ...🤔 Does that make sense???

🚢 Have tried to send the copy..

Cruise from Aqaba (Petra) to Mumbai - MO240126016 | Silversea

18 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Good morning to you all.. just woken up it's 815am 😊 if I can try to explain ...

I looked on silversea site ..looked up find a cruise & chose the Jan 2024 silver moon 

Aqaba to Mumbai 16 nights ..& it came up with price £5700 for vista Inc  economy flight & transfer .. then looked at offers for this cruise which was a showing it's a Venetian sailing ..offer to upgrade to business class £99.00 per person each way ...

So you can imagine I was going jump at the chance.. so when I was told I could only be quoted for cruise only they took off £500.00 per person each  for air fare !!!

So why advertise it as all inclusive ...🤔 Does that make sense???

🚢 Have tried to send the copy..

Cruise from Aqaba (Petra) to Mumbai - MO240126016 | Silversea 1.38 MB · 6 downloads

Don't think my copy will download??? Try again ..as your silversea website may show the price in a different format !!! 

Cruise from Aqaba (Petra) to Mumbai - MO240126016 | Silversea

27 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

I think 99 pounds for the BC upgrade is a huge typo!!

Silversea London office rang me back this morning after my travel agent raised the query with them . they apologize for the error & that no 2024 cruises released were with flights( economy or otherwise!!!)  I said I think you need to look at the website certainly UK & have the fares removed as it's very misleading 🚢 so looking now late Oct 2023( always have to go when my husbands Motocross racing season has ended)

Although sailing in April 2022 with crystal so he will miss a few rounds then ..😞and have booked a 7 night cruise on the dawn Nov 22 special Venetian reunion sailing

Happy sailing ...but not until next year for us 

• Like 1

@Lvshack  I'm not sure how they say that no 2024 cruises were with any flights, including economy. Here's the US website for your cruise as of right now, still clearly showing "included economy class air":

298555141_ScreenShot2021-07-31at3_24_39PM.thumb.png.443be5377c6292c17fd4ba089037bdd3.png

Further down, it's repeated:

713799065_ScreenShot2021-07-31at3_27_31PM.thumb.png.08eebe3ed4b4a71eaca92d19309d1ca2.png

There was no mention of business class upgrades when I looked previously, nor now. But economy air is included, according to this. 

Hi cruiseej .. yes that's right but you can see when you look for offers with this cruise it states it's a Venetian sailing & business class upgrade ... So again my issue with silversea is that flights are not offered spat this time so that price quoted was the £5700 per  Less £500 air credit !!! So the website is misleading which I told them ...

IMG_20210801_121945.jpg

@Lvshack  Here's what it shows on the US website:

1148033727_ScreenShot2021-08-02at2_32_38AM.thumb.png.f742f3bb565b09a627163eddcb551fbd.png

As you can see, there's no mention of business class air as an offer for this cruise. At least we've clearly established that it's definitely showing different offers on the US and the UK website. I don't know if it's normal for US and UK have different air offers (other than price) for the same cruise.

Since the £99 price for an upgrade is clearly a mistake, I'm guessing this is placeholder text and the whole mention of business class air is a mistake. 

5 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

@Lvshack  Here's what it shows on the US website:

1148033727_ScreenShot2021-08-02at2_32_38AM.thumb.png.f742f3bb565b09a627163eddcb551fbd.png

As you can see, there's no mention of business class air as an offer for this cruise. At least we've clearly established that it's definitely showing different offers on the US and the UK website. I don't know if it's normal for US and UK have different air offers (other than price) for the same cruise.

Since the £99 price for an upgrade is clearly a mistake, I'm guessing this is placeholder text and the whole mention of business class air is a mistake. 

Yes it did seem to good to be true 😢 but again as I said before the price showing on the website including economy flights is not being offered ..just cruise only with a air credit .... So my point to silversea is the misleading information that it includes flights !!! Wait to see if it gets updated nearer the time flights are released for this cruise 🤔