If you have one day in Cabo; which shore excursion do you choose?

AF-1

Sailing on Princess to Cabo in October.  We plan to do a private tour.   Either a four-hour private land tour for four going to Todos Santos and Hotel California; or Catamaran four-hour tour around the bay area, snorkel, beach, and sightseeing.   Thanks for your answers

Really just a personal preference kind of thing, both are so different. I guess I just don't see the attraction to the Hotel California. If I was staying a week in Cabo SL, which I have done often, Todos Santos is a nice day trip for something different, but nothing amazing.

Thank you.  Let me ask you both this question.  I know this is a tender port; so how far is the town of Cabo San Lucas from the port?  Walk, Taxi Ride?  Whichever shore excursion we choose we want to shop afterwards. We spend the night so we could always go out shopping the following morning.  Cheers and have a great day

13 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Look at this map. The cruise dock is where #44 is (more or less). There are shops along the way, but I'd consider the main tourist area to be about were Puerto Paraiso Mall and Plaza Bonita are. That is about a 20 minute walk.

Great map, thanks for sharing this.  Have a wonderful weekend.

On 7/28/2021 at 3:05 PM, AF-1 said:

land tour for four going to Todos Santos and Hotel California; or Catamaran four-hour tour around the bay area, snorkel, beach, and sightseeing. 

If those are your options, I pick the catamaran tour hands down.  The drive to Todos Santos is nice, but why do you want to spend a few hours in the car/bus when you only have a day?  Todos Santos to me is pretty forgettable if you only have a day.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:34 PM, scottca075 said:

I guess I just don't see the attraction to the Hotel California.

Nor do I.  It's a simply cashing in on a song that has nothing to do with the hotel of the same name in Todos Santos.  People want to believe and therefore they want to see it and buy expensive margaritas and t-shirts from the hotel's Canadian owners. 

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-hotel-california-a-brief-timeline-of-lawsuit-over-mexican-resort-name-20180119-htmlst

On 7/29/2021 at 10:23 AM, CruiserBruce said:

The main downtown is a fairly short taxi ride

Just curious what you are referring to as the main downtown?  No real need for a cab if you are referring to places like Cabo Wabo - assuming you can walk well. 

For me, I would probably take a water taxi over to Medano Beach and the Mango Deck area after first visiting the Arch.  Normal cab back to the ship.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:50 PM, scottca075 said:

Look at this map.

Nice tourist map!

On 7/29/2021 at 9:50 PM, scottca075 said:

Puerto Paraiso Mall and Plaza Bonita are

I would skip the shopping.  No great deals there and it's forgettable to me unless you want to get out of the sun and into an airconditioned mall. 

• Like 2

SelectSys;  thank you for your honest feedback.  We choose to do a private sailboat tour with two of our friends.   we have four adults on the sailboat.  We will be sailing around the Cabo area, go snorkeling, to a beach and past the Arch.  The tour lasts 4 1/2 hours.  I appreciate your feedback and we chose to go by sea instead of by land.  Cheers

Edited by AF-1

Neither excursion appeals to me.  But the Catamaran would be nice for most people.  

I usually take a "glass-bottom boat" ride [don't get your expectations high over the boat!!  The glass bottom is a just small window in the bottom of the boat] to the Arches and get dropped off at either Medano Beach or Puerto Paraiso Mall (couple dollar extra charge for the Mall stop per person).  My wife likes to visit the Haagen Daas store in the Mall.   From the beach, we take a cab back to the tender pier area (a pedicab if one is available).  From the Mall, we grab a water taxi back to the tender pier area.  

On 8/3/2021 at 7:07 AM, AF-1 said:

SelectSys;  thank you for your honest feedback.  We choose to do a private sailboat tour with two of our friends.   we have four adults on the sailboat.  We will be sailing around the Cabo area, go snorkeling, to a beach and past the Arch.  The tour lasts 4 1/2 hours.  I appreciate your feedback and we chose to go by sea instead of by land.  Cheers

Can I ask which sailboat trip you are looking at?  We also have a one day stop in Cabo in October and looking for a trip about that length. 

3 minutes ago, janetmojo said:

Can I ask which sailboat trip you are looking at?  We also have a one day stop in Cabo in October and looking for a trip about that length. 

Hello,  I am sending the link to the excursion.  My friend booked this for my birthday.  there will be four of us on the 38' sailboat.  1:15pm sail time.  I think the ship docks at noon.

Mexican Pacific Coast Private Luxury Sail In Cabo For Small Groups — Cabo San Lucas Mexico | Shoretrips

• 4 weeks later...

The Cabo Luxury Yacht Snorkel and Lunch Cruise is the one I booked via Carnival for my February 2022.  Cruise. The Cost was the same booking  via Carnival or direct through the operator.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g152515-d11449745-Los_Cabos_Luxury_Sailing_Snorkel_and_Lunch_Cruise-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_Ca.html

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 9/8/2021 at 9:35 PM, travelplus said:

The Cabo Luxury Yacht Snorkel and Lunch Cruise is the one I booked via Carnival for my February 2022.  Cruise. The Cost was the same booking  via Carnival or direct through the operator.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g152515-d11449745-Los_Cabos_Luxury_Sailing_Snorkel_and_Lunch_Cruise-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_Ca.html

How was this tour?  We’re looking at the same one.