Bubble Excursions for Unvaccinated

Kymberlyfarr

We received my 4 year old son’s vaccine exemption approval today. So my question is, does anyone know when and where the “bubble” tours will be made available? I logged into my account but still only see the regular tours showing available. 

9 minutes ago, Kymberlyfarr said:

We received my 4 year old son’s vaccine exemption approval today. So my question is, does anyone know when and where the “bubble” tours will be made available? I logged into my account but still only see the regular tours showing available. 

I'm booked on a December cruise and only one "bubble" tour shows up in Amber Cove.

(Grand Turk is the other non private island stop and there are no bubble excursions listed).

So.. not sure if they are sold out or not available.

What ports are you going to?

I'm still awaiting my exemption for my little Angel but we are already booked on bubble tours on two of our ports. 1 port has banned unvaccinated from getting off of the ship so we did not book one for that port. The private island does not have an unvaccinated restriction so you don't have to book a bubble tour there.

8 minutes ago, Kymberlyfarr said:

When you booked your bubble tours, where did  you go? We’re they mixed in with the other tours and notated as a bubble tour? 

Yes they were mixed with the regular tours. They are marked bubble tour and then the tour name. We are on the ship right after you 8/14. There are only like 1 or 2 (if any) for each port. They don't look appealing but we are doing beach days for ours. That pretty much all I saw but at least we are getting off of the ship.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

The bubble tours put you with all the other unvaccinated people and at higher risk and if one of them later tested positive, you also, will be quarantined. Not my idea of an enjoyable cruise.

Thank god she didnt ask for what your idea of an enjoyable cruise is then 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mommysoncruiser said:

Yes they were mixed with the regular tours. They are marked bubble tour and then the tour name. We are on the ship right after you 8/14. There are only like 1 or 2 (if any) for each port. They don't look appealing but we are doing beach days for ours. That pretty much all I saw but at least we are getting off of the ship.

Same here. We are going in late sept and we have 2 for Bimini and 3 for Amber Cove. I dunno they dont have any for your Aug cruise yet thats weird. Maybe call the funshops directly and they could help out. I did hear more were getting added this week, we had one added to ours so keep checking 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tallyho8 said:

The bubble tours put you with all the other unvaccinated people and at higher risk and if one of them later tested positive, you also, will be quarantined. Not my idea of an enjoyable cruise.

I am in this position right now on the Carnival Breeze and it sucks!  Let me just say you are on your own finding quarantine hotel and transfer and the cost is on you. (we have insurance, so hopefully we will get reimbursed). Do not expect any help from Carnival and they do not even know their own protocols.

1 hour ago, tallyho8 said:

If any vaccinated passengers or crew test positive the unvaccinated are quarantined then also. Even if they have not left the ship. Everyone should be tested before the cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sailingships said:

If any vaccinated passengers or crew test positive the unvaccinated are quarantined then also. Even if they have not left the ship. Everyone should be tested before the cruise.

I agree that vaccinated or not, EVERYONE should be tested. Someone on princess that is vaccinated just tested positive for COVID. 

Edited by mommysoncruiser

Just now, mommysoncruiser said:

I agree that vaccinated people not, EVERYONE should be tested. Someone on princess that is vaccinated just tested positive for COVID. 

Yes it wont hurt to at least require the PCR 72 hour test passengers can do at home and then bring the results with them. They dont cost anything. Insurance will pay for a test or theres a federal program set up for the uninsured.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Yes it wont hurt to at least require the PCR 72 hour test passengers can do at home and then bring the results with them. They dont cost anything. Insurance will pay for a test or theres a federal program set up for the uninsured.

Sorry I meant whether vaccinated or not, everyone should be tested. Looks like my edit did not go through, lol...

I love princess! The food is good and the service is excellent. I think we can all agree to present a negative COVID test before boarding is not too much to ask. This case is something people should look at. We should remember that the vaccine is not 100% for immunity. The pharma companies that created these vaccines even acknowledge this.

12 minutes ago, sailingships said:

I totally agree. I wouldnt mind getting tested even though i am vaccinated

Me (fully vaxxed 2 jabs of Pfizer since april) and my son 10 unable to be vaxxed are in quarantine right now for testing positive on the Breeze and it is no fun.  Son pcr tested negative 3 days before., antigen test negativeat pier, and antigen test on last full day came back positive for him.  All family members had to get tested and I came back as positive as well even though I am fully vaxxed.  Son always wears mask indoors except when eating, we did participate in 2 bubble tours.  Carnival not handing the positive diagnosis well at all.  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Me (fully vaxxed 2 jabs of Pfizer since april) and my son 10 unable to be vaxxed are in quarantine right now for testing positive on the Breeze and it is no fun.  Son pcr tested negative 3 days before., antigen test negativeat pier, and antigen test on last full day came back positive for him.  All family members had to get tested and I came back as positive as well even though I am fully vaxxed.  Son always wears mask indoors except when eating, we did participate in 2 bubble tours.  Carnival not handing the positive diagnosis well at all.  

Wow

5 hours ago, deweytrader said:

Thanks for sharing.  I feel sorry for you, your son, and your traveling party.  This is kind of a nightmare scenario for Carnival, so please forgive them for panicking a bit.  I have some faith that they'll do better in the days to come.  Be patient, stay well, and good luck.  Please keep us posted if you like.

Can you elaborate on what Carnival is doing or not doing and what you think they can be doing better.  And I hope you and your son are feeling well and are asymptomatic.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear this.  Hope you and your family recover quickly.

6 hours ago, deweytrader said:

I'm sorry you are going through this. Let us know how it goes for you with the quarantine and how it is handled debarking the ship. Best wishes for your family.

59 minutes ago, kleibo said:

Can you elaborate on what Carnival is doing or not doing and what you think they can be doing better.  And I hope you and your son are feeling well and are asymptomatic.

The only thing they have done is give us a list of 8 hotels to call to secure quarantine lodging for 10-14 days at our expense.  We have travel insurance so hopefully something will be reimbursed.  They told us that me husband/ daughter would not have to quarantine so I booked them flights home and then at 11:00 pm last night they told us yhey would have to quarantine as well.  They did waive the fees for the phone calls and gave me free 24 hour internet.  However I have been charged for our quarantine dinner delivery.  They are going to sneak us off the ship after the last passenger debarks, and after much back and forth the arranged transport to the hotel on them thru their normal vender.  I do not think they liked the idea of an ambulance picking us up.  My son and I are both asymptomatic and feel fine!

• Thanks 1