Premium wifi streaming question

pokerguy90

3 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

Will be on the Horizon soon, thinking of purchasing the premium wifi. Does anyone know if it will stream netflix or prime?

On the Vista I was able to do Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and HBOMax but I couldn’t get Hulu or Disney+ to work.

• Thanks 1

In the past when I've had the "premium" wifi it really wasn't fast enough to stream anything.  I'd imagine it would be even slower going through a VPN.  Maybe Carnival has upgraded the wifi during their time off, but I'm not holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, groundloop said:

In the past when I've had the "premium" wifi it really wasn't fast enough to stream anything.  I'd imagine it would be even slower going through a VPN.  Maybe Carnival has upgraded the wifi during their time off, but I'm not holding my breath.

Most of what I'd be streaming is going to be Pandora or Sirius - so not a big bandwidth hog, over the short term at least.

Tom

8 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

Will be on the Horizon soon, thinking of purchasing the premium wifi. Does anyone know if it will stream netflix or prime?

I would  just download a few shows/movies before leaving home-

even if the ship WIFI allows them to work there might be buffering

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KurtJ said:

On the Vista I was able to do Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and HBOMax but I couldn’t get Hulu or Disney+ to work.

I believe that the newer ships now allow Netflix..etc on the premium plan (that is they are not blocked)

One question I have-do the TVs have USB inputs if I want to view content from my tablet or phone

41 minutes ago, RedBeard78 said:

can you purchase Premium wifi by the day when you are onboard?

I'm pretty sure you still can, though it's cheaper per day to buy a package on day 1, and much cheaper per day to buy the package in advance.

1 hour ago, ngrund said:

I believe that the newer ships now allow Netflix..etc on the premium plan (that is they are not blocked)

One question I have-do the TVs have USB inputs if I want to view content from my tablet or phone

I don’t think you can plug into the tv. I just watched on my iPad.

12 minutes ago, KurtJ said:

I don’t think you can plug into the tv. I just watched on my iPad.

Back "in the day" I actually carried on a full (Samsung as I recall) remote and had the codes to get the TV's out of "Hotel Mode", thereby activating the other inputs. I'd imagine that they have made things a bit more restrictive with each new system they deploy.

Tom

i-2R6ppvh-L.jpg