Ok honest opinions Please!

Mattismom

We are going on our second cruise in April on the Granduer. I recently lost 50+ pounds, I had my third and last baby last Feb. Anyway--on our last cruise I was still in a size 16 so I really didn't get to excited about dressing up--but did it anyway. This year I want my hubby's eyeballs to pop out when I get dressed.:eek: I really don't like wearing short dresses, so I was thinking about black tuxedo pants and a black tuxedo beaded jacket with a dressy tank and hills--what do you think? Dressy enough? :confused: :confused:

IMHO, it doesn't matter what size you are - its the clothes style (and fit) you wear that makes the difference.

Can I ask why are you choosing to wear pants rather than a long skirt/dress? You don't want a short dress but skirts/dresses are available in longer lengths.

I'm not trying to be rude but I've never seen a woman wearing a tuxedo style outfit. What does it look like?

Julia

I found this website, I think you should take a look. I am not sure what size you are, but they have sizes from 12-28.I am going to try to post a pic with the web address...http://www.grandallure.com/sequin.html scroll down & look at some of the sparkly stuff there! Sure to knock his eyes out & his socks right off! sqth_SD07.jpgsqth_SD12.jpgsqth_D08.jpeg554X.jpgWhat do you thnk?

We are going on our second cruise in April on the Granduer. I recently lost 50+ pounds, I had my third and last baby last Feb. Anyway--on our last cruise I was still in a size 16 so I really didn't get to excited about dressing up--but did it anyway. This year I want my hubby's eyeballs to pop out when I get dressed.:eek: I really don't like wearing short dresses, so I was thinking about black tuxedo pants and a black tuxedo beaded jacket with a dressy tank and hills--what do you think? Dressy enough? :confused: :confused:

What is your height and your build? I part time professionally dress people and my most important advice is to dress for your build.

While I love tuxedos on women, why don't you find a great dress and celebrate your weight loss?

Based solely on seeing female celebrities wearing tuxedos, some do it right and some....don't (totally my opinion, obviously! But Celine's backwards jacket--totally a Fashion Don't:p ) I think if you find a tuxedo designed for a woman's curves and wear sexy feminine accessories (maybe a corset top??) you could look smokin' hot! Everything depends on your body shape and your confidence level with what you wear! There are probably lots of dresses and pant outfits you could wear--but your confidence that you're beautiful in the outfit is the ultimate accessory!

I have a beaded black tuxedo set by Carmen Marc Valvo. It is lace and the pants are lined from mid thigh up, the rest see through. It is beautiful and unusual and I paid a lot for it, BUT, I never wear it because I feel so much more feminine and sexy in a dress.

JMHO.

First of all, congrats on your weight loss! I don't think my DH would be turned by me in a tux, especially if he's wearing one. I found a great dress at Loehmann's, Cattiva is the brand, that's black chiffon over a stretchy black tank dress. There are two layers, and then there's a jacket that adds a third layer. What I think makes it sexy is the way it swings when I walk or dance. DH (being a wise man:D ), says so, too. My point, before I digress any further, that the longest tier comes to the top of my ankles - not short enough to show the varicose veins that are beginning to form behind my knees (young ladies, do NOT cross your legs that way!) and not long enough for me to trip over.

As for the sequined dresses, they're pretty, but must weigh a ton (and I did see those prices, <gulp>). With all the weight restrictions on airline luggage, I'm not sure they're a practical choice (I know, who wants to practical when we're dressing up? That's what I get for being a native New Englander:rolleyes: ).

I agree that it would be pretty, BUT if you are wanting to get the attention of your husband, I think a dress would be much better...JMHO
While it's impossible to tell without a side by side comparison....I have to agree, in general a dress is more striking than slacks... but then again I've always been a 'leg man'.

But remember... it's not just what you wear but how you think and the vibes you give off as well

I agree that it would be pretty, BUT if you are wanting to get the attention of your husband, I think a dress would be much better...JMHO

If all she wants is attention, I find that either a two by four or witholding the remote works well!;)

Kidding! My DH is the best! (And has a co-worker who is a Cruise Critic:p )

Sounds great to me. A woman who can wear that well looks smashing all the time. I am sure she wants her husband to appreciate her but she also wants to look good for her. I know that's how I feel. If I think I look good I usually do. Toilet paper stuck to my shoes not withstanding.

You wanted an *honest* opinion right?

You said that you wanted your husbands eyeballs to pop out. That's just not going to happen with a tuxedo outfit. No way, no how.

You can do much better. Think sexy and feminine. For a formal night that usually involves some kind of dress. Certainly not a tuxedo pants and jacket. I'm just being honest.

I have a beaded black tuxedo set by Carmen Marc Valvo. It is lace and the pants are lined from mid thigh up, the rest see through. It is beautiful and unusual and I paid a lot for it, BUT, I never wear it because I feel so much more feminine and sexy in a dress.

JMHO.

Please tell me you have a photo! I would LOVE to see this tux! It sounds divine!

Please tell me you have a photo! I would LOVE to see this tux! It sounds divine!

Actually, no, I have never even worn this and also I almost never take photos. I hate dragging a camera around.

I have moved at least five times since I bought it at Saks 7 years ago and always drag it with me. But, it has never made out of the bag it was sold in, I am ashamed to say.

It really is stunning and everytime I look at it I just laugh. I have too many things in my closet with the tags still on but this one I do regret. And it weighs tooooo much to carry with me on a cruise.

I'm afraid I have to agree with other posters. Based on what little I know about this outfit, a tuxedo, no matter how feminine, probably isn't going to get any man's heart racing.

How about a long dress that looks conservative from the front, but has a low back, so that when you turn around, he's breathless.

Think Hilary Swank at the 2005 Oscars.

T

I agree that a tuxedo is probably not going to knock his socks off.

My suggestion is to highlight your assets and play down the others. Whatever it is - cleavage, great arms, lovely shoulders, great legs, small waist, nice back, good complexion - you know what it is. Then buy something that highlights that in a color that looks great on you. Wear great accessories and sexy lingerie underneath.

Jane

When my husband and I were dating in college, in the 60s, I always made sure that I had on a nice skirt outfit when I knew that I would bump into him on campus.

Years later, I found out that he likes women better in pants because he can "see their hips". All that effort was backwards! Maybe the OP knows that her husband feels that way, too.

Big congrats on your weight loss.

I personally would only wear a tuxedo for women outfit if I were doing formal. They as Caviargal (has one) said they can be beautiful I had one when I was a small size 4 and it was great. I dont think wearing one is about size, its about how you wear it.

As for your DH, I think its a matter of what his tastes are if you want to impress him.

Mine would not be impressed by anything low cut, or revealing regardless of the size #, he just likes something more conservative and what he considers elegant. I say this because that too can imply different things to different people.

Andee is right, bascially only the OP knows what her hubby likes. As an example, my DH does not relly like cleveage to show when going out. Regardless of the size of a woman, even on a model size, it is just something he doesnt care for. Hence, only you know your husband's taste and what he would like. I'll occasionally wear something with some cleveage and he just accepts it but is definitely not HIS fav look, so you need to go with what you think your DH likes and of course what you feel comfy and happy in.

Good luck and have a wonderful safe healthy happy cruise.

Gene is kibitzing right now and he is telling me to tell you that pants on a woman are VERY sexy and this tux thing sounds good and now he is asking me about getting one. So I would say different strokes. Yep, he is in the kitchen getting coffee and asking about the tux thing.

Ok--thanks so much for all of your replies! I am going to try and attach a photo of the one that I am thinking of getting--I don't want you to think I am referring to a full size mans tuxedo-- I think they are quite different. Here gos--1724104207_tuxjacket.jpg.597820d3f4f925363387874a63319d22.jpg

237869159_pant2.jpg.6ab6467e380198aa6d2cfc6490c40194.jpg

if you go to JCPENNY.com and look under seperates, you can zoom in on them and see the detail--bead work down each pant leg and on the sides and front of the jacket.

Archived