Why has cruise critic morphed into just another travel agent.

shooie

I recently logged into Cruise Critic to find that the website which used to be devoted to discussions about all things relevant to cruising and cruisers, with interesting discussions about many topics, has now sold it's soul to the cruise lines, and is just another travel agent, trying to sell me cruises.

This is NOT what Cruise Critic was set up to be. I don't want to be bothered by them trying to flog me cruises.

16 hours ago, shooie said:

I recently logged into Cruise Critic to find that the website which used to be devoted to discussions about all things relevant to cruising and cruisers, with interesting discussions about many topics, has now sold it's soul to the cruise lines, and is just another travel agent, trying to sell me cruises.

This is NOT what Cruise Critic was set up to be. I don't want to be bothered by them trying to flog me cruises.

Howdy @shooie and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards!  emo22.gifI see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards. Since you did not Follow this thread, I do not know if you will be aware of this reply or not.

Thank you for posting a new thread here on the Cruise Blogs & Websites forum. However, this forum is for members to share their personal travelogue-type cruise-related blogs or websites with their fellow Cruise Critic members. 

Please note the following from the Do you sell cruises; are you sponsored by the cruise lines; do the cruise lines pay you to say good things about them? section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"Cruise Critic is not a travel agency; we do not sell cruises. We do not rate or recommend travel agencies. Our mission is to help travelers plan the best possible cruise vacation.

We are not sponsored by any cruise line. Like most websites, we do accept advertising and, at times, partner with cruise lines for contests, events (such as Meet & Mingle parties).

At Cruise Critic our mission is to provide balanced, unbiased reporting and take our journalistic credibility seriously. It is central to this mission for the site to provide you, the reader and our members, with an accurate and reliable resource on all aspects of cruising, and we do so by pairing our editorial content with thousands of reviews from our members of the site. Cruise Critic accepts advertising, but it remains strictly impartial from an editorial standpoint -- something which is made clear to all advertisers."

Since your post contains comments/feedback concerning board management, please note the following statements also in the Guidelines:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

Please send an email with your comments/feedback concerning board management to the Community Manager, LauraS. Send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic member name.

And since your comments/feedback should not have been posted on the board but instead sent as an email to the Community Manager per the Guidelines, this thread is closed.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful. 

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif