Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I am particularly interested in verifying the news from the meeting with Jan where it was stated that Elite cruisers will have a boarding lounge so if they are early for their boarding time they won't have to wait outside.

I very much doubt that she will have any time to make an impact on such a process so quickly.  And...we are not Elite (working on it 😁) so I doubt that we will be able to speak to that process firsthand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Since the first cruise was atypical in regard to the boarding process please let us know how this boarding goes. I am particularly interested in verifying the news from the meeting with Jan where it was stated that Elite cruisers will have a boarding lounge so if they are early for their boarding time they won't have to wait outside.

Many thanks for taking time out of your cruise for this. Hopefully we won't have all the off topic issues that plagued the earlier Live thread.

I'll try my very best to answer that, as I am elite and will investigate whether or not there is a lounge. But I'm not sure if I will be there early enough before boarding. I am the first boarding group at 11:30 but I am coming straight from the airport as my flight arrives at 10:00 a.m. . I'll will keep you posted

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

After following every post on the July 25 th live thread, woo hoo! It’s my turn! I’m flying to Seattle tomorrow afternoon. I’ve visited Seattle, it has a lot to offer but work pays for cruises, so just any overnight this time. 

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to post Information and updates. I hope you all had an amazing time. 

I’ll write in purple so it’s easy to find my updates 😁

Like many others, I have several cancellations under my belt, including 2 attempts at Alaska, and I can not wait for some time at  sea. Alaska is an amazing place, and This is my third cruise to Alaska. My first Princess cruise was on the Sea Princess in 2012. the link to that review is in my signature. The Majestic is of course a very different ship. While this class of ship is not my first choice for Alaska, I get to go so I’m happy. 

This cruise will be very different than those in the past with all the changes in events they are not doing. I’ll take that as an opportunity to do things I haven’t or have rarely done. A good attitude is a good way to start a trip I believe. I’m sure I’ll miss things I enjoyed in the past, but a day at sea beats a day at work. 

I do have excursions booked I’m very excited about. I had cancer In2009 and was considerably restricted In what I could physically do in 2012. I still had an amazing time and will talk about past excursions on the days In those ports. There are so many options.  I do still have  restrictions but will be able to do two excursions i couldn’t then. This will be my third attempt to go on the Kroschel Studios excursion and I will be bouncing around like a sugared up toddler for sure ! Pleeeease let me go 😂

I did not get Princess plus. I’m elite and will trade out my minibar for 2 coffee packages ( so 30 specialty coffees/teas and unlimited regular coffee, tea, and hot chocolate) i just don’t drink much and I’ll maybe have one alcoholic drink a day and I get 1/2 off on WiFi, so for me, it’s not worth it. I will get a mango margarita and a dirty banana, my two favorite drinks, somewhere along the way. I may even go to the elite lounge 😂I think I’ve gone once, ever. I may also take a 6 pack of canned soda onboard as you are allowed to. I’m trying to drink less soda so maybe not. 

I stalked the menus and am excited to see some new dishes on the dining room menus. Princess is like home now as I know where I’m going onboard and what to expect, so it’s exciting to see something new. The Majestic is also a bit different than the Royal and Regal so I’m excited to check out the Hollywood Conservatory and will make use of the pool there.I do wish they had kept the Gong Cha cafe as I wanted to try the milk tea and mango smoothie, but there’s plenty of other drinks to enjoy. Oh and I will be visiting my friend Alfredo of course for his amazing pizza and pastas 😍

I’m going to stop by the Enclave to see what the price and rules are. I read on the May 25 thread that it was I think $179 for the week and you only get two hours a day, which you have to schedule. If that’s the case, I will skip it this time. During normal times, I’ve very much enjoyed my time in the Enclave. 

I’m traveling solo, which I’ve done many times. Due to the uncertainty with dining, I went ahead and booked a table for dinner each night for my epic party of one 🎉 , I’m in two dining rooms and have different times booked based on the port times etc. If they do the Sur La Mer brunch on a sea day, I’ll likely do that as well. A small group of us agreed to meet for afternoon tea the first sea day, something to look forward to! Our roll calls here and the ..other place 😉 are pretty small,  no official meet and greet set up. 

I’ve stayed in touch with 3 of the lovely crew members on board from previous cruises and can’t wait to see them again. I’m so excited for them, they are back at sea doing jobs they love. You may have experienced Zumba or dance classes with the one, the only, Nat from Brazil. If you did, you will never forget him and will darn sure be smiling while dancing😂 He’s changed positions so no Zumba with Nat this time 😭. I’m so happy for him and wish him the best in his new path. Duke Christopher is one of my favorite CDs and I could legit listen to him talk all day 🥰😆he’s been promoted to ED now so l suppose I’ll see less of him this time as well. Miss Rachel from Canada who is addicted to Puns is also onboard and is an ACD. I met her when she was on her first contract and she’s so funny and such a sweet person. I made sure to tell her I will “sea” her soon 😉.  I’m so excited to see them all. I’ve also been watching the videos Captain Dino Sagani has been posting and I’m looking forward to meeting him, his videos make me laugh and I know I’ll enjoy his vibrant and fun personality. 

It will be a different experience, but it will be fun and amazing and an opportunity to explore and enjoy a beautiful place. Alaska has so much to offer, it’s just beautiful! I look forward to another opportunity to see the glaciers, hear the calving, watch the wildlife, wander the towns, and so much more. 

To be continued...😘

Safe travels! I fly out tomorrow, and arrive 10am. Nothing wrong with a fabulous table of one as I always do the same myself as I typically travel solo 95% of the time, personally it's the best way to meet some exciting new people!!! 

This is my sixth Alaskan cruise. I've done so many of the different excursions that's been offered by the ship over the years. And honestly you can't go wrong with any of them. Like you said Alaska is such a beautiful place what's not to enjoy. 🥰

I'm excited as well as there's a lot of familiar  faces (crew members) onboard. Like I always say every time I step on a princess ship, I just like to go where everybody knows my name. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

@Jeter02 I thought you might jump in there!  And, I wasn't sure that you were Elite but I suspected. 😃

Thanks for the original tag to let me know we have a live thread started. Much appreciated 😊

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

We will also try to check out the Elite lounge area tomorrow.  Flying in to Seattle  this afternoon.  Plan to be there a little early even though we are in Boarding Group A.  Will try to report back on its availability also.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

I'll try my very best to answer that, as I am elite and will investigate whether or not there is a lounge. But I'm not sure if I will be there early enough before boarding. I am the first boarding group at 11:30 but I am coming straight from the airport as my flight arrives at 10:00 a.m. . I'll will keep you posted

Have a great time (one Yankees fan to another)!

I hope you're flying direct from FL. Even direct it would have to be a 7am flight to get there by 10am.

Edited by kml246

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

. I am particularly interested in verifying the news from the meeting with Jan where it was stated that Elite cruisers will have a boarding lounge so if they are early for their boarding time they won't have to wait outside.

#UsToo - early boarding is important to us and this would eliminate having to either choose or get assigned a boarding time

• Like 3

We are looking forward to joining everyone tomorrow on the cruise! This is our first Alaska and Princess cruise. We did get the Princess Plus package for this cruise and we should be boarding in Group B tomorrow.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, kml246 said:

Have a great time (one Yankees fan to another)!

I hope you're flying direct from FL. Even direct it would have to be a 7am flight to get there by 10am.

Thank you so much! I'll be wearing my Yankee shirt proudly onboard. I wish there was nonstop out of Fort Lauderdale, I actually arrived to Tampa about 2 and 1/2 hours ago and I have a 7:00 a.m. flight Non-Stop from here instead. So it works out.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Thank you so much! I'll be wearing my Yankee shirt proudly onboard. I wish there was nonstop out of Fort Lauderdale, I actually arrived to Tampa about 2 and 1/2 hours ago and I have a 7:00 a.m. flight Non-Stop from here instead. So it works out.

You're welcome!

We're taking the 9am Delta direct flight next Saturday (going a day early), so we get there at noon. We're driving up to TPA Friday and staying over.

It's great they had that flight. Sorry nothing from FLL that worked.  

Edited by kml246
  • Like 2

I have an 11:30 boarding time, the shuttle is Picking me up at the airport hotel at 9 am so depending on how many stops, I may see the lounge. I am currently at Sacramento  airport waiting on my plane. I have tsa pre check and it was less than 10 minutes from bag check to gate. There was no one at all with me in pre check. I’ve had it for 5 years (just renewed) and I’ve never had no one at all with me in line. I think the tsa people were almost excited to see me 😂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

Hi, yes I did. I called and paid for it. There was no way to do it online for this sailing. It’s 9.99 a day for one device at a time, then I should get 50% of that back as onboard credit. I also booked Princess excursions so will get 10% credits on those as obc. 

I’m curious why you’ll get the 10% credit. Is it simply because you booked pre-cruise, or is it because of your level? I ask because we booked WiFi and numerous excursions pre-cruise, but this is our first Princess cruise.

4 minutes ago, FirstTeacher said:

I’m curious why you’ll get the 10% credit. Is it simply because you booked pre-cruise, or is it because of your level? I ask because we booked WiFi and numerous excursions pre-cruise, but this is our first Princess cruise.

Yes, the 10% discount on excursions are for those who are considered elite. And for both elite and platinum the Wi-Fi is a 50% credit OBC as well. If you pre-book your Wi-Fi prior to your cruise it's $9.99 versus $14.99 a day. Those rates are for all cruisers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FirstTeacher said:

With Princess' revamped Captain's Circle benefits, Elite passengers get a 10% discount on Princess excursions. If pre-booked, the discount comes back to you in refundable OBC.

After you complete this cruise, you will become Gold level. Here are the benefits of all the tiers:

rewarding your loyalty - Membership benefits of Princess® Captain’s Circle

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

I have an 11:30 boarding time, the shuttle is Picking me up at the airport hotel at 9 am so depending on how many stops, I may see the lounge. I am currently at Sacramento  airport waiting on my plane. I have tsa pre check and it was less than 10 minutes from bag check to gate. There was no one at all with me in pre check. I’ve had it for 5 years (just renewed) and I’ve never had no one at all with me in line. I think the tsa people were almost excited to see me 😂

Are you using Seattle Express for shuttle service?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kml246 said:

With Princess' revamped Captain's Circle benefits, Elite passengers get a 10% discount on Princess excursions. If pre-booked, the discount comes back to you in refundable OBC.

After you complete this cruise, you will become Gold level. Here are the benefits of all the tiers:

rewarding your loyalty - Membership benefits of Princess® Captain’s Circle

Thanks for both these quick responses. I guess it was too good to be true that a Princess “newbie” would get such a benefit.

• Like 1

Just now, FirstTeacher said:

Thanks for both these quick responses. I guess it was too good to be true that a Princess “newbie” would get such a benefit.

Hey, can't hurt to try! 🙂

We have nine Princess cruises, so we're Platinum. We've had seven cruises canceled since COVID, so we would have been Elite by now. With all the cruises we have booked for the next two years, we should be Elite by June. We will need to add one more cruise before then because Princess just canceled our February New Zealand cruise. We can't believe we're finally going to cruise again a week from tomorrow!

Hopefully, you'll love cruising as much as many of us here do. 

• Like 3